TP-Link TD-W8960N

TP-Link TD-W8960N (page 2 of 3)

MPN: TDW8960N

John

John

Buyer beware

do not buy this router ever. Wifi signal is low. you will be restarting the router every few hours. There are more reliable routers in the market. Pure garbage. Do not waste your money. Get a decent one, not made by tp link. This is a useless apparatus. Do not buy.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Jerome

JeromeBrunswick

Just fine

It worked perfectly in the first few weeks and started to disconnect occasionally. But everything turned back to normal after a reset. Sometimes the signal will not able to cover the whole place. Overall, quite good for a modem and definitely better than the free modem with the first connection.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
    Adelaide

Adelaide

Good Quality

This ModemIs very good quality finish from tp link no problem with reception of wifi i am using it regular use at home so no problems
    would recommend this one as good product can buy without dought.
    very easy to set up and easy to get started and suitable for high load

Date PurchasedOct 2016
    David Barkho

David BarkhoSydney, NSW

Absolute rubbish!

This router is completely useless the interface is horrible and ugly and receives nearly no updates, would never recommended this horrible router to anybody just go and buy a better one as it will ensure you have fast and reliable service rather than the constant overheating and drop outs occurred with this router.

Date PurchasedMay 2013

DUO

DUOMELBOURNE

good modem

it is a very good product. I have been using it for more than a year and it never miss a beat. the only thing to deal with is that i got a asian version so the user interface is chinese not english. it should be in english in australia.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Brownie

Brownie

Great bridging modem

Really great modem for the price. In my instance I use it as a bridge to my wireless router and it works flawlessly in bridge mode. Have had no dropouts and I have only reset the modem once in 12 months of use.

Great design and small footprint so it fits really nicely in our entertainment unit out of sight.!

Highly recommend!

Date PurchasedJul 2016

lily

lilySydney

good

bought this nearly 2ys ago from officework, used till today is all good. didnt have any problems. price good, took us bit longer to set up with it, but never has problems since. recommaded to my friend , they liked as well. we all living in apartment so not sure if is good for big area.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Pollo

PolloSydney

good speed

Date PurchasedDec 2014

soso

not great..loose signal when used in diff rooms
    doesn't give you much bandwidth either especially when you use wifi for any devices
    expensive from what you pay
    machine itself is fine where there's no shutdown from the machine
    doesn't look like it's powerful enough to sustain more than a device

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Entry of a router, good but not enough

Modem+Router save space for two devices. The max speed is 300mpbs, no 5Ghz supported.
    Consider as the crowded device run on the 2.4Ghz frequency. Speed cannot reach the max due to interference. As NBN is more popular in Australia, this device cannot met suppor the max speed as NBN provided. Based on above, this is just an enter wireless device for home.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Semra

Semra

Good for its price

We have been using this modem for nearly 2.5 years. We did not have any problems. Its price was 50$ so I think it is good for its price. Its cable is too short so you need to buy a longer one if your power point is far. It is small and it does not cover much area.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Cade

CadeSydney

Would not recommend

I wouldn't recommend this wireless modem if the users at your premises are more than one person! It can't handle wifi traffic if you have more than 2 wireless devices connecting or if 1 device is streaming, better forget it cause it just doesnt handle bandwidth well. Even with the wired devices, they would sometime hit a snag and would lose connectivity. ADSL would be sweet but its the LAN that would be choking on bandwidth. It gets so bad that you can't even go to its admin page to do a reboot there... That's how bad it is. If you think you're saving money getting this, might as well get another brand and save you the hassle.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

REED WARNING

Hi everyone,
    I can get only 6 mbps max wireless speed to all devices even 1 meter away from the router, the signal is very unprotected from interference, I have tried all channels manual and only few channels give me about 6 mbps but when I connect the laptop with network cable directly to the router I have about 12 mbps. I tried cisco and now I have 12 mbps

Date PurchasedSep 2013

goldcoastwestie

goldcoastwestieGold Coast

What a pile of poop

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Thrown in the bin!

We've had this modem for 3 months now and there's not a time when I use the internet where I don't have to reset this modem. I've never had a problem with our internet until this modem was needed. We just got high speed broadband in our area so we had to change from our adsl 2 to this modem.
    We had to move our computer into the lounge room from the computer room (which the comp room is only next room) I would not recommend this product if you don't like headaches.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Don't Buy!

We recently bought this new modem to upgrade from our old one, at first i was really happy about the idea but i can now say its a piece of garbage. I'm a gamer and play csgo when in games my ping regularly spikes up to 800 or more and usually doesn't come down. I would not recommend this product for anyone.

Zapookie

ZapookieSYDNEY

You get what you pay for

This router has been annoying. It drops the internet connection often (not ADSL sync), so I will have to log in to the user interface to reconnect or reboot the router. Upon rebooting, it will gain sync but refuses to connect to the internet. I have to then manually log in again through the browser, and press the connect button on the page, and sometimes it won't respond until the 7th try.

Just really effin bothersome and I am on the market for a better product.

Peter

Peter

Very cheap but problematic - I would avoid

Vik_DograSydney, NSW

Keep on disconnecting from ADSL side

Every 1 hour or 2 hours max it keep on dropping the connection from ISP side. So had to restart every time it goes down. Total waste of money and peace of mind. I wanted to upgrade to 300Mbps from old 54Mbps which is still working well but ended up putting old one back & throwing this one out.
    Don't buy!!
    Vik

SimonC

SimonCsimon+productreview@tive.com.au

Very good value for money

It has handled the heat of the Queensland summer better than the one it replaced. Range is better, but there is no real difference in ADSL speeds.

If you have normal household needs, it is hard to think of reasons why you would need to pay more for a router.