2,978 reviews

2,978 reviews
Elizabeth Rye
Elizabeth RyePerth, WA

Terrible customer service

Ordered 2 weeks ago and only today got notification of shipping - after I requested a refund because the item won’t arrive before my Xmas travels. They are now ignoring my refund request. Would not suggest buying anything online. Terrible customer service experience and will not every purchase from them again.
Claire B.
Claire B.3 posts

Do Not Buy! Items will not ship

I purchased Christmas presents over a week ago. I've contacted the company via their customer service, no response. I tried to contact them via fb and no response.
I will now be trying to cancel my order but considering others experiences I doubt to receive my order or money back. Don't even risk ordering from them
Lena
Lena

Poor service and communication

Ordered a toy on 17.10.22 and got a parcel despatch email with tracking number on 22.10. When the parcel didn’t arrive I chased the tracking and found out it was never sent. Contact number listed on online ordering website disconnected as well as local store numbers. Emailed and got a quick reply that communication was now only online (no phone anymore) and my order was never sent as PayPal payment didn’t go through.
Why would they send out a tracking notification for a parcel that doesn’t exist instead of letting me know that there was an issue with payment?
I now have no present for my child’s birthday.
Very poor communication. Show details
Georgie
GeorgieSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Shipped Tomorrow not!

Purchased item on Sunday. Advertised to be shipped next day (Monday). Not shipped, not informed, had to contact them. Not shipped three days after. Cancelled order, about 10+ days wait for refund.
mrstanyanewsome
mrstanyanewsome

Never ordering from Toys R Us again

Incredibly slow service. Impossible to cancel orders that are taking weeks because they don't reply to your emails until after they claim the product has been shipped. Then they state it can't be cancelled once shipped. Although, there is no way to know if they're lying about it being shipped or not because it still took over 2 weeks to arrive after the Australian store claimed it had been shipped.

There are a lot of alternate online stores to order from with adequate service.

DreamOnLittle D.
DreamOnLittle D.3 posts

Don't buy from here

I'm starting to understand why this companie is going bankrupt.
Worse customer service, delivery was months late for a doll house. Could not get into contact with anyone until I threaten them with consumer affairs after refusing me a refund. Second time they have upset my daughter for her her birthday and Christmas due to no show.

I wouldn't recommend buying fron this company. Seek else where. I am not the only review that has seeked legal advice after refusal of a refund. Months later eventually the doll house came after a fight, damaged and alll scratched up.

Mellie
Mellie

Pleasantly Surprised

I was definitely sceptical after reading reviews, but my order was processed and shipped on the same day and arrived in Adelaide in perfect condition 2 days later, without even paying for express postage. No extra money was debited out of my account, I didn't need to contact anyone for late shipments or faulty products, I'd even argue that this was one of my best experiences ordering anything online in quite a while. Show details
Kieren
Kieren

Arrived in 7 days

The reviews here had me nervous, but my order arrived in 7 days with no faults.
Did need to email and ask for postal tracking though which i received on day 5 after online order. Show details
Nonna
Nonnasydney3 posts
  Online store

Dodgy business practices and department of fair trading should look into them!

Buyer beware!The toys that I purchased were faulty and I asked for a refund..that was a joke!They made me return them and said they"tested" them .They then invoiced my Pay Pal account without my consent to force me to pay for the toys to be returned to me.These people should realise that in Australia we have consumer laws and I suggest they read them. Show details
Mojo
MojoMelbourne3 posts
  Online store

Disgusting business practices - avoid at all costs

Debited money out of my account although the order was cancelled days earlier and I had never verified the payment. Now it's over a month and still no return of my money. Not a small amount either and I have had to pay it off my credit card to avoid interest. Disgraceful business practice. I will never use them again and would advise others to avoid them at all costs. Hopefully Consumer Affairs can help.
Oliver
Oliver

Couldn’t fault them

After reading all of the terrible reviews we were very sceptical but our order arrived within 10days of purchase to Christchurch NZ. Lowest price and postage we could find.
Guimoo
GuimooSydney, NSW12 posts
  Online store

Good prices for Lego but poor payment system, be patient!

