TP-Link TD-W8960N

MPN: TDW8960N

5 questions from our users

Tony C.

Tony C.asked

Can this modem have two uses on two pc's. One wired and the other wireless.

Alan D
Alan D

Yes, this modem can be used for both technologies simultaneously.

Stewart

Stewartasked

Can this product be used with a sim card?

Ash
Ash

No, this router does not have a SIM card slot.

Nola

Nolaasked

I have a TP Link modem model TD-W8960N. It has been working well for over 2 years. Now I find that every 2- 3 weeks I can`t get wifi connection for I pad. Three times my service provider have helped me reconnect but they say there must be a problem with my modem as their service is working fine. They suggest I ask if there is some update or some reason why my modem suddenly disconnects & won`t let me log in. Can you help?

Vik_Dogra
Vik_Dogra

HI Nola
Normally life time for these home router is about 2 yrs. There could be a few reasons for it disconnect
1. Aged router ( old protocol not very compatible with new hardware). this was reason I bought new router.
2. Your router probably has fixed number of devices to be connected.

3. Try to change the channel on your router. you can use wifi analyzer app to see the busy/open channels in your building.

I hope it make sense to you.
Cheers
Vik

Black Peteasked

I would just like to know if the Internet LED on the front panel does in fact Flash to reflect DSL data transfer?
TIA.

Walker

According to the table in the manual I got with the item, the ADSL/Internet light is on (steady) when ADSL line is synchronized and ready to use, and flashes when ADSL negotiation is in progress. From my observation it flashes when I'm downloading stuff. I hope this answers your query.

Thanks Walker.
You are absolutely correct. Thanks to you I ended up buying one today and it does indeed flash to indicate DSL traffic both uplink & downlink. I had originally bought a NetGear DGN2200 which the manual also said that it flashed to indicate traffic but in reality it didn't, so I took it back and got the TP-Link which I'm very happy with.
Thanks again.
Black Pete.

Walkerasked

I'm getting a clicking noise through one speaker. The speakers are Altec Lansing and are NOT wireless. Anyone know why this is happening? TP-Link TD-W8960N Modem Router.

Anthony
Anthony

My modem does not cause any clicking in any of my speakers. It doesn't affect the network at all. Completely silent.

john.nakulski
john.nakulski

Likely a bad connection to that one speaker, or to/from that channel of your amplifier / receiver. Try re-doing the connections. Then try swapping the channels to isolate the component (i.e., is it the one speaker, the speaker connection, the speaker cable, the amplifer-to-speaker connection, one channel of the amplifer itself, or the RCA connection into the amplifier.
RF interference from a device to a modem-router can be reduced by separating all cables to reduce cross-talk... including power cables... so try moving the modem-router and its cables, including especially its power cable.
Also, try using a powerline filter... many of the better powerboards include a filter.

John.

Get an answer from our members and TP-Link representatives