TP-Link AC1900 Archer D9

• Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range

Johnnyk35Far North Queensland, QLD

Good but not that good

After my last modem died in a thunder storm, I searched for a mid range/priced Vdsl/Adsl modem router.
I settled on the TP-Link Archer VR900. Easy setup and has many features and is value for money. But I am disappointed that the WiFi range was not as strong as I hopped in fact my old Netgear modem had a better range. Still I am happy with my purchase. 2years old now and still going strong

Purchased in November 2017.

Ari

Arimelbourne

Easy to use

Compared to the router I used earlier, this one is very easy to set up and easy to use. I have used it for a few months and it did not fail me. It satisfy the needs of a gamer. And the coverage is good and the wifi is consistent.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Nagel

NagelAU

Great all around router

Its a great all around router, you can plug in your USB hard drive and printer since it has 2x USB, Its easy to setup. However this model is now end of life so I would not be buying it now since it wont see any more updates to its firmware. It is also NOT compatible with FTTN NBN. But you can still use it together with another FTTN modem if you like.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Modems

Find out how TP-Link AC1900 Archer D9 compares to other Modems

Hambourne

Hambourne

Easy to use

Interface is really easy to navigate and setup. I'm a gamer and Netflix streamer so a rely on quality wifi and quality of service, this router others buffer free streaming and lag free gaming (Depending how good your internet that is) Would recommend this for mid range value for money.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
John

JohnFAIRY MEADOW

Decent modem and Wi-Fi

I have been using this modem for a while now and I'm mostly happy with it. Connect to the NBN without issue and frequently have top speeds on the 100 MBS plan especially from Steam and local sites. The only issue I have is the Wi-Fi is not as strong as I would like as when I am in different rooms at the house sometimes it changes from 5G to the slower 2.4g and sometimes the connection he's not as strong and fast as I would like. Not a major issue as I'm usually in the room that has the modem in it

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Michael

MichaelMelbourne

Good features

Easy to use good features and decent range. Especially at a discounted price.

One downside is that it does get quite hot and sometimes can throttle during the summer, but it is like 40deg in Australis so take it as you may.

Otherwise fantastic router. Firmware gives good user control.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Dist

DistSydney

No issues with it

Have had this router for more than one year. Have not had any issues with it at this point in time. I have had about 10 devices connected simultaneously and seems to cope ok. From time to time it may need to reset it ( maybe once every couple of months)

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Budi

BudiOakleigh

Great modem router

This is a great brand of modem router. Unfortunately can't change the SNR setting manually with this modem. Great wifi signal both on 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz, looks good and perform very well. Have usb port to set your usb printer and to share from your usb hard drive as well.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
ExpeditionsandEvents

ExpeditionsandEvents

Quite good - works for me with Optus

I had read a few reviews that this router was having problems connecting to Optus and almost backed out of buying it. I have Optus ADSL at home and it is working with it flawlessly. Didn't take too long to set up, my only advice is to create two different names for the 2 and 5 gHz networks. I also created a guest network (which was the main reason I purchased this one) and it was set up in 2 mins. Good range. Really happy.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Modems

Find out how TP-Link AC1900 Archer D9 compares to other Modems

Thu Dao

Thu DaoMelbourne

it work well excepting when it's raining

I bought this router from TPG accompanying with Internet package. We live in very large house and large back yard. I still get connection when I around back yard or in my neighbor's house. But the signal come badly when it's raining. Maybe problem come from TPG not because of the router itself

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Kevin H

Kevin HVIC, 3148

Good wifi modem

Purchased this modem as the old modem provided by my ISP was having issues.
Easy to set up, but wifi range is only marginally better than what I was using previously.
Easy to use system menu which allows a good level of customisation.
For the price I paid, I am happy with the product.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
No one

No onePerth

Good modem router

Bought this when I was still using ADSL and the modem and router work flawlessly, never had a hiccup.

When NBN came, I still use this as my wireless router as it never skipped a beat. The android app for this router is also an excellent addition to controlling the router and changing passwords/SSID names

Date PurchasedMay 2015