6TP-Link AC1200 Archer VR400

88% · 575 · 8%

Candice
CandiceSydney, NSW

Thanks!

Very very helpful! Helped me solve this wifi disconnection issue.
Cathy
CathyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing Customer Care 100%

Totally a Tech noob....This modem seems flawless but i did need tech support to set it up. Tyrone Yu got me connected with little fuss. His patience with me was astounding as he talked me through the connection process finding info my provider failed to give to me when setting up new modem. Highly recommend Show details
Reliability
Wi-Fi Range
RR Vilayil
RR Vilayil

Perfect Help!!!

Dori was really a good help with my concern over the modem issue. She helped me with the technical support to fix the issue and resolved it effectively.
Doug T
Doug TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Tech service

Had trouble at first setting router up but after being guided by the happiest friendly technician I have ever had the pleasure to assist me we got it working perfectly. Enjoyed the lengthy call as she guided though the process and her patients with me was just amazing. If the product is as good as there tech staff I will be happy. Thank you again Show details
Jordan
Jordan2 posts
  V2

Couldn’t connect router to internet

Had trouble shooting issues, went to the tpg link chat for assistants. After a very short wait. The issues was resolved after professional and informative help by the chat assistant.

Would recommend Show details

BAUHAUSPEN
BAUHAUSPEN
  V3

CHEAPEST MODEM-ROUTER? CHECK. ACTUALLY-WORKS? well

You gotta flip the operation-mode-setting under 'advanced' to 'Wireless Router' for it to work with your NBN-MODEM if this is your BYO-Router of choice.
NICE LADY SPOKE TO ME OVER THE PHONE! Very helpful and patient.

(No comment on Wifi-strength, I am hard-wiring everything.)
(They will ask you to reset your router, I guess it's too expensive to deal with all that minutae of fixing possible old customer mistakes, vs new-slate.)

I wish the manual came with some obvious card stating this, however.
I didn't have to download/side-load & install any new firmware, thankfully.

TP-LINK, PLEASE MAKE A NO-WIFI MODEL WITH MORE ETHERNET-PORTS. EVEN THE UGLY EXPENSIVE SCARY SPIDER (wifi-6) HAS ONLY 4 PORTS, SO IRRITIATING. Show details

Yandilla
YandillaNorth Western Region, NSW

Works great

Awesome knowledge, Fixed the issue first attempt,Help line was Awesome Show details
David T.
David T.
  AC1200 Archer VR400

Excellent customer service and technical support

Very satisfied with the technical support received. Was on live chat and the agent was very patient, walking me through the steps required to establish internet connection as I had some technical DSL issues. Modem router works really well, speed is great, performance I can't fault. Initial set up was quite easy but if you need technical support you'll be well supported.
eingley
eingleySouth East Queensland, QLD48 posts
  Verified V2

Short life

This is the second TP Link modem I have owned, and could never fault either in terms of ease of set up, speed and connectivity. The one issue I do have is that on both occasions they have barely made it past the end of their 3 year warranty. On both occasions, the wifi died. This compares to another branded modem which is still going strong after 7 years. I guess for the price, which was somewhere around $150, they can be regarded as a consumable with new technology superseding them in a short time. Even so, it's still annoying having this disruption so frequently. I have replaced with another brand this time - hoping for the new one to have a longer life. Show details
Reliability
Wi-Fi Range
MAdMax22
MAdMax22Sydney, NSW
  V2

Router works ok, but TP-Link customer service excellent

Purchased router 8 months ago happy with connectivity and performance. Had issues that were eventually tracked back to NBN modem after backwards and forwards to ISP. TP-Link customer service staff were excellent in patiently guiding me through analysing possible faults. Have to say it was a pleasure dealing with Helen at TP-Link who was friendly, helpful and professional. As someone who has experienced difficulties dealing with customer support services in areas outside of Australia other companies could learn a lot from TP-Link. Show details
Cheryl
CherylCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC8 posts

Terrible customer service

I have had this modem for several years - has worked well. Recently it stopped working and I spent hours and hours trying to contact them for support. Tried 4 times on the live chat (kept getting cut off), tried phoning (but it rang out and disconnected). Would not recommend their customer service at all. Show details
Chinknees Shieat
Chinknees ShieatMid North Coast, NSW4 posts
  AC1200 Archer VR400

i work in ict and this is the worst router ive ever had

wifi died after about a year and ethernet not long after
FK this router and dlink is also GARBAGE
support is non existent phones for au dont work website and router ui and apps also garbage Show details
Interspecies Reviewer
Interspecies ReviewerNSW, 24307 posts
Juzzy
JuzzySouth East Queensland, QLD16 posts
  V2

