TP-Link AC1900 Archer D9

TP-Link AC1900 Archer D9

Clem

ClemSt Ives

Good router but break after few months

In general, this modem router is easy to setup and provide good wifi signal, however, it doesn't last long, dhcp function has stopped working, hard reset doesn't help either, this is the first wireless router that only last few months, TP-link confirmed the fault and now waiting for a replacement, otherwise, this is a good modem router.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
jackie

jackieNSW, 2206

Crashes sometimes

This router is very good quality, though definitely not inexpensive, but it does provide fast reliable internet unlike from Belkin which we experienced many failures and slow internet.
However this router does have its own issues as well. It crashes and will not work as well during rainy days, or it will not reach places such as my room.
Also we have a TCL Smart TV which requires WiFi to watch Netflix. However the internet provided by router is apparently not strong enough to be used by the tv so pretty much my monthly subscription to Netflix and Stan has gone to waste... :(

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Find out how TP-Link AC1900 Archer D9 compares to other Modems

See all TP-Link AC1900 Archer D9 reviews

Seung O.

Seung O.asked

I am searching for a new modem and right now I use ADSL 1, will this work for ADSL 1 and what is the range on this modem? (The current modem right now shows a reading of 54Mbps and I can download at speeds up to 1.5MBps but sometimes the wifi goes out and it fluctuates a little too much (and yes I am aware of peak times))

Johnnyk35
Johnnyk35

If I was you I would look for a second-hand Adsl 1 modem (gumtree) until your ready for NBN then get the latest modem/router I dont know if the AC1900 will work for you. GL.

Get an answer from our members and TP-Link representatives

CategoryRouters and Modems
Frequency BandDual-Band (2.4GHz, 5.0GHz)
FeaturesBeamforming, External Antennas, Mobile App Control, Parental Controls and Quality of Service
Maximum Wireless Speed1,300 Mbps