TP-Link AC1750 Archer D7

TP-Link AC1750 Archer D7

Pros

• Strong connection

• Great coverage

• Easy to use and set up

• Number of Connected Devices 4.5 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range
Phillip and Maryanne

Phillip and MaryanneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not buy this if you want NBN connection

This is perfectly fine for ADSL, setup easy, and worked very well, only had to reboot every couple of weeks. However, we purchased this specifically for when we had NBN available, did research at the time of purchase 2 years ago, it says so in it's specs, big sticker on the front stating it's NBN compatible, however it's not for all types of NBN, and it in no way states this. We have had to purchase another router. Not happy as it wasn't cheap.

Purchased in March 2018 for $140.00.

Number of Connected Devices4 devices
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Reliability
Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

good value router with very good options for its price

bought this recently to replace a standard telecom router and I have to say its a great product never bought a TP-Link brand before but its got great options and easy access

Iv had no issues with the router connecting to my isp and the uptime has been great compared to my old router/modem which had lots of drop outs

Purchased in September 2019 at eBay.

Alex

AlexGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Almost perfect for normal family use

It will work for weeks without restart, unlike Optus router need few restart everyday. I have more than. 20 devices, still no issue. Lack some expert option, but still one of the best for family.

Purchased in September 2014 at Harvey Norman for $100.00.

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Centre of my homes network!

Have used TP-Link gear for a while now and the AC1750 Archer is another great product. Strong and fast wireless. Robust and reliable, serves up all manner of network across my house without missing a beat. Wireless and wired. Plenty of security features. Super easy to use. Extremely happy with its performance.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Sladek

SladekBrisbane

Excellent value for money.

Routers are fast and have many features for small business networks that are easy to set up. It also includes state-of-the-art firmware, with two separate networks set up for internal and external users, along with an HDD for sharing content. A good value for money router. Powerful. Excellent value for money.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Elizabeth

ElizabethNERINGLA

The best

This router is amaze!
I was previously using the router given to me by my ISP and it was the worst - it would drop out constantly and kick people off once you had more than 3 or 4 devices connected. The TP-LINK Archer D7 totally fixes this issue and I haven't experienced any dropouts since I started using it about 2 months ago.
The dual band functionality is great, most devices automatically know which one to connect to so we have our computers on the 5GHz one and everything else on the other. Plus, the initial setup of the router was super easy, the hardest part was figuring out our ISP login details and once we had that it only took about 5 minutes.
I've been recommending this router to everyone who'll listen, I love it!

Date PurchasedJune 2018
PiperSp

PiperSpCortlinye

Works great

This router was recommended by a computer repair store we use and it's working great. Along with a new modem, and we are experiencing much faster internet and wireless delivery. Our old combo modem/router provided by our cable provider was terrible, very slow.With this new router, we are now able to stream to our t.v. and are looking at our options to cancel our cable. Highly recommend this router.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Flynn

FlynnSmiths Creek

BEST

This has to be hands down the BEST router I have purchased. It was easy for me to set up and program. It reaches the whole house, and has no issues with multiple devices running.
I have it set up in my office which is on the west side of my house and it has no issues working through out my home.
We have x-box live, Wii U, 2 cell phones, Roku, and laptop using it RIGHT NOW as we speak in different rooms, and No issues at all.
I needed a good wireless router that would not hiccup/lag or freeze when we are all using it.
So far so good.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Nikky

NikkyMelbourne

Firewall issue. Other than that - a very capable modem router that does what it says it will.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Nathan

Nathan

Great easy modemto get up and running

This is great modem for the modern family. Great to setup with an easy to use web setup. Coverage is great throughout a 2 story house. Was able to setup a lockout time when the modem would not work . Great to get the kids off devices around dinner time. There has been firmware updates to do since purchased. Has been working better since them.
Overall a great unit and would consider in purchasing more in the future.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
ricard

ricardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Negative review edited to positive following terrific service from TP-Link Support

Date PurchasedMar 2018
EC.

EC.Mitcham

A good all rounder but 2.4ghz lacks performance

I've had my unit for a few years and certainly it's managed many things from ADSL2+ through to WAN mode NBN. I would say that LAN speeds are great and similar for 5ghz wifi but the 2.4ghz wifi suffers from interference and slow speeds while the range for the wifi isn't particularly great. Overall I'd you get this on special, it's a decent modem but I would invest in a more powerful MIMO device.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
McCool

McCoolSydney

Excellent device

This device gives me WiFi all through the house and I can watch Netflix in any room.
Easy setup with clear instructions. I bought it as part of my IPSTAR plan sure I could buy it cheaper but Ipstar offer me full support on the device and the NBN connection. I can also monitor what the kids have access to and block anything I don't want them to look at.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
invpzg

invpzgSydney, NSW

Good value for multiple devices

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Max C

Max CPerth

Solid home router

I've had this router for close to a year now and it has held up solid for my ADSL2+ line. We always have around 4 different wireless devices connected to this network and I've not experienced any dropouts in my home. Range is good and 5GHz band is excellent for compatible devices.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

G Dash

G DashVIC

Very good router and modem combo for adsl2+

I have used this router for my TPG's adsl2 service and it provides reliable network performance. I have AC wifi devices in the bedrooms (single storey home, but long block) that are located far away from this router and connection has been stable. Also, in hot weather, this device doesn't get too overly hot, so there is not downgrade in performance (it can get hot in Vic).

