TP-Link Archer VR600 / VR600V

TP-Link Archer VR600 / VR600V (page 2 of 3)

VR600, VR600V (VoIP)

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Number of Connected Devices 6.625 devices

V T

V TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great range

Very easy to set up and use. Great little app that can set up the passwords on your phone or android device.
I live in a double storey house and range is actually very good.
The fast speed 5G wifi function one is a bit limited to the downstairs area( modem router located downstairs) but the normal wifi range gives a full strength to all my devices.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Chris A

Chris AGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Voip won't work

Adriano M

Adriano MGold Coast

Good Modem / Router for NBN

I have installed this modem and also Tp-link VR900 over 20 times. It’s a very reliable modem, has excellent wifi AC Dual Band range, and the best thing using it with NBN is that it has Broadcom chipset and it will achieve the best Sync rate (download / upload speed)

The Woz Review

The Woz ReviewSouth East Queensland, QLD

D2 Archer

A very good easy to setup ADSL modem, password is on the base of the unit and IP access is simple to configure by using the proprietary IP address which alows you to customise things like password etc.
This is a dual 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz modem which means most accessories operate on the 2.4 Ghz range but a few items like mobiles have the option of 5 Ghz
Remember 2.4 Ghz wave signals will penetrate walls and travel further, whilst 5 Ghz are shorter waves but have faster transfer speeds.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Rob

Rob

Speed Improved with this Router

We are connected to the NBN FTTN, with Telstra BigPond. We were using the Telstra supplied Technicolor Gateway Modem/Router. After a recommendation to switch to the TP Link Archer Series, I picked the VR600 as it had all the features we need, without DECT as we’ve ditched the unused Landline. Our WiFi range on both 2.4 and 5ghz have improved, the TP Link Theter App is fantastic, it made set up a breeze, manages connections with ease and is great for setting up and managing a Guest network. The best thing overall though, is that we now have faster download and upload speeds! By a massive 40%!! So before you think you have a bad NBN connection, blame the hardware not the copper!

Susan

SusanPerth, WA

Supplied when I switched over to NBN

I used to own Netgear ADSL routers.
Then I switched over to NBN, with phone included.
It has overheated, shutting itself down.
I personally find there are not enough personal settings for example QOS to name but one.
I am not a fan of this router give me a Netgear

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Richard

RichardPerth, WA

Excellent coverage on a small apartment

I was looking for a bang for the buck adsl2 and vdsl2 modem router. This led me to the vr600.
Pros:
Dashboard is easy to use (on a computer)
Dual Modulation
Competitively priced
Has a good signal coverage (home is a 2 bedroom brick walled apartment).
LED lights can be controlled via dashboard
Cons:
Tends to go hot, you may want to place it on a well ventilated area.
Dashboard can be annoying on a mobile.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

amag

amagMelbourne

Good modem

The look and feel of this product is good. I must admit the modem gets hot and im not sure if the design of the product helps with the heating issues. Its an easy modem to set up and is NBN ready. Overall i'd say its a good little modem. I hope Tplink continues to update the firmware as required.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Dan

Dan

Works perfectly. No sweat, no issues.

Works perfectly. No sweat, no issues. Just plug it in, set it up, and it works. Never had to reset it. Never had any issues with bands or bandwith issues, even with up to seven people using the network at the same time. I own a larger house and I've never had any coverage issues.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Patrick O

Patrick OMelbourne

Good router with a weird issue

Unsure if this is a problem with my particular modem router, but I've done a lot of trouble shooting, and it's the only conclusion I can come to. The wifi is usually fine, and quite consistent, but when there are multiple wifi connections, the wifi basically fails. Restarting the modem solves the problem, until it just happens again. It's frustrating, as apart from this issue it's usually a pretty great router. Fast and good coverage,

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Tory

TorySydney

The best modem we have ever used

The connection is very stable, and fast speed. We dont need to restart it like Telstra modem which really cause our headache. the also the design is very modern, ours is in white color and looks quite nice. we dont have much trouble when watching the HD TV online even youtube.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Tidie

TidieSydney

Wireless 5Ghz strength too weak

OK product as a modem for LBN co fibre in meriton apartments, never tested it on NBN. been getting around 5-6 MB/s download speed on a 25Mb plan. 5Ghz wireless strength is too weak, can only get 1-2 bar signal in only a one bed room apartment. Never had any drop outs because of the modem though.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Des

DesBatemans Bay

Works fine

Good modem so far, haven't had any issues with it. I bought the modem for the nbn and it was fairly easy to setup. I love you can get the app on your smart phone to manage your modem settings. In saying that it seems to get hot easy, not sure if that is a cause for concern.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Luke

LukeAustralia

Great modem

I bought this modem when we had signed up to NBN FTTN. It's been great for us so far and we haven't had any issues at all. The only thing I've noticed is it seems to be very hot while on, even if we aren't using the internet.

This is my first experience using a modem that wasn't purchased directly from an internet service provider. I'm pretty happy with my purchase and would recommend this modem.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Isaac L

Isaac LSydney

Pretty good

Does its job to a satisfactory level. 2.4 and 5 frequencies have ok ranges but could be better. No advanced features like qos customisation. Will get hot understandably. Has apparently fast transfer rates, but Australian internet is not fast enough to utilise this. Also need to find a high enough shelf to perch this on for better performance.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Sarah

Sarah

Good router

I bought this router as I needed a higher area of coverage. It works quite effectively and the price is competitive as compared to other brands, however it doesn't seem to cover much more distance as my last modem which was a standard model. Overall, I would say it is okay value for money.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Dave C

Dave CMelbourne

Great device

I got this modem to upgrade my older one and it provides faster connection to my ISP along with better coverage. The cost of the modem is also lower than other comparative models from other brands. Never had any issue with it and would highly recommend this to others buyers.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Lucky

LuckySydney

Dont Know if it does anything

Paid $200 for this 'extender' but it seems to have worse range than my standard modem. Its slower than my normal modem which is funny given it claims itll improve speeds. Only positives are that it looks appealling and can support 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Definitely not worth in my opinion.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Chandra

ChandraSydney

Great router

Purchased this for the higher coverage than standard wireless routers. It did have a greater signal than standard ones, but not much. Signal was -70dbm with standard routers and with VR600 it was down to -62dbm... eventually had to do some trick to make the external antenna a little bit more directional, rather than omnidirectional. Had a slightly better speed with my FTTB as well. If you are looking for greater coverage, there will be around 8dbm increase over standard routers, so you can decide whether this is right for you or not.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Mal

MalWANTIRNA SOUTH

Good wifi router

Tp link wifi routers always value for money in terms of performance. The wider range of wifi coverage is acceptable from my lower floor to the first floor in my house. Signal is clear from front entrace to behind the house Kitchen area. Happy with THE PRODUCT. Thank you will use the tp link products again.

Date PurchasedJan 2016