TP-Link Archer C5400

TP-Link Archer C5400

Archer C5400X

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Unimpressed

UnimpressedBrisbane

Best thing I ever did

I have bee struggling with poor wifi strength and drop outs for 12 months. Then I upgraded to a DLink WAP that cost $650 and that was a dismal failure( seperate review). So having been burnt twice I decided to try a cheaper option and this TP-Link device was just that. I went with the C5400 because they convinced me with their 1 x 2.4hgz and 2 x 5ghz option. Spread the load of high steaming devices seemed sensible. After all, I have 33 steaming devices in my house hold. And I have to say, this device solved all my issues. Simple installation. Simple to connect all the devices. And the result is fast, no dropouts, reliable internet. Couldn’t be happier.

Purchased in March 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $398.00.

Number of Connected Devices 33 devices
Reliability

AJ Baker

AJ BakerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Bang for buck High Speed long range router

I have used many routers over the years having been in IT for a couple decades. This router is very very fast. I pull speeds faster then what you can get on a network cable and 7ms ping from the other end of the house. No drop outs, no reboots just works great. Couple this with TP links top end wireless card card and you will be loving life. Full range of features or set and forget. You can prioritize streaming or gaming or downloads etc or a combo of a few. so means you can get no interruptions on important things. Set up is to easy for the novice and support via online chat is awesome. Cant recommend enough. Oh and I did a lot of security testing and this router passed every test I could throw at it.

Purchased in February 2019 for $379.00.

Number of Connected Devices 7 devices
ISPAussie Broadband NBN 100 (Family)
ModemBillion BiPAC 7401VGP R3
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability
Nomi

NomiMelbourne

Excellent router for home or office

Excellent product. Has some great features.
One of the best routers, if your after good wifi signal, long range. Very easy to set up, doesn't look half bad either.
A big bonus for those who don't know, Tp-link has great customer service.

Unfortunately Tp-link removed bandwidth rate control. You have QoS now which isn't as customisable.
Little on the pricier side of routers.

But if you want a sure thing, than this routers for you.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Wing

WingSydney, NSW

Great Wifi Router for your home

I was looking for the device to do the WiFi signal extension at home, however, there are many different brands and models of routers in the market. It is not easy to choose one.

After done my research of the router, I chose TP-Link C5400 which is the mid range of the WiFi router which comes with 8 antenna attached and I test the reception signal is stronger than my Telstra router which come with the Telstra modem. I test the WiFi reception 30 meter away from the room.

The AC5400 can boost up the speeds up to 5334Mbps, multiple reliable connections to allow you connect more device at the same time without slow down the speed.