TP-Link AC1750 Archer D7

TP-Link AC1750 Archer D7 (page 2 of 7)

MPN: ARCHERD7

4.1

• Number of Connected Devices 5 devices (1)
  • Ease of Setup
  • Wi-Fi Range
  • Reliability
Brian

BrianMelbourne

Great modem/router

Been using this modem/router but apart from having dropouts it is good.
It seems to be dropping out and coming back on for a certain period.
When i was using the netgear d200 it didn't happen but this one has given me that kind of issue.
But overall great build and solid.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Vic

Vic

Great product, easy to use

- Only took me 5 minutes to set it up.
- The tether user interface is very friendly.
- good value for the money
- Looks cool in my opinion
- I use it with a TP-link wifi extender and the signal is strong in every corner of the double story house.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
virhlpool

virhlpoolSydney

Worked well for a year and then started dropping wi-fi

I used this modem and router for about a year after purchasing it and then it started dropping wi-fi every 3-4 hrs. Every time I had to restart it to get wi-fi back. Troubleshooting didn't help either. Luckily the product had 3-year warranty and the customer service was pretty good. The call support connected me to their office in Sydney and they replaced my faulty device with another model within 10 days.

Upon searching online, I realised that many users had faced the same problem. I am not sure if it's a product fault or just a few faulty pieces.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Peter

PeterBrisbane

Good Router, had some problems recently but seems to be resolved

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Tyler T

Tyler TOakleigh East

An alright router

Honestly the router is fine, I used it to replace a really bad one so any upgrade was great. But then i could never get it to work on an NBN connection. Afterwards i moved to non NBN and while alright my housemates router was just that little bit snappier.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Matty

MattyGordon

Fantastic and easy to use

I love TP Link, the interface is easy to use even for a newbie, The Wifi is great and reaches all the ends of our house. Having the AC connections makes working with iPhones and Mac's making the WiFi a breeze. I would recommend this product hands down and great price point compared to others.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Dunc

DuncAdelaide

Not as reliable as Id like

I purchased the D7 to hopefully improve the quality of the wifi in my house. Whilst it did seem to perform that function the side effect was that it was an unstable modem, which is not a trade off I was willing to live with. I contacted their support and was told that it was my SNR that was causing the drop outs for my internet service, but when I started using my old ADSL router the drop outs stopped.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Ben K

Ben KAU

Good value modem/router, for adsl long warranty

Good router with good wifi three external antennas, AC1750, The interface is fairly easy to use.
The warranty is 3 years and support is ok, once you get through the initial baby steps.
The modem runs quite hot, and DOES NOT support VDSL, only adsl. It can be put in bridged mode to operate as just a router.
needs some work on firmware. there have been some bugs that have completely crashed the router.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Paul W

Paul WMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great modem

Great modern no dropouts, very good signal that covers my whole House. Would recommended to everyone. I have multiple devices connected have 2 PCs 4 tablets and 4 mobiles connected all the time and have no issues. So glad I purchased this modem. Has 2.4 and 5g wireless for speedy connection also its nbn comparable.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Chris

ChrisCalliope

Worked well until it didn't

Grabbed this modem for a bargain price when I really didn't need one. The user interface compared to my older Netgear modem was far simpler and easier to use. Performance whilst better was only marginally notable. Best described as adequate as long as you're not a bandwidth heavy household. My main complaint would have been coverage. WiFi would lose reception sharply over distance and drop outs were common both on wireless and over Ethernet. This increased until recently when it decided to instead just error and refuse to work. The internet informed me that such errors were fatal. The years this modem served me it served well and if you can grab it cheaply then ask the better. Don't purchase however if you're desiring great WiFi coverage.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Sock

SockSydney

Fantastic router at a great price

This has been an excellent router for me. Gives great signal strength and handles multiple high bandwidth streaming fantastically. The router server is also excellent and has a clean menu - setting up ports for forwarding in games was incredibly easy and so much more intuitive than my old net gear router.