I recommend this device for people who have their router located far away from their devices and live in warmer/hotter areas.

Note: I don't like the piano back paint on this unit, attracts dust and scratches easily.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Grant Stock

Grant StockBrisbane

Works a treat

Currently using this modem / router for ADSL 2+ internet connection. It has been very reliable, provides a solid wifi connections throughout the house both with 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz connections. Have been semi - regularly updating firmware since release, approx 3 years ago. Is a reliable piece of hardware

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Cara

CaraWatson

Good reliable modem

Bought this when my expensive Billion all-in-one needed replacing after only a couple of years, and it has been running for 3 and a half years without missing a beat. Easy to set up and I don't think I have needed to reset it more than about half a dozen times. Great unit, exactly what I was looking for.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Andy

AndyMelbourne, VIC

Great features, range questionable.

Bought one a while ago and it still works exactly as first bought. Notable features include its ability to easily monitor who is on your network through the 192 168 1 1 user interface. The only thing I am uncertain about in recommending this its range. My house has a couple of black spots that my previous router was able to reach, but this one is inconsistent.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
xln747

xln747Perth

Good Modem

This modem worked well for us before we moved to NBN in late 2017. Its only limitation was the lack of VPN server. The wifi was very good in our house even though we have a lot of steel. Line sync rate was much better than the Telstra supplied router.

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Lyn T.

Lyn T.asked

is this VDSL2 compatible?

JustMe

JustMeasked

Can this M/R also connect to desktop PC by cable (I im trying to avoid Wi-Fi through the house by either using a cable from the modem router to the desktop PC, or being able to password protect the Wi-Fi and only having the Wi-Fi available for Apple TV when needed).

Can you also please tell me the time it takes from switching the unit on to NBN/Internet being available. The one that Ive been provided by iiNet takes up to 15 minutes and sometimes much longer. This is a long time to wait when sometimes you just want to jump on and do something immediately or if you wanting to watch a movie on Apple TV and have to wait 15 minutes minimum, longer quite often and sometimes having to turn it off and on again so I may as well go back to VHS :-)

I am not needing a modem router for use on many devices within the house. Just the PC with the modem router connected and the Apple TV which is in another room about 16 m from the Apple TV device to the modem router by the PC.

At the same time wanting to have good speed but not for gaming or multiple devices at the same time. Thank you in advance I appreciate any help you can give me with accurate information.

Dave

yes, it had 4 cabled ports. less then 30 seconds from power up to serving up internets.

Rick A

Rick Aasked

Hello,
Is this modem/router VPN capable?
Rick

Yup, sure is.

See all TP-Link AC1750 Archer D7 questions

Get an answer from our members and TP-Link representatives

Features:

• The TP-Link AC1750 Archer D7 is a dual band modem router, giving it the flexibility of two dedicated networks.
  • It has a transfer rate of up to 1750Mbps of up to 1750Mbps with 1300Mbps over 5GHz and 450Mbps over 2.4GHz.
  • With this modem router, you can share files with networked devices remotely, or share a printer locally.
  • It supports 802.11ac standard - making it compatible with next generation Wi-Fi and future-proofing your connection.
  • High power amplifiers increased the range and performance of your connection.
  • Two multi-functional USB 2.0 ports let you connect different peripherals like printers and external storage to your router, so multiple devices can access them.
  • A parental control feature lets parents restrict access to certain types of content for their kids, letting them safely explore the web.

Points of praise:

• According to most reviewers, the modem router had a strong and fast connection, and could support a large number of devices without a hitch.
  • Many reviewers said that it had a great uptime and worked for weeks (and even months in some instances) without users needing to restart it.
  • They also said that the set up process was straightforward, and the device is easy to use.
  • Great coverage was touted by reviewers as a point of praise for this modem router.
CategoryRouters and Modems
Frequency BandDual-Band (2.4GHz, 5.0GHz)
FeaturesBuilt-In Malware / Anti-Virus Protection, Parental Controls and Quality of Service
Maximum Wireless Speed1,300 Mbps