2,980 reviews

2,980 reviews
Christine
Christine Sydney, NSW2 posts

Non Existent Customer Service

Do not waste your time with this company. They do not deliver what you ordered, they then are completely uncontactable, they have NO phone number to even call to complain to. You are at their mercy of a response! Unbelievable business and I will never use them again. I suggest to anyone else considering buying toys for their children to order through someone else.
CLL1
CLL1South East Queensland, QLD3 posts
Marlee K
Marlee K

Pathetic customer service!

Yet to receive my order, placed well over a month ago!
I’ve sent multiple emails as the phone number on the website just rings out, but still no reply.
My sons birthday has since passed so I no longer need the item now but can’t even get in contact with them to arrange a refund!
Pathetic.
Irisho
Irisho
  Online store

Terrible experience!!! The worst customer service that I have ever received from an online store!!!

Ordered a birthday gift for my daughter a week ahead and paid for express postage. 3 days passed her birthday they started to ship the item. Wrote to them to complain, they showed me no compassion or consideration. I asked for the refund of the express postage and they just refunded the difference between express and standard. That was it. One month passed my daughter's birthday present has still not arrived yet. Terrible experience!!! I am an online shopping addict and so far this is the worst one.
Melissa C.
Melissa C.Murray Mallee, SA

Waiting a month

ordered on the 20th September and still have not received my order. I have emailed aswell as called not happy
Cath
CathGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  Verified Online store

Extended delivery time and no customer service

I ordered my Husband a Birthday present on 10th October which is a Ghostbusters Lego car. I paid an additional $22 for express delivery but it still has not arrived (today is 21st October and is his Birthday).
They should not offer the option for express delivery if this cannot be fulfilled.

I have tried to call them but they are not taking phone calls and I have also sent them a message but have not received a response.

I can see on their website that there is a delay with postage which I understand but I have recently ordered from numerous other sites and items have been received within 2 weeks without having to pay express delivery.

I had to give a star rating which I would prefer to give zero but this was not allowable.

Kate
KateSydney, NSW2 posts

horrible experience

I have bought a BMX bike on line for my son . It has been over a month now and still no delivery . Worst of all there is no one you can contact or a phone number to call . They have automated email . I actually think this company is a scam . I highly recommend STAYING AWAY from them . I have been sent a fake shipping order also from toysrus. Their website should be shut down.
Pauline
PaulineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Doesn’t deserve even 1 star ⭐️

After 3 weeks I received my order and there’s missing items. I tried to contact them many times via call but no answered. Emailed and messages them but still no reply. Poor communication and customer service! I want the other items missing to send to me because i paid it.
Judith
JudithSydney, NSW
Lauren O.
Lauren O.Central West, NSW

If I could give no stars I would

I made a purchase over a month ago and due to Aust Post delays I just assumed it was taking longer then normal. After three weeks and no dispatch info I made contact, 10 days later and I receive an email that it hasn’t been sent and is actually out of stock. Ridiculous service all round. If I hadn’t ask would I just have never received my order and they would keep my money!?!

Won’t be shopping again with Toys R Us Australia

Mel
Mel4 posts

Poor communication and shipping

Website stated “Order Now and it Ships within 2-3 business days”
Placed order on 2 October and the only update I have received from them is that they have processed my payment.
I emailed them to follow up since I should at least have a tracking number by now since it’s been nearly 10 business days and no reply yet. Disappointed in service when I could’ve ordered plenty of other sites.
Natalie C.
Natalie C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts
  Online store

The worst customer service I have ever experienced

Ordered two sleeping bags back in September.
Took one week to dispatch. Aus post took 3 weeks to deliver… only to open box and only find one sleeping bag. Have waited a week now for an email reply and nothing. Have tried to call, no one answers!
But wait it gets better…. I left a comment on one of their Instagram posts stating my issue, my comment was deleted in 12 hours and their comments turned off on all their posts and no acknowledgement of my comment. If only they had such a quick response time for their emails and customer enquirers there would be a lots less negative reviews. Shame on you. No wonder all your stores closed down!
Madd
Madd

The worst!!!

