2,979 reviews

2,979 reviews
Jacki D.
Jacki D.

Uncontactable

Ordered a $200 gift for my son's birthday. Received an email that order is being processed, but have had nothing else since then. Can't contact them on phone. No response to emails sent. Very worried they have just taken my money and I won't be able to get my order.
Unhappy customer
Unhappy customer

No goods received. No refund

Ordered product and paid for express shipping. Received no product and no update and after 2 weeks cancelled my order. Was told that I would get a refund “within 5 days” - that was 3 weeks ago. Now going through painful process of recovering money (this is pretty much a scam company).
John
John
Darren
DarrenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts
  Online store

STAY AWAY and spend your money elsewhere!

1 star is too much of a praise for them. Purchased a few items and have been waiting for over 3 weeks now and still not shipped (paid shipping for them too). Tried calling but the number was inactive. Emailed and they replied with a "bot" / "copy and paste" answer. Beyond horrendous customer service for such a "big" company. I'm spending my money at Mr Toys from now on. Please heed my advise to all reading, STAY AWAY from toysrus aus. Probably my worst online shopping experience ever.
Tara
Tara

Terrible service

I ordered two battery operated traffic light systems for a kids clinic. When the products arrived, one would not work. The battery covers would not hold the batteries in and when I reached out, the customer service team told me that I had put the batteries in wrong? Even though I managed to do it with the other one correctly. I sent the toy back and they still tried to tell me nothing was wrong with it and I must have been doing it wrong. I have not received the toy back and received no refund. Now the other unit has also broken. I am highly dissatisfied and will not be shopping with Toys R Us again
Jeff
JeffSydney, NSW
  Verified Online store

Pathetic store abs customer service

Purchase the items weeks ago, no updates where given. Delivery day given was missed by weeks and still waiting.

They don’t reply to messages.

This is beyond a joke.

jameshsyd
jameshsyd Sydney, NSW2 posts

Poor customer experience

Same issue as many others. Ordered a $300 adult lego kit to help keep busy during lockdown. No alert before purchase that there were shipping issues. No emails with proactive updates, it was all one way from me to them. Missed their promised shipping date, when I followed them up they then said they can’t confirm exactly when it would ship. After two weeks of waiting I instantly cancelled the order and will get a refund in five days, though given my experience so far I am not optimistic.
I really should’ve checked here first before buying, wouldn’t be surprised if they go under taking everyone’s money with them.
Mrs Rosie
Mrs Rosie Tasmania2 posts

No stars if I could

Ordered many items on 22/7 which all wet in stock and processed through. Now weeks later being told whole order not in stock ! Blaming move to new warehouse. All Christmas gifts will now have to be the ordered but not from Toys t Us. Absolutely disgusted. Shameful way to do business
Manny
MannySydney, NSW20 posts

Stay away

There’s no wonder they had to close down their retail stores and now even their online shopping is horrendous. I purchased two toys 3 weeks ago for my son’s birthday and it still hasn’t been shipped. Customer service is absolutely useless and blame it on moving warehouses. Utterly disappointed and it’s a pity toys r us Australia has become so unreliable.
Kirsten B.
Kirsten B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA11 posts
  Online store

Item had to be refunded. No stock

Ordered toys for a birthday from toys r us. Found out they were not sending items for 2 weeks. They were very quick to refund when I requested.
gvidler
gvidlerSydney, NSW4 posts
Ren
Ren3 posts

Faulty goods

I purchased a coding toy which arrived faulty and Toys r Us state that they arent responsible, and that i have to reach out to THEIR SUPPLIER myself. Terrible customer service. Will never buy from them again. Ill buy from their supplier Funtastic directly.
Anthony
AnthonyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC10 posts
Gopi
GopiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
  Online store

Pathetic delivery and customer service

I ordered a product which was showing expected delivery from 2-4 days. I got order confirmation email with no tracking number. I called to check the dispatch date but I was not given any date. I wrote couple of emails to trace the order but I got a response saying sorry for not dispatching your order yet and still no date provided. Tried calling to support number but no one pick the call. Very pathetic service. Very disappointed.
Adam M.
Adam M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts
swinny48
swinny48Hunter Region, NSW8 posts

Advertising Goods That are not in stock

I purchased a toy for my 4 year old grandson.Ten days later(7 working days)they tell me they do not have goods in stock.I think that is illegal.Now they tell me I have to wait for their accounts department to refund me my money.Beware dealing with this company! No wonder they went belly up a few years ago.

Blank
BlankIllawarra, NSW3 posts
Matildatue
MatildatueGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts
  Online store

The online experience was good

Purchased a few toys for my daughter from their online store. It was easy to buy and their website is easy to browse. My package arrived very late though which would’ve arrived sooner if it was packed more promptly.
Morgan P.
Morgan P.
  Online store

Don’t waste your money with express shipping

I purchased a board game and paid $15.95 for express shipping as I hoped it would arrive for my daughter’s birthday. Website states delivery within 1-4 days with this option. One week later and it’s only just left the warehouse. When I contacted them expressing my disappointment they didn’t even apologise for the delay in delivery, just claimed I had my facts wrong. Will not purchase from them again.
Dan B
Dan B
  Online store

Slow delivery and poor customer service

I bought some lego sets online. Estimated delivery time 4-6 days (to Sydney, Australia).
After 1 week it hadn’t left the warehouse. Overall took 9 business days to arrive. Very difficult to contact the store (they don’t answer phones and the email responses seem generic). The product itself I cannot fault, but be aware if you are ordering from ToysRUs it will take longer to arrive than advertised.
Karl T.
Karl T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Disgusting service