The biggest piece of rubbish i've owned

This modem is terrible, drops connection every few days, LAN plugs are not reliable and devices say that no cable is connected all the time.
Wireless has terrible connectivity, streaming video from a computer chrome tab to a chromecast that has an ethernet connection and it stutters and can't cope.
Mohammad
MohammadSydney, NSW21 posts
  AC1200 Archer VR400

Good coverage for single story building

I have received this with my TPG NBN connection. This is installed in my garage but the reception is very good. 20 miter distance and the speed is still good. USB printer driver does not work though. Show details
Delz
DelzMetropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts
  Verified AC1200 Archer VR400

Good modem, does the job

This modem is great and connects to my NBN. So far I have not had any issues with connectivity and not had any dropouts. The only thing which is a little bit confusing is setting up the modem. They could probably include some easier instructions for people who are not very tech savvy. I managed how to set this up after also looking online. Show details
Modems

Find out how TP-Link AC1200 Archer VR400 compares to other Modems

Ozzyrod
OzzyrodSouthwest, VIC6 posts
  AC1200 Archer VR400

Great value for mid range dollars

Bought on Saturday and had it connected within the hour using easy to read and follow instructions. Purchased at Office Works for $168 (Nov 2019). All devices connected at 5 KHz and have had no buffering or lag issues Show details
Chatham L.
Chatham L.2 posts

okay for 2 storey townhouse

I Live in a 2 storey double brick townhouse. I can only receive 5g service when I was downstairs in the living room where the router is located. on a 50nbn plan.
upstairs on normal wifi i get about 12mb-20mb. sometimes even 5mb
downstairs i get about minimum 40mb
Dropout sometimes I get it once a week.
For NFC NBN users it is not plug and play. You have to read to manual to set it up. Show details
jnu123
jnu12349 posts
  AC1200 Archer VR400

Good range and reliable modem

For sub $100, this is a great modem with 3 years warranty, range is good and very reliable. 2.4G range is good but 5G range is acceptable. Some drop outs on 5G connection, but 2.4G performance is perfect.

This modem should be read TP-Link AC1200 VR400 NOT VR4000. Show details

Johnno
JohnnoSydney5 posts

Slow VPN Speed

I won't bang on for hours, I use a VPN when watching UK TV etc, after contacting TP-LInk support I was told the VR400 is limited to 8-9 MB when using a VPN, I'm losing around 4.4MB compared to my 12 year old Billion on ADSL2+ other than that, the modem is good for the price, TP-Link Support is good, just wanted to warn about slow VPN speeds.

Gavin
GavinVIC, 39777 posts

Great Long Range Modem

An excellent modem with a very long range which easily covers the entire house and allows a lot of devices to connect (multiple laptops, mobile phones, tablets at the same time) without any noticeable drop in speed. It was straight-forward to setup and I never had any issue with it.

angry customer
angry customerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC8 posts

Good router

It has decent range, communicates well with the network. Haven't had any real dropouts. Signal goes through the walls pretty well. Several hardline outlets. Easy to understand functions and outlets. I download a fair bit for work and the unit has been constantly in use for about 9 months without issue.

Matt
MattProspect6 posts

Very reliable

Purchased this modem when I signed up for the NBN with TPG. It's been very reliable. I've never had to do a reset. It was very easy to set up. The reception seems pretty good as I can still get a good signal from the back yard. Would definitely recommend.

John439
John439Sydney52 posts

Good wifi range

Bought this modem for our NBN service.. Has good WiFi range, interfered with our radios so had to turn off 2.4 mhz WiFi and you can't connect a VOIP phone to it. Also a bit ugly with antennas sticking up everywhere.

Overall not bad and I should have realised these shortcomings when I purchased.

jetmyx
jetmyxCity of the Blue Mountains17 posts

Nicely priced Modem Router - effective

I was able to buy this router after a storm killed my previous 1. It has a 3year Warranty and is

VDSL/ADSL/Fiber/Cable Compatible, has AC1200 Dual Band Wi-Fi and Beamforming for Targeted Wi-Fi.

Cost $129