Ordered a basketball hoop and two boxes of clay. Took one month for tracking number after emailing them twice. Two months later I received a broken and torn up box with one box of clay and no invoice. Where’s the other $120 worth of purchases?? I’ve emailed with all details twice, still no answer, have called billions of times, no one picks up!! Happy to take your money then slack off. So disappointed.
Ben
Ben
  Verified Online store

Have not heard a thing from them

Purchased some items on 28th September 2021 online and received confirmation that order was processed on the same day. Since then I have not received any notification of shipping and have not been able to contact them. I have filled out the online form as per the website and have attempted to call 50 times.
Of course they have taken my money and not fulfilled my order as per contractual agreement.
I have contacted Dept. of Fair Trading and began legal action.
Do not buy from this store.
Altair
AltairGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC11 posts

Long delay. Finally arrived after 18 business days

Finally received my order after long delay (18 business days).

Online order submitted on (18/9). No progress until I sent them reminder email on (23/9) asking progress and if possible to just cancel my order ( I also sent them URL of this webpage to show them the bad reviews of Toy R Us).

I received email reply from them (27/9) = my order had just been shipped (Australia Post tracking number provided) . Then after another long delay from Australia Post - it finally arrived at my door today (13/10)

Will I order again ? Not sure, definitely not for now. Probably after the retail open again in Melbourne Victoria & lesser people buy online.

Mem I.
Mem I.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  Online store

Worst experience ever !!!

It took them 12 days to post the that I bought, come onnn !!!!! 12 days to post an item I’m surprised how they still in business!!! I don’t know how long should I wait to get it, if I new I would have ordered it from China it would come faster then your lazy service ! I will not buy of you anything get again !!!

GeoGeo
GeoGeoSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts

WOW.....disgusting company and morals

Wow....what appalling service, appalling support....ordered a couple of Pokemon Evolving Skies ($150) boxes online back in Jul 2021, ETA late Sep. Here we are early Oct, no tracking number, no product update.....you call the support number 03 9005 1750 and no answer, ever, just rings out...I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs, no product, no recourse, no support....I've just been taken for a ride! Look at the other comments - there is a trend and its not good...have they gone out of business?....no doubt they've taken the money and ran....off to the small claims court (ho hum) to try to salvage a refund.....disgusting company
Senaka
Senaka4 posts
susan F.
susan F.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  Verified Online store

ToysRBusted or ToysRBankrupt - Sorry NOT sorry!

DO NOT BUY FROM TOYS R US

I should of read the reviews before buying.

Just like everyone else on here, I ordered last Thursday and received no response to my emails, their phone is off the hook and I’m betting I won’t receive anything.

Go to Kmart and Big W, they’re more of a trustworthy company for the KIDS.

I’ve warned everyone via social media and to read all the reviews. Funny how they’ve restricted comments on their YouTube video. I’ve also complained on their social media pages including channel 9 and current affair (just like everyone else did on here)

What a disappointment especially to the kids and families who purchased a lot and won’t see their toys at all.

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!

Alex
Alex
  Online store

Borderline scam of a site

Purchased toys online. One month later they have not been shipped. Staff are rude and unwilling to help even if you manage to get hold of anyone within the company. They will not refund as they are been “processed but not shipped”.
Its no surprised they went bankrupt previously.
Will never use again.
John
JohnHunter Region, NSW4 posts
Lani
LaniSydney, NSW

Disappointed!!!

I ordered a baby shnuggle bath two weeks ago and I’m still waiting! Have not had any updates at all and I paid extra for insurance I’ve tried to contact you but no reply! WONT BE BUYING FROM YOU AGAIN! VERY DISSAPOINTING!!!
Jess S
Jess SHunter Region, NSW
  Online store

Oh man I wish I’d read the reviews first!