They have limited Lego selection but at good prices (sometimes very good!) so I bought a few times from them but their payment check is very annoying. when you pay, they send a small account back to your account to verify you. Although good to fileter spam, it is a pain in the butt as banks can take days to process refunds. This is super frustrating when you pay extra for faster deliver as it cancels the benefit and is just play dumb. No one else does this. On top of this, they do not offer free shipping over a set amount.
So only consider if you see a bargain and you have time to receive delivery, adding time for bank check up, no garanted delivery time and still be at home.
Otherwise good bargains to be had. Show details
Andrea
Andrea

payments and refunds

Online payment system isn't very trustworthy. They charged my card in one payment rather than the two they said they require and also later than their allocated timeframe of 3 days. Then it stated online that the order had been cancelled. I tried to call, they didn't answer the phone. However when I emailed, I had a timely response. The order had indeed been cancelled and they offered me a reinstatement. I didn't choose this option. My money owed to me was reimbursed into my account. They fixed it up but I wouldn't use them again.
Heather
Heather

Wonderful

Ordered online on Friday ( before long weekend) Didn't hear anything back at all (except the receipt email) by the Tuesday so I sent an email asking about dispatch times etc as it was my first order with them and then I read these reviews,so was super stressed.. Received an email reply Wednesday afternoon with a tracking number attached and I checked it out and my order had been sent the same day I placed order..was so so happy with service and product ( Harry Potter lego) Received item today.. Absolutely thrilled with my personal experience. Thanks so much toys r Us Show details
  Online store

Not going to lie, I was very worried after seeing the reviews but I did recieve my item and very quickly and it was perfect. I got the toy story booster seat and no faults.
I didn't recieve a confirmation or shipping email but I did email them and got an answer with a tracking number right away. Show details
BOSSCOCKY
BOSSCOCKY

Scam artists

Customer service is terrible.

Website is old and not updated.

They take your money in 2 transactions and you have to do a lot of messing around when it comes to the check out.

It’s not fair how these corporations withhold money without the buyers concent.

Toy R us. Go [Content Removed]! Show details

Jade Watson
Jade Watson

Do not buy from Toys R Us

Toys R Us withhold refunds for weeks and its not easy to get your money back…will never shop there again Show details
al s.
al s.

Terrible Service

I don't normally write, reviews.. Took well over three weeks to arrive. The verification process is ridiculous, they took the payment on day one.. in two parts. And then didn't verify for 3 weeks.. it was only done when I asked for a refund. Never using them again. Will stick with Amazon from now on..
MFC
MFC

Amazed at service

Ordered a $15 product online which had no delivery fee (was wondering if it was too good to be true). Arrived literally 2 days after I ordered - couldn't believe it.
Lisa
LisaSydney, NSW6 posts

No returns policy

My son received 2 of the same things for his birthday so I wanted to return the one I bought him and buy something else, but Toys R Us don't do returns for change of mind. No return of item unless faulty. Below is from the email they sent me.
No returns for:-
* Simply change your mind; or
* Purchased the wrong product; or
* Damage a product after purchase due to alterations to the product not performed by us, damage the product due to unusual or non-recommended use of the product or damage the product where the damage is caused by any factors beyond our control; or
* No proof of purchase is provided.

So only buy if you are sure! Show details

Annoyed
Annoyed
Brenda
Brenda
  Online store

Never ordering from here again

I’ve never been one to leave reviews but the services I’ve received is appalling. I ordered a stroller for me son 1/02. After 3 weeks of no shipping update I sent an email and they said from the initial purchase date it would take 7+ business days due to delays but at the point it was already 15 business days. I asked for a refund. I’ve been given the run around about my refund for a month now. The contact number is disconnected and the online customer service team reply once a week if you’re lucky. I’m still waiting for my refund. This company is a joke. Show details
Daniel
Daniel
Chelsey
ChelseyPerth, WA2 posts

Worst website ever

Do not bother placing orders with this company. They'll delay preorder dates for months and months, send half your order, and leave you waiting and wondering for months. I tried to order a gift for my sister, and this was the biggest mistake. Sure, the prices are a little cheaper, but it's just not worth it.
DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE! Show details
Roanne
RoanneGold Coast5 posts

Items arrived just fine

I was abit hesitate after reading the reviews but I can't fault ToysRUs - great product and service - if anything Australia Post have a lot to answer for - ToysRUs posted my items and then I watch Australia Post get it nearly to my address in Qld - only to divert it back to Victoria and then transfer it back to Qld. Show details

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM EVER

Bought a very expensive remote control toy for my son's birthday from them, worked for only 30 minutes then stopped working. Customer service is appaling. No one answers the phone. Email service is terrible they keep referring you to different manufacturers to get warranty help. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN. Would give zero stars if I could.

