TP-Link AC1900 Archer D9

TP-Link AC1900 Archer D9

Ottoke

OttokeMelbourne

Best Router to replace Default router by SP

Bought this Router as an upgrade to my SP router and was blown away by the stability and speed it can achieve. No drop off, no need resent every day and at 90% speed at all time. Great price and good enough for multiple devices, at my home i am constantly connected with over 5 devices and I have not notice slow speed what so ever. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Honest AF

Honest AFGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great modem

Amazing value (on sale for $129) with a very well reviewed profile. Wifi connection very strong, no issues when I'm across the road in the street. Strong sync speed. Setup once and haven't needed to touch it since. Would recommend compared to buying a starter modem that are regularly included by ISPs.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Xiao

Xiaosydney

Best modem i have got so far

Strong wall penetration features, comes with build in speed limitations and has dual channels.

good coverage which means i could access the wireless network from my own backyard.

One of the downside is that it doesnt support NBN, which is probably an issue for me in the next few years times when NBN is rolled out to my area.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Modems

Find out how TP-Link AC1900 Archer D9 compares to other Modems

Vloors

VloorsSydney

Great range and speed for ADSL2

We were having issues with receiption using the standard DSL router/modem TPG has given us so I decided to purchase this little beauty.
After setting up first thing I noticed was the impressive signal range. Could get reception from one side of the house to the other and even downstairs in the garage.
Only disadvange would be once NBN is installed in our area this router/modem is useless because its not FTTB/FTTN compliant

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Dave

DaveSydney, NSW

Excellent Wifi Range

Had this modem router for a little over 12 months; upgraded from a Billion 7100, wifi range was an immediate improvement. Setup was relatively easy - on TPG ADSL 2+ internet. Paid around $199 for it at the time so it was considered mid-high end. Only bad thing is it's not compatible with VDSL/FTTB so I had to upgrade.

Date PurchasedSept 2015
jGarrick

jGarrickMelbourne

Good reliable Modem/router with Excellent WiFi

Like this device used in on TPG ADSL2 then moved to NBN and still going strong nearly 3 years later, sits upright so has a small desktop footprint, GUI is easy to understand and has useful Parental controls to lock out kids iPad from the Internet during certain times. Looks nice too

Date PurchasedMay 2013
Patricia V

Patricia VAU

Easy!

After an earlier wrong choice we bought this modem router. Once at home it was super easy to set up. It's sits under my couch so I don't see it, but in case it was seen, the thing even looks good, with a handy kind of standard to keep it upright.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Mariana

MarianaMelbourne

Excellent router

We've been happy with this modem router. We bought it because it can be use for NBN as well. We even connect a usb hard drive on it so we can access all the files on the usb hard drive on any device we have. The connection is very good and stable.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Kevin

KevinSydney

Reliable, sleek and fast WIFI

I owned many routers, they either die or poor wifi. So after reading many reviews I set my mind on this router. The router is amazing.

Wifi is very reliable and its very fast as it supports 802.11ac. Its not the cheapest router around but for the feature and quality it is worth the money. No more frustrating than buying a sub $100 router and doesn't work or require restarting.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Modems

Find out how TP-Link AC1900 Archer D9 compares to other Modems

Montu

MontuHobart

Perfect for NBN

I bought this when I got NBN, and its been nearly 3 years, it works like a charm. I keep it turned on all the time, day and night. It never loses the signal. Although every couple of month it requires needs to be restarted but thats about us. It is a lot cheaper than the other routers.

Date PurchasedSept 2015
See all TP-Link AC1900 Archer D9 reviews

Seung O.

Seung O.asked

I am searching for a new modem and right now I use ADSL 1, will this work for ADSL 1 and what is the range on this modem? (The current modem right now shows a reading of 54Mbps and I can download at speeds up to 1.5MBps but sometimes the wifi goes out and it fluctuates a little too much (and yes I am aware of peak times))

Johnnyk35
Johnnyk35

If I was you I would look for a second-hand Adsl 1 modem (gumtree) until your ready for NBN then get the latest modem/router I dont know if the AC1900 will work for you. GL.

Get an answer from our members and TP-Link representatives

CategoryRouters and Modems
Frequency BandDual-Band (2.4GHz, 5.0GHz)
FeaturesBeamforming, External Antennas, Mobile App Control, Parental Controls and Quality of Service
Maximum Wireless Speed1,300 Mbps