TPG Broadband ADSL

TPG Broadband ADSL

1.6 from 2,577 reviews

1.6

2,577 reviews
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (19%) · No (81%)

Gary

GarySydney, NSW

bad internet

Keep sending them an email when i can to ask what is going on there it would seem to me since the takeover it has been getting worse although we were promised better They now even have the gall to just disconnect me between 630 pm and 8pm every day here Maybe they want me to upgrade to their NBN That is so not going to happen if they do not get their act together BEWARE!!!

Start DateNovember 2018
Contract Type24-month contract
Carson Lee

Carson LeeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

• ADSL

Cant cancel service

I request a cancellation request back in April, and my account is still active and charge me money for the pass 4 months. I call up and check, and they said they never received my cancellation request. I tried the same way to cancel again, only their website say cancellation request have been sent, but no email confirmation at all. I believe they will just delete the request and charge for another few months!

Start DateJanuary 2007
Hana

HanaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I use my 4g more

Terrible speed, poor connection. I’m meant to be in a “great spot for fast connection”. I use my 4g more than my wifi when I’m at home because it’s better than the unlimited wifi.

Start DateFebruary 2018

Find out how TPG Broadband ADSL compares to other Internet Service Providers

The worst internet provider in Australia

Internet stopped working, then got it fixed. Was charged for the call out fee!?! Extremely slow connection. Lucky if you can get someone in the call centre to understand English. Then I get charged for cancellation. Will never go with TPG again!! With bigpond now much better!

Terrible product and terrible service. I will never ever use tpg again

Unusable internet (below minimum usuable speed)
Wouldn’t stop charging me for it
Lied about fixing it multiple times
Refused to refund me despite complaint process taking many months
Never again for me

Start DateJanuary 2019
Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Garbage speeds, to be aced by an even more garbage customer service

I have had ADSL Broadband connection from TPG for a while now, and nothing but slow speeds and connection drops. During peak hours, I have download speeds sometimes of less than 2mbps, and upload speed of less than 512kb! This shouldn't even classify as broadband.
So now I am cancelling my services, and I have started to see cancellation charges on my account which the TPG customer service is unable to explain. When I ask to escalate the matter for me, they say I have to do it myself by writing an email to the cancellation team and that it will take at least 48 hours for them to get back. Wont be touching TPG with a pole ever again!

Start DateDecember 2014
Data TypeCapped Data

TPG WORST SERVICE EVER. Rubbish customer service, dishonest company taking money from my bank account after cancelling.

Cancelled my account because I had not had service for months. No phone line and no internet. NBN was on my street so decided to go with a provider that actually provides the service you are paying for.

Contract Type24-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data
Mad

MadMelbourne

Avoid this service.

To say I’m frustrated by the service with this company is an understatement. No matter how many times you call, no one ever calls back even when you wait over 2 hours and are told you will get a call back. My internet didn’t work for 2 months and I called over 10 times. As a result of the internet being down and having multiple calls disconnected, my phone data then went over by $1000 for the 2 months. They won’t even give us a 2 month credit. Absolutely disgusting.
Would avoid Tpg at all costs.

Start DateFebruary 2020

Dishonest Organisation

They are quick to take your money for poor unreliable internet & non existent phone calls on landline. You need to report them to IT ombudsman to get money back. Make sure you send an email to cancel your contract (dont rely on their dishonest customer service) otherwise they keep charging you. Take photos of correspondence for proof (not screen shot).

Start DateJanuary 2013

Eddy

Eddy

The worst internet and customer service

The worst internet probably the slowest and the worst customer service even not worth one star always ring them out on hold then hang up and never return calls very slow

Worst Connection Speed and Speed is Throttled

Regular outage and your internet service speed is throttled.

Your internet speed is magically fast again after you make a complaint. But this fast speed is only for a few days.

I would not recommend TPG to my worst friend.

Start DateJuly 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Absolutely terrible internet provider that provides horrible customer service. Don’t waste your money

Constant drop outs, terrible internet service and when I call the company they provide terrible customer service and do nothing to resolve the matter. I asked to be escalated to a supervisor and got kept waiting in hols for over 30 mins to be told if I hang up a supervisor will call me straight away. Nope still didn’t get a call back!

Start DateFebruary 2020
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Horrible customer service - inconsistent broadband service

* Poor customer service - long wait times, contradicting feedback, poor technical knowledge.
* Poor broadband service - Connection remotely reset 'to reallocate ip addresses' with no warnings.
* Highly variable internet speeds.
* Don't feel they delivered what was promised.

Since moved to Tangerine and customer service / value for money is a marked improvement.

Start DateJune 2013
Contract Type6-month contract
GM R.

GM R.South East Queensland, QLD

Deplorable service

Cannot count the number of calls made to try & fix slow speed & drop outs. Case manager was disinterested in problem & rude. Paid $230 for setup then $60 each month for no service with speeds hovering around 0.8mbps. Would never use again.

Start DateOctober 2017
frank

frankGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Customer Service

Start DateJanuary 2018

Hyglen

HyglenSydney, NSW

Shocking customer service and follow up

Installation fine but my god if you have a problem, they are shocking, wait times are endless and often disconnected, have wasted hours calling them waiting for reposnses and solution at times has even taken more than a month.

Start DateJanuary 2010
Yann P

Yann PSydney, NSW

Terrible connection

Appalling experience. My connection drops every 5 seconds. Impossible to reliably use TPG ADSL even though I am using a high-end router purchase separately. I ended up connecting my laptop to my 3G smartphone, which is quicker and more reliable.

Start DateAugust 2010
Tepp K.

Tepp K.South East Queensland, QLD

Awful..... This is not even a service...

One word..awful call centre corespondents.
Never have had this awful experience before in my life..

My first time spending my time writing bad review.

What happened(haven’t been solved) was well written by other people as well. Never ever recommend this awful services to anyone in aus.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Adequate Speeds Yes
Mr Lynch

Mr Lynch

Unbelievable incompetent customer service

Ralph

Ralph

The management of TPG have contempt for their customers. Service is a crackly line to the Philippines.

Expect to speak to a person in the Philippines on a barely audible line after TPG cuts off your internet accidently. After they promise to fix the issue in 48 hours expect to be on hold for hours and hours 5 days later with only incompetent Filipinos to speak to. The management hide and never get involved. They have contempt for customers as evidenced by outsourcing service and tech support to the Philippines. Online chat is handled by smug weasels who think it is all so tiresome for them.