Seems to be a similar experience as all the other reviews. There’s no way to get a response or contact the phone number is not connected I remember a time in the 90s where Toys “R” Us was the best place to go for toys. Clearly this is not the case any more. Will not be buying from here again hopefully I can get a refund
Crystal
CrystalSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts
  Online store

Ridiculous delivery very poor response and no contact number

I had been told on time of purchase that my package is expected to be delivered on the 15/09 I have not had an apology from the company it is now the 23rd I have not received my package note an apology it is still waiting to be shipped absolutely ridiculous I paid for faster shipping also I purchased my product on the 8/9 another stupid thing after purchase they said that they will refund a small amount of money in to my bank to write back with the total once I received it it took a week to show in my bank and that they would not send the product until this is done company is appalling
Esther Mccall
Esther Mccall
  Verified Online store

Do not buy from this company

I am waiting for a refund that will take 5+ business days after being repeatedly unable to contact them at all via phone. When I followed up via email they said they were unable to refund! Could I organise a chargeback with my bank?!!!!! Shocking. It’s a standard Visa card. Do not do business with these people, you will not get your money back. I will report to Consumer Affairs.
green reaper
green reaper56 posts

dedrexel
dedrexel2 posts
natasha
natasha2 posts

Terrible dont buy

After 2 weeks still not posted they dont respond to emails have just done a PayPal dispute will not buy from them again and woule not recommended
Erin
ErinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC11 posts
Tony
TonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Shocking service & worse product

My son's tricycle arrived one month late & faulty. Paypal refused my claim & Toys r Us do not have a phone number to reach them! Avoid this company. Next time I will only buy from a brick and mortar shop, no online purchases anymore!
Marcus C.
Marcus C.2 posts

Terrible service

I purchased an item, and after 14 days they emailed saying that they have 'stock issues' and would be refunding my order. TWO WEEKS! I was ordering something for my baby that was developmentally appropriate and now we have missed out on two weeks of that, and have to wait for another retailer's delivery time. Terrible, terrible service.
David C.
David C.Queensland11 posts

Pathetic Contact Us info

I had a question on stock to buy and I tried to call my nearest store and the number given was Not Connected, I then tried 2 others and they too were not connected, so I tried their Head office in VIC and guess what? Not Fkkkkkkkkn connected. What a doggy shonky business. I will never shop now at toysrus, as they obviously Don’t Care about customer service.
steven h.
steven h.

Frustrated!!!!

If I could NOT give them any stars I would Just like everyone else ON HERE that give 1 ⭐ review!! same situation after 1 week from purchase day no information on orders, no response to emails, phone numbers that don't work!! until I got PayPal involved then they decide to Automatically cancel my order!!! because PayPal got involved to help me get some information from this company....HOW FRUSTRATING.... Thank you PayPal... And toys r us remember it's customers that keep yous in business take some advice from all the reviews on here.
Kmbrly84
Kmbrly84Sydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts
Unhappy
Unhappy South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

What a joke!

Don’t order online in Australia! 5 days after order was processed (and my money taken) did I get a reply. No shipping details. No contact phone number that works in Australia. Now I have to wait 5 days for a refund! If you are no longer a working reputable business take off the net. You make online shopping an absolute joke!
Morgan L.
Morgan L.Hunter Region, NSW

Danka
Danka

Unprofessional!

I've been waiting for my order for 5 weeks, I haven't received any update. This is my first and last order from them! Very unprofessional!
Camilla
CamillaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC7 posts

Worst service ever!!!!

Toys R Us are the most unprofessional disgraceful retailer. I bought my son a Meccano set and I got nothing for 8 days until I disputed with Paypal. Then I got an update on shipping. Their phone number doesn't connect and they don't respond to emails. It shouldn't take 8 days to post out. Would never buy from Toys R US again
Alex B.
Alex B.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Worst Online Experience Possible

Placed an order more than four weeks ago and it still hasn't been dispatched! Received no notification prior to purchase of any delays. Since ordering there's been no updates about delays and no one can provide any ETA on when it will be dispatched or delivered. Horrible customer experience, would rather pay more somewhere else for actual service.
Jacki D.
Jacki D.

Uncontactable

Ordered a $200 gift for my son's birthday. Received an email that order is being processed, but have had nothing else since then. Can't contact them on phone. No response to emails sent. Very worried they have just taken my money and I won't be able to get my order.