6TP-Link AC1200 Archer VR400

TP-Link AC1200 Archer VR400 Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Sophia P.
Sophia P. · AC1200 Archer VR400

Would this modem router work with a RJ-11 6P4C DSL cable? It comes with a RJ-11 6P2C cable.

Juzzy
Juzzy

Yes, because DSL only uses a single pair, contacts 1, 2, 5 & 6 are unused.
A 6P2C, 6P4C and even a 6P6C will work fine as it is the same physical sized connector.

TP-Link
TP-Link   DM

Thank you Juzzy for providing the correct answer, you beat us to it! Appreciate your assistance.

Jeff M.
Jeff M. · AC1200 Archer VR400

Can you plug you phone in this modem
I had a Optus supplied modem and I could do this on the nbn

Johnno
Johnno

Hi Jeff, I don't think you can, just checked my AC1200 and it only has a DSL socket that is connected to my phone wall socket, I'm still on ADSL 2+ until Jan 2020, than will be connecting to NBN FTTC, I have a Line Filter at present that has one socket to the modem and one socket to the phone, I'm guessing you are on NBN? there are NBN modems that do have a phone socket, my 14 or so year old Billion Modem died, but it out performed the AC1200 by around 5Mbts when using a VPN? the Wi-Fi performance for the AC1200 is pretty good, I prefer to use Power over Line Adapters myself for the TV etc, no Wi-Fi dramas and the download speed is more or less the same as a direct Ethernet connection,
couple of links https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Where-to-plug-in-your-telephone-handset-with-NBN/ba-p/876 https://www.nbnco.com.au/learn/network-technology/fibre-to-the-curb-explained-fttc https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Where-to-plug-in-your-telephone-handset-with-NBN/ba-p/876 https://www.ijk.com.au/branch/ijk/index.php?cPath=28_530&osCsid=adubmpn7rdtbo3gicnuk3ai0s6. Johnno

jnu123

i have VR400 Version 1, there is no port to link your phone, but you can use this on FTTN, FTTC, HFC, FTTP NBN internet connection, it is a pretty good and reliable router too, 3 years warranty is very good.

Kael · AC1200 Archer VR400

Does this modem router have a limit for connected wireless devices? I've noticed somewhat frequent internet drops when powering on certain devices (printer).

jnu123

There is a limit, but is over 100 devices, try 2.4g instead of 5g to connect printer, I use cable to connect my printer to this to link. Internet drop may be the reason of your internet provider , are you using nbn fttn or hfc technology?

Kael

Oh great, thanks. I have nbn fttn and I have it connected using 2.4g already. It happens when we send a print job on a laptop connected to the same network, but only occasionally (frequently enough to be frustrating).

Roger F. · AC1200 Archer VR400

How do I connect my phone? On my old router there are two phone ports (Tel 1 / Tel 2)

jnu123

there is no port to connect your phone on this router. you may try to connect your old router via LAN cable to VR400, then connect your phone to your old router phone ports either tel1 or 2.

Roger F.

Thanks for the answer. (Much appreciated). What you're saying is that I use my old router to receive the internet with the phone connected to Tel 1 and the VR400 purely as a router to distribute an amplified signal. An ethernet cable would join the two but would they have to be set up with identical SSID's etc.

Zakka M.
Zakka M. · AC1200 Archer VR400

Does the TP link AC1200 VR400 have full cone NAT option or one-to-one NAT.

Newbie 2015
Newbie 2015 · AC1200 Archer VR400

Does the usb support an ext h-drive to use as a file transfer hub for general back ups and file transferring files to other devices ? If so, what is the max speed ?

Many thanks

Get an answer from our members and TP-Link representatives

Select a listing for your question
TP-Link AC1200 Archer VR400

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

TP-Link AC1200 Archer VR400 is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024. Learn more