Not a fan of the glossy finish or the weird round shape with the plastic plate in the middle but as long as you dont mind looks this is a really solid router for the price

btw does not support openwrt or any custom router software as far as im aware

Date PurchasedJan 2018
MTA

MTA

Great coverage, good reliability and easy to setup

I have over 10 devices connected to this router including home monitoring XiaoMi devices. I need to reset it about once a month as it can become non-responsive. Otherwise, I'm happy as it gives great coverage inside my 2 storey house. It's very easy to setup despite having lots of powerful features. I have owned this for 3 years and still going strong. Hope it's compatible with NBN when it comes around.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Andrew

Andrew

Good value router

Makes for a nice price sweetspot in the Archer range. Easy to set up with a nice settings page and offers both 5Ghz and 2.5Ghz networks. The TP-Link Tether app is useful for managing data, creating guest networks and controlling different devices. One small con is that the modem router cannot stand vertically on its own.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
eDust

eDustSydney

Good simple modem/router

This device just works. It's cheap, it's simple, and it does everything it says on the box. It hasn't missed a beat since I installed it.

It sets up 2 wireless networks, one on each band (2.4GHz and 5.2GHz). I connected to both networks from my phone and it just connects to the stronger signal. There's also a guest network feature which I don't need.

The web interface is a bit simple, making it easy to setup, but it's lacking features if you need to customise your network. This wouldn't affect most people.

The device itself looks like, it has 3 antennas for a clearer signal, it's slim.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Mike

Mike

Excellent router modem

Great modem router combo, nbm ready, very stable internet, was a breeze to set up, had a dummy mode on the router which made it a bit easy to set up. Extea menu option let's you see which device is linked to your Wi-Fi. Also dual band function availablebto use

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Find out how TP-Link AC1750 Archer D7 compares to other Routers

Decent router for household...

This device can sometimes (once in 2 - 3 weeks) stop operating properly, and must be reset to work again. The Wifi coverage is normal; outside the household, the Wifi is poor. The Wifi speeds mainly depend on who your internet provider is and not because of the router. If you're looking for an affordable and decent router, this router isn't too bad.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Jay Hutchinson

Jay HutchinsonAdelaide

Reliable modem

Replaced a Billion 7300g and have found it reliable for my ADSL2 connection. Recently switched to wireless internet but still used as a wifi device as it provides good signal. It was the best value modem at the time but may look to upgrade once NBN arrives in my area.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Simon L

Simon LSydney

Came with TPG

Decent router, for free for which it was given by through TPG ADSL 2+'s plan. Able to cover up all of the signals at home, however setup was quite complicated since it was really vague. Having someone come in and set it up was also time costly. Would recommend this product despite these external factors.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Alan

Alan

Weak wifi signal, frustrating

This modem is easy enough to set-up and download speeds are fine, however airplay devices completely drop out over and over again, I would recommend purchasing an alternate modem with a stable connection to multiple devices. The distance for speed signal is extremely short, in a 5 metre space there are constant disconnect. Not very happy with this product

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Jason

JasonAdelaide, South Australia

Good all rounder modem and router with multi frequency wifi - average wifi power/penetration

Date PurchasedOct 2017
See all TP-Link AC1750 Archer D7 reviews

Lyn T.

Lyn T.asked

is this VDSL2 compatible?

JustMe

JustMeasked

Can this M/R also connect to desktop PC by cable (I im trying to avoid Wi-Fi through the house by either using a cable from the modem router to the desktop PC, or being able to password protect the Wi-Fi and only having the Wi-Fi available for Apple TV when needed).

Can you also please tell me the time it takes from switching the unit on to NBN/Internet being available. The one that Ive been provided by iiNet takes up to 15 minutes and sometimes much longer. This is a long time to wait when sometimes you just want to jump on and do something immediately or if you wanting to watch a movie on Apple TV and have to wait 15 minutes minimum, longer quite often and sometimes having to turn it off and on again so I may as well go back to VHS :-)

I am not needing a modem router for use on many devices within the house. Just the PC with the modem router connected and the Apple TV which is in another room about 16 m from the Apple TV device to the modem router by the PC.

At the same time wanting to have good speed but not for gaming or multiple devices at the same time. Thank you in advance I appreciate any help you can give me with accurate information.

Dave

yes, it had 4 cabled ports. less then 30 seconds from power up to serving up internets.

Rick A

Rick Aasked

Hello,
Is this modem/router VPN capable?
Rick