Chris
Chris6 posts
  Online store

Terrible! 3 weeks for paid express post, still no word, no refund or birthday presents. Never again!

Horrible customer service. We paid extra for express delivery over 3 weeks ago! It’s one thing to be late we can all accept that in these times but don’t charge $30 for express post and then ignore our calls and emails when you don’t deliver. We’ll be taking this matter further with legal action because we don’t get any response. My son didn’t get his birthday presents and I’ll never shop with them again!
Micl1964
Micl1964Southwest, VIC3 posts

Toy R Us are the worst online store

I ordered my granddaughter a wiggles bike on the 29th Jan and it’s now the 16th of Feb and haven’t had an email to say when it will be sent out and now it says out of stock .. sounds so shonky to me . I payed through Afterpay so not sure how to cancel this .
Don’t use this online store Show details
DukeOfDeath
DukeOfDeath2 posts

Worst Online Shop Toys R Us crap show

Screw Toys R Us I bought around 300 bucks of start wars lego, from this Muppets and paid for the registered delivery, which is supposed to arrive between 2 to 6 working days, that was on the 27th January today is 15th of February..

When I emailed them on the 3rd of February,
I got a rude reply stating that I ordered on the 29th of January funny I got the emails as proof of times and dates.
In simple I got told I was being rude for emailing and asking about my purchase and what was going on with delivery..

I emailed them yesterday asking for a refund.. LoL got a reply stating, you ordered has been processed you will be updated with the delivery

PS. Don't be fooled by the little scam from "Toys R Us" Show details

Glen H.
Glen H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
Des
DesPerth, WA2 posts

Terrible

Cannot believe I pad and extra $30 to have express shipment instead of waiting 7to 10 days. And guess what they took my money and I’m still waiting this is ridiculous. How dare to take people’s money and not be honest and no one answers their phone I’ve been trying for 3 days
Patrice P.
Patrice P.South East Queensland, QLD
CrappyServiceIsUs
CrappyServiceIsUs
  Online store

The Worst Customer Service I've Experienced - Spend Your Money Elsewhere!!

I purchased an expensive toy for my son's Christmas present. Unfortunately the product was faulty and not fit for purpose from the moment it was opened. When contacted, Toys R Us were completely unhelpful, did not offer a refund, or to replace the product despite having provided a faulty good in the first place. Literally money down the drain for not even a moment of joy for my son. What a joke - a toy company that ruins Christmas for a child! To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I will never support this brand again. Show details
Shaun D.
Shaun D.11 posts

Fraudulent company!

Absolutely appalling and pathetic service and fraud! Stay away from this company. We didn’t authorise a credit card payment and cancelled the order. However one month later they sent an email saying they have verified the order and shipped it and charged our card over $200. Customer service is pathetic and won’t even respond to our emails! And don’t even think about trying to call the number as it just keeps ringing and ringing.
Bob
BobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Online fail

It's not cheaper and they don't respond when you ask for help. Ordered something online and needed to cancel it as the delivery date update for Christmas would have cut it fine to get to the destination. Ended up buying duplicates as a result and the online response came after the fact. They don't price match either. Show details
Silvi
SilviSydney, NSW3 posts

Nicole
NicoleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA
  Verified Online store

Sand and water play boat

Bought this water play set only to receive it and notice it’s so small, it’s says on the box 3+ but it’s not even 30cm from the floor? It’s more for a 1 or 15 month old so disappointed Show details
LynnC
LynnCGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

Worse experience ever!

Purchased a bike for my son for Christmas. The tyre had a puncher. Contacted Toys r us for either a replacement or a refund. They offered me $20 to fix it. Its not good enough to tell someone a faulty product. You either refund or replace, not expect them to fix it! AVOID.
jas
jas
  Online store

Too slow and poor customer service

Order required unorthodox verification and then when i worked that out was still very slow to process and was only then advised the item i ordered was out of stock, No customer service by phone and too slow to respond to email enquiries. Wrecked my plans for Christmas presents as by the time this was all sorted (and i was made aware it was not available anyway, it was too late to make other arrangements. Would never recommend
Kylie F.
Kylie F.
  Online store

Don’t buy from them ever!!!!!!

Everything everyone has said on here is true!! Don’t buy from them!! I wish I had read the reviews before placing an order. 2 weeks went by without sending any tracking, emailed them, a week later, I got a refund for cancelled order. Luckily my son is super easy going so I got him a different birthday present. Pathetic!!!! Show details