TP-Link AC1750 Archer D7

TP-Link AC1750 Archer D7 (page 3 of 7)

MPN: ARCHERD7

4.1

• Number of Connected Devices 5 devices (1)
  • Ease of Setup
  • Wi-Fi Range
  • Reliability
Bianca

BiancaAdelaide

Great modem-router. Does not connect to the NBN

This is a fantastic unit for the for the price. It has managed to cover the entirety of our three bedroom house with N and AC bandwidth. My only complaint with this modem is the fact that it became useless once I had NBN installed. It was originally advertised as being compatible with NBN; however, it simply isn't. Apparently this problem is due to the NBN giving incorrect information to manufacturers.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Gina

GinaMascot

Stable Connection

Got the TP-Link AC 1750 D7 from officework. The setup instruction is clear however, it doesn't state how do NBN set-up in the instruction manual. Configuring set was a little bit vague which was a bit confusing as I have to reset the router and so it can recognise my internet providers. Overall, the connection is great and give a good range of signal.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Vic87

Vic87Rozelle

Good allround router for a smaller apartment

I bought this router and despite so many antennas, it does not cover some areas of my average apartment. I need to be within 15 meters for optimal use, for example when steaming a movie from a bedroom it has low signal quality. I was forced to purchase a wifi-extender to get my whole place covered well. Other than that it is all good and the connection is very stable.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

cadam

cadamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great product
Easy to Use
Excellent Parental Lock System
Never had an issue!

Purchased brand new for only $45 from closing down sale. Retails at $150 at Officeworks

Very impressed with this product!! Great pricy at an excellent price, no issues.

McLaren

McLarenMonash

Good stable router but bad in overcast or rainy conditions

This is a good stable router but wifi is bad in overcast or rainy conditions.

Will need to restart router every now and then.

No firmware updates for two years now.

Performs solidly otherwise.

Expected better from a $150 router from TP-Link. Now on the look out for a different modem /router.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Veka

VekaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Did not reach our whole 2nd.floor

Bought this.from officeworks.as recommended by the staff... it only reached the top of the stairs, not even the hallway. It costs me $200 but waste.of money for me. We hv to line up.along the stairs to get a good wifi signals. Looks good and sleek but thats About it.... not happy.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Rak

RakSydney, NSW

Good Product and at great price

The wi-fi Modem Router works well, is sleek looking and in the last 6 months, I have never had a connection lost. At most times, 3-4 terminals are using the modem simultaneously and the modem router offers enough power to seamlessly download. The good thing is that it offers 1G as well and some old devices can be used using that wavelength. Also good warranty and great price from Officeworks.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Wayne

WayneBUNDOORA

Works well

My old modem was too weak to handle the amount of usage in the house.
Bought this and it fixed out issue right away.

We have four users at home and 12 devices connected at once.

The dual bandwidth is useful to even out traffic, and the setup and router page is so straight forward everyone could understand.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Carsten

CarstenGold Coast

Still very happy with the D7

The Archer D7 replaced my Netgear over a year ago and (like the Archer D9 at work) has really convinced me: Fair price, 3 year warranty, easy setup, reliability, great range and high speed - what else could you ask for?! I will stick with TP-Link for the foreseeable future.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Robin D

Robin DGold Coast

FAST & RELIABLE but only lasted 11 months

Objective

ObjectiveWide Bay, QLD

It does the job well...

We've owned the Archer D7 for almost three years, and it's proven to be an extremely reliable modem. The wi-fi range is OK, but we replaced the antennae with a heftier set to extend the reach. It's very simple to set up and use, and we've been impressed with the stability of connection.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
S and J Reading

S and J ReadingHobart, TAS

Excellent for price

Replaced a Telstra gateway max modem with this and it works 10 x better in speed and in distance around the property. Was very simple to configure, very easy to connect too once set up and Ive not had a single drop out or had to reset the unit in over a month of use. Would buy another one of these.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Shannon

ShannonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Decent modem

When i first looked it up this modem sounded really good and thought at the price of it $169 when i bought it, but since the last update the modem keep freezing and disconnecting, even thou it offers the latest wifi support and speed, i wouldn't recommend this modem on fact of poor updates and support from tp-link

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Ellouise

EllouiseNSW, 2038

The wi-fi range could reach further but otherwise it does it's job

The interface for set up is easy to use and very clear and the indicator lights are an amazing bonus. Tells you what area your internet connectivity issue is in without having to start up your computer, which is great for basic troubleshooting. Asides from the reach not being as optimal as it could be, it does it's job well and hasn't failed once since purchase. Gave it a three since there's nothing stand out about this particular device that other brands don't already offer.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Dilip

DilipSydney

Good for the price

This TP-LINK Modem does a fair job, yet the WI-Fi button is at the back and too hard to get too. That's a slight design flaw. Other than that, it works OK, no bells and whistles.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Darsh

DarshSydney

Great for home

Few months back we replaced our old modem and brought this one and it worked really well. In this modem speed is good and very close to our plan. It has got an additional USB port that you can use based on your requirement at home. User manual included with the product was really useful.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Jose

JoseCranbourne North

It does the job well

It works splendid as a modem router and a dedicated router for out Opticomm connection. Speeds are very good and close to what our plan allows. There's a USB port that you can hook up a thumbdrive to act like a media server for all the devices in your home.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Damien

DamienBrisbane

Amazing

I was in the market looking for a model/ router that has the ability of throttling speed to individual computers. However, most of the routers that has this functionality cost a lot. I went and did some research and found this model which offers what I need at significantly low price.

I went ahead and tried it and it proves to be amazing. The interface looks pretty good and as a layman user, I am able to navigate through the menu to find what I need.

On top of that, this router is NBN ready as well which means I dont have to buy anything else if I have NBN installed.

Calvin C

Calvin CPerth

OK modem, look for others if you can

Bought it when it was on 'special' as per a friends recommendation.

Isn't too great when it comes to customisation as you would struggle to use it in Advanced mode as the menu and GUI could be improved.

Performance is ok, wouldn't say it's the best I've seen. We keep it in the corner of the wall and I had to buy extra larger antennas from eBay to keep the signal distance acceptable on the other side of the house. I could move it but that's where my ADSL point is..

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Kanye

KanyeBelconnen 2615, ACT

This router is amaze!

I was previously using the router given to me by my ISP and it was the worst - it would drop out constantly and kick people off once you had more than 3 or 4 devices connected. The TP-LINK Archer D7 totally fixes this issue and I haven't experienced any dropouts since I started using it about 2 months ago.
The dual band functionality is great, most devices automatically know which one to connect to so we have our computers on the 5GHz one and everything else on the other. Plus, the initial setup of the router was super easy,
I've been recommending this router to everyone.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
See all TP-Link AC1750 Archer D7 reviews

Lyn T.

Lyn T.asked

is this VDSL2 compatible?

JustMe

JustMeasked

Can this M/R also connect to desktop PC by cable (I im trying to avoid Wi-Fi through the house by either using a cable from the modem router to the desktop PC, or being able to password protect the Wi-Fi and only having the Wi-Fi available for Apple TV when needed).

Can you also please tell me the time it takes from switching the unit on to NBN/Internet being available. The one that Ive been provided by iiNet takes up to 15 minutes and sometimes much longer. This is a long time to wait when sometimes you just want to jump on and do something immediately or if you wanting to watch a movie on Apple TV and have to wait 15 minutes minimum, longer quite often and sometimes having to turn it off and on again so I may as well go back to VHS :-)

I am not needing a modem router for use on many devices within the house. Just the PC with the modem router connected and the Apple TV which is in another room about 16 m from the Apple TV device to the modem router by the PC.

At the same time wanting to have good speed but not for gaming or multiple devices at the same time. Thank you in advance I appreciate any help you can give me with accurate information.

Dave

yes, it had 4 cabled ports. less then 30 seconds from power up to serving up internets.

Rick A

Rick Aasked

Hello,
Is this modem/router VPN capable?
Rick