TP-Link VR600

TP-Link VR600 (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dan

Dan

Works perfectly. No sweat, no issues.

Works perfectly. No sweat, no issues. Just plug it in, set it up, and it works. Never had to reset it. Never had any issues with bands or bandwith issues, even with up to seven people using the network at the same time. I own a larger house and I've never had any coverage issues.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Patrick O

Patrick OMelbourne

Good router with a weird issue

Unsure if this is a problem with my particular modem router, but I've done a lot of trouble shooting, and it's the only conclusion I can come to. The wifi is usually fine, and quite consistent, but when there are multiple wifi connections, the wifi basically fails. Restarting the modem solves the problem, until it just happens again. It's frustrating, as apart from this issue it's usually a pretty great router. Fast and good coverage,

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Tory

TorySydney

The best modem we have ever used

The connection is very stable, and fast speed. We dont need to restart it like Telstra modem which really cause our headache. the also the design is very modern, ours is in white color and looks quite nice. we dont have much trouble when watching the HD TV online even youtube.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Tidie

TidieSydney

Wireless 5Ghz strength too weak

OK product as a modem for LBN co fibre in meriton apartments, never tested it on NBN. been getting around 5-6 MB/s download speed on a 25Mb plan. 5Ghz wireless strength is too weak, can only get 1-2 bar signal in only a one bed room apartment. Never had any drop outs because of the modem though.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Des

DesBatemans Bay

Works fine

Good modem so far, haven't had any issues with it. I bought the modem for the nbn and it was fairly easy to setup. I love you can get the app on your smart phone to manage your modem settings. In saying that it seems to get hot easy, not sure if that is a cause for concern.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Luke

LukeAustralia

Great modem

I bought this modem when we had signed up to NBN FTTN. It's been great for us so far and we haven't had any issues at all. The only thing I've noticed is it seems to be very hot while on, even if we aren't using the internet.

This is my first experience using a modem that wasn't purchased directly from an internet service provider. I'm pretty happy with my purchase and would recommend this modem.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Isaac L

Isaac LSydney

Pretty good

Does its job to a satisfactory level. 2.4 and 5 frequencies have ok ranges but could be better. No advanced features like qos customisation. Will get hot understandably. Has apparently fast transfer rates, but Australian internet is not fast enough to utilise this. Also need to find a high enough shelf to perch this on for better performance.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Sarah

Sarah

Good router

I bought this router as I needed a higher area of coverage. It works quite effectively and the price is competitive as compared to other brands, however it doesn't seem to cover much more distance as my last modem which was a standard model. Overall, I would say it is okay value for money.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Dave C

Dave CMelbourne

Great device

I got this modem to upgrade my older one and it provides faster connection to my ISP along with better coverage. The cost of the modem is also lower than other comparative models from other brands. Never had any issue with it and would highly recommend this to others buyers.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Lucky

LuckySydney

Dont Know if it does anything

Paid $200 for this 'extender' but it seems to have worse range than my standard modem. Its slower than my normal modem which is funny given it claims itll improve speeds. Only positives are that it looks appealling and can support 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Definitely not worth in my opinion.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Chandra

ChandraSydney

Great router

Purchased this for the higher coverage than standard wireless routers. It did have a greater signal than standard ones, but not much. Signal was -70dbm with standard routers and with VR600 it was down to -62dbm... eventually had to do some trick to make the external antenna a little bit more directional, rather than omnidirectional. Had a slightly better speed with my FTTB as well. If you are looking for greater coverage, there will be around 8dbm increase over standard routers, so you can decide whether this is right for you or not.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Mal

MalWANTIRNA SOUTH

Good wifi router

Tp link wifi routers always value for money in terms of performance. The wider range of wifi coverage is acceptable from my lower floor to the first floor in my house. Signal is clear from front entrace to behind the house Kitchen area. Happy with THE PRODUCT. Thank you will use the tp link products again.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Yoshi

YoshiSydney

Perfect modem for me

Love the double wifi channel and future proof when (or should I say if) NBN finally comes to my area. Super easy to setup (it is one of the most daunting thing for me - setting up modem) for average Joe like myself. It covers all areas of my unit which the previous modem failed to do so. Now everything is running as fast as it can (TPG I am looking at you for my slow connection).
Can't fault it. Love my purchase.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Patty

PattyWarwick farm

Good wifi resource

The effectiveness of this product is rated as good because the dustance from the douter should be less that is written on the box when I first bought it. But it is good and help giving you the connection you need. However it is expensive but the overall experience was not bad

Date PurchasedJun 2016
renak01

renak01

Excellent and easy

I purchased this for less than $120 on ebay. It was incredibly easy to set up, always starts up super fast and gives a great signal throughout my entire house, especially with the dual band capability.
I haven't had problems at all so far. It even has it's own application for your devices to fiddle with settings, etc.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Richo Family

Richo Family

Best Value

The TP Link VR600 replaced our commercial grade Draytek systems - our wifi has never been better!!
Our Netflix and Plex now streams flawlessly throughout the house.
Only downside is reduced range on 5Ghz... this is expected though.
It was easy to connect to both VDSL nbn and FTTP in our new house.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Pia

PiaToowoomba

Wow! Talk about a Rolls Royce!

As soon as we connected, it was like going full throttle after years in first gear .... and have not had one single problem of any kind!
We will not use any other sort, from now on! We all use the internet simultaneously, from every part of the (large) house and are really glad the guy who constructed our bespoke computer recommended TP Link

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Maharshi Patel

Maharshi PatelAdelaide

Perfect!

This router is perfect for my day to day use. It support wide bandwidth and allows more number of user to connect at once. Moreover, it works perfectly fine with any ISP. I haven't noticed any problem with my speed and dropouts. I would recommend it for the user like me who has high internet usage.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Gin

GinPerth

Worked well.

Was really tricky to set up, i had to get an it tech to.come.and do it for me. It worked well.. just not with my network provider. Had to buy a new modem 3 weeks after purchase. Had a good.wifi range and looked smart. Not sure i would buy it again though just based on installation

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Shawn

ShawnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Decent entry level VDSL modem

Good decent entry level VDSL modem, good for FTTN and FTTP
Supports VLAN Tagging IPOE and also PPPOE connections
Very good wireless coverage and 4 gigabit ethernet ports, cannot fault the quality of this unit, only wish it was faster for its wireless speeds, overall though good entry level and features for the price

Date PurchasedNov 2016