Toyota Yaris
See the Best Cars in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

joy
joyMelbourne

I'm glad we are getting rid of it!

Our personal experience was terrible!! It was our son's first car and all he had was troubles. It stalled and would start shaking and dying while standing on red lights or similar. Couple times it died in the middle of a busy roundabout and all I could see that one day might end up tragically becasue the car kept dying whenever he would take his foot of the gas. We visited Toyota service numerous times but they kept saying it was nothing. All they did was raising the motor turns so it doesn't keep turning off but still without putting it in neutral it would start shaking and turn off eventually. So, we had some car...very disappointed but happy to say goodbye yaris.

BadgeYR
Engine Size1.3
Date PurchasedMar 2008
RDD
RDDMandurah

Toyota Yaris 2015 Hatch Ascent

Purchased a new Yaris 2015 Hatch Ascent. Clocked in at 19,000 kms. My car failed as it was struggling to move when changing gears. Roadside assistance detected the car was running on 3 cylinders and should be on 4.
The car has to be towed back to Toyota for further investigation.

So disappointed and annoyed.

BadgeAscent
Engine Size1.3
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedNov 2015
ohauitird3
ohauitird3Perth, WA

terrible - will lose $3000 off resale due to paint peeliing, which is a well documented world wide p

BadgeYRS
Engine Size1.5
foetus666
foetus666Brisbane

Terrible - do not buy this vehicle - High pitch noise in engine. Toyota will not fix.

joshuapauldavies

Shazz
Shazz asked
Yaris

Hi,
I have bought a 2018 Yaris and when I attach my iPhone through the Bluetooth I can’t hear phone ring or anyone talking.
I have been in settings and volume is on.
Has anyone else had this problem

Joanna Kingstonasked
Yaris

Looking at a new Yaris, 2019 onwards , do any of the models come standard with the Toyota Safety Sense pack or do you have to add it on?

Bandzior
Bandzior

Hi you could ask it dealer not product review.

Thanks, real helpful.

pollygoh2002
pollygoh2002

Generally speaking Yaris is a great car. I have never owned 2019 model onwards, so can't comment here.

Brian m
Brian masked
Yaris XP130 Hatch YR (2011-2014)

Thinking of purchasing 2014 with 115076 ks what is the opion on this

Sarah J.
Sarah J.

I'm not sure Bout later models. That's a few kms on it. Depends how much it is. Mine is 2018 and it's been very good so far I'm at 10,000kms and have had no issues

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota Yaris

Compare all 11 Toyota Yaris
CategoryCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and Hatchbacks
Starting Price $18,690$21,490$26,190
TransmissionAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomaticAutomatic and Manual
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Engine4 Cylinder 1.3L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L
Max Power62kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque120Nm @ 4600rpm141Nm @ 4400rpm141Nm @ 4400rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapan
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateOct 2011Oct 2011Oct 2011Oct 2005