I ordered an in stock item and paid priority delivery for product.
Priority delivery was estimated at 1-3 business days.
One week later and item still had not left warehouse.
Couldn’t get through on phone so emailed them numerous times throughout the week and finally after waiting a week for dispatch alone I requested cancellation of the order only to be sent an email confirming my tracking number and that it had now Miraculously been dispatched.
24 hours later and still have no tracking information let alone eta for delivery.
Absolutely no care for customer satisfaction.
Stay away use toy mate instead. Fast efficient reliable and they price match. Aaaargh.
Alison
Alison4 posts

Very disappointed

Wish I had read these review before I purchased. I ordered a very expensive lego set with the plan to keep it in pristine condition brand new in box. It arrived with the box knocked about and they refuse to resend and offer me a 5% discount. Seriously what a joke. I will say that they were responsive when I made a complaint. They just refuse to really provide customer service
sidesw1pe
sidesw1peAU7 posts
Michelle
MichelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible Service!

Toys R Us do not respond to you, they don't answer their phones and orders don't come. I paid for express shipping and I still after nearly 2 weeks have not received my order. I am absolutely ropeable with their service. You really need to help your customers more and answer queries and calls.
Kellyeanne A.South East Queensland, QLD12 posts

Shocking service!

After more than 2 weeks, no numbers that allow verbal contact and one generic email after many emails sent, my package has not even been sent, I understand delivery may take time but no confirming response and no tracking available is just appalling! NEVER AGAIN!!!! (this was a present for best friend's newborn, baby now born and no delivery, feeling very let down)
Kellyeanne A.

I contacted Toys R Us CEO via email, quick to respond, courteous and assured me he would look into the online service and poor customer service. Hopefully prompt action is taken to rectify the issues at hand.

Jingwen T.
Jingwen T.

Jax S.
Jax S.Victoria

No service

Great range, great prices, non existent service impossible to navigate their payment security.
Product isn’t delivered after numerous emails.
Slow to reply. 2 weeks from purchase date, nothing happening and a refund will come next week. Not my Choice for the refund, I want the products.
Karen
Karen
  Online store

Terrible company no customer service

I paid for express delivery for my daughters birthday present it didn’t arrive for 2 weeks and I emailed twice with no reply asking where it was. Would not recommend and will never purchase from here again.
tony w.
tony w.2 posts

bad customer service

very bad customer service, they change the order before contact you. also make difficult to return.
long story short, I order toys from them, they change the order later without any notice.
Sally
SallyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts
  Toys R Us / Babies R Us

Illegally referred to manufacturer, against consumer law in Australia

Toy didn’t work out of box.
Repeatedly referred me to manufacturer regarding fault with toy. This is illegal under consumer law in Australia.
Emails gave me the run around.
Got sick of it and escalated to Paypal.
Have now read other reviews that sound similar.
Wouldn’t use or recommend this company.
kilatsenja
kilatsenjaSouth East Queensland, QLD
Tony
TonyMelbourne3 posts
Stacey H.
Stacey H.Perth, WA2 posts

Shut them down

Ordered a product that was in stock and requested & paid more for express post. Had the money taken, rec’d an ‘order processed’ email but nothing since. No one answers the phone or responds to emails. Absolutely disgusting and considering their main customers are technically kids they are leaving a trail of disappointment behind when no presents are delivered on time or at all. Wish I’d read these reviews before ordering through them!
Tegan T.
Tegan T.Central Queensland, QLD

Disgusting customer service

Beware of shopping with toys r us online. The customer service is absolutely disgusting. I dealt with Tom who provided false information and lied about receiving emails. I cancelled orders, following Toms advice , the orders were then sent to me and now toys r us won’t cover return post costs. The worst customer service I’ve ver received. Shame on you toys r us!!
Jessica
Jessica2 posts
Nicole
NicoleQueensland11 posts

In time for Christmas

I bought a laser tag game online just 4 days before Christmas. Toy was sent fast and arrived just before Christmas. Happy with the Toys R Us and Star Track. Thank you.

umesh s.
umesh s.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Waist of time & money

Purchase history shows iys already been shipped. Contacted the seller after 1 week pasy in eta, and got informed that they dont have stock
Liz Wilks
Liz Wilks2 posts

SO DISAPPOINTING

I am a grandmother who placed an order early on 1 December fully expecting that the goods ordered would be under the tree for my grand daughter at Christmas. Toys R Us deducted the monies from my credit card but other than to say the order has been processed I have received nothing about it being sent. This is very disappointing. At the time of placing the order the goods were in stock. I expected far better from what I previously thought of as a reputable firm. I will never do business with them again!
Kellie A.
Kellie A.
  Online store

Shouldn’t be allowed to “trade” at all

Ordered 2 gifts on 8 December both showing as “in stock - ships in 2-4 business days”. Order status changed to processed within 1 day then nothing happened. Received 1 response to a contact form then nothing since. Now lodging a PayPal dispute to try and get my money back. Heartbreaking for my 4yo who wanted 1 specific type of doll pram we could only find there.
They need to be shut down.
Good try
Good try
  Online store

I wish i had come on here sooner

I purchased a trampoline intended for my nephew for Christmas. Weeks later it still hasn’t arrived. The company is not contactable, the phone rings unanswered and after about 45 mins goes to an answering machine, and no return call ever happens. Emails are unanswered, contact forms are unanswered, complaints lodged are unanswered, paypal is currently making attempts to contact them with so far no response. It is 5 days before Christmas, the present is not delivered, and the company quite possibly doesn’t exist. Don’t purchase anything, you quite possibly won’t get it, but they will process your payment in less than a day.