TP-Link Archer VR1600v

TP-Link Archer VR1600v (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mazzi

MazziCroydon

Good medium modem/router

This tp-link router/modem has been pretty good.
Gives good wifi coverage in our medium sized house. The speed does drop as you get further away from the router, but that is to be expected.
Has AC1600 dual band wifi, gigabit LAN and WAN ports.
Also supports VoIP.
Pretty easy to setup. I've had no trouble, been using it on NBN FTT.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Athulya Andrews

Athulya Andrewsmelbourne

Network speed not satisfactory

I purchased this router when we switched to NBN connection as we moved home. I must say this did not perform up to my expectations. Often we notice the network is gone completely as takes a while to restore. Have let the ISP know and yet to find out if the issue is with router or network. Setting up was quite easy but we restart it atleast once a week

Date PurchasedSep 2018
TAZ

TAZQLD, 4006

A Reliable And Fast Wireless/Wired DSL Modem And Hub.

This modem works well and has both wired and WIFI modes and I use both and they are fast. You have the extended WIFI modes that go beyond 802.11b/g/n and you can also turn off the wireless radios in total if you want to only use the wired Gigabit RJ45 LAN ports. There are four LAN ports and a WAN port on the back of the modem for your use.

The modem is simple to configure, has a well designed HTML interface that makes doing all that via a web browser easy and quick.

A nice modem in total.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Bellebee

BellebeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

TPG Good Entry Level

The TPG router TP-Link Archer VR1600v. A medium sized. Router with an unobtrusive design. It has a USB port to connect up to media devices for sharing files.
4 Giga bit ports for adding wired devices.
Simple to set up with NBN. A good buy for an entry level modem.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Ally

AllyPerth

I Would Recommend

Good range and signal throughout the whole house which is medium in size.
Also I can still get it around 40 metres from the modem in the park on my phone. The signal strength understandable drops so the speed is not quite as good but is a bonus.
We have a 50mbps service and this is capable of 100mbps.
We also have it plugged in via an Apple time machine and everything works fine.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

QLDZDR

QLDZDRBrisbane

TPG provides it as standard with NBN

TP-link VR1600v NBN modem with WiFi

Out of the box is a little white box, showing where the phone line connection and PC network cables insert.

No rabbit ear antenna to allow extended wireless range for WiFi connected tablets or laptops, so we just have to settle for the connection range offered by the internal antenna.

It is basic and does a basic job.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Marina

Marina

seems to work just fine for me

I am using this router with the NBN. I have had no problems. The installation was fast and the speeds I receive are ok. In the two months since I have been using this router, I have had no problems, no drop-outs or anything so I am satisfied.

Date PurchasedAug 2017