TPG Broadband ADSL

TPG Broadband ADSL

1.7 from 2,521 reviews

• Adequate Speeds Yes (19%) · No (81%)

Barry

BarryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Zero customer service.

Customer support is now only available via Online Chat or email. I am trying to cancel my account but am not receiving a response from either of these. It seems this is very common. Their automated email response indicated a one working day response time...but nothing. The online chat service is TERRIBLE. The agents will just end the chat mid-conversation...once they are done, so are you! I am so glad that I have ditched this company for a better provider, who even now, can be contacted by phone with just a few minutes wait.

They then reply to reviews on here telling people to post details on community.tpg.com.au, where any threads related to cancellation, of which there are many, are simply ignored.

Start DateApril 2014
Andrew T.

Andrew T.Sydney, NSW

Terrible customer service with Terrible internet services

In the best of times, TPG internet connection is below the average connection speed. Whevever there is a problem, they left you high and dry and there were a number of times I was without internet connections for 2 weeks each time! I had it with them and changed to another provider.

Start DateAugust 2016

Very back customer service

Not contactable through online chat or phone support. Will move away from them soon. 0 Star rating for them :( Very bad internet connection at my place and unable to get a response.

Start DateJanuary 2020

Find out how TPG Broadband ADSL compares to other Internet Service Providers

Not recommended very bad customer service

Zero rating not contacting online chat or helpline number i already informed for cancellation of my tpg service and after that they creadit my account balance even I don’t have balance in my account. And I have no money in this virus time and know my account balance -40$ please don’t take any plan from this doggy tpg service and lazy tpg customer service

Contract Type24-month contract

Vaih P.

Vaih P.South East Queensland, QLD

TERRIBLE

Experiencing drop out every day at approx. 8:30am. Customer service, NBN service CHAT is very poor. They keep sending generic answer without replying correctly. It seems to be a copy/paste or a robot chatting. NOT RECOMMENDING TPG

Lucy

LucyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service and internet I've ever experienced!!

Internet speed .06 download and .23 upload (3rd week in a row), 1 hour wait to 'chat' to TPG help desk only to be transferred to a different department.I'm currently on hold for over 3 hours waiting to talk to someone! I have also sent 3 emails and 6 other attempts to contact the customer service team.
After 2 1/2 weeks of trying to fix or upgrade the service I am giving up!

Worst Service Ever!!!!

Don't bother with TPG

Sydneysider2020

Sydneysider2020Sydney, NSW

No support. Cancelled phone support due to covid. They are a telecom! It's also impossible to get them on chat.

No phone support available. Referred to chat. The chat is always busy. I'm trying to contact them for the fourth time for a pre covid problem. They are rubbish. I'm switching to aussie with aussie call center

Start DateJanuary 2020
Data TypeUnlimited Data

bad speed, unreachable customer service, what more can i ask?

i had 2 accounts with TPG - (1) home NBN in Geelong (2) business ADSL2 in Melbourne - both are bad download speed, regular dropouts and extremely slow upload speed, called many times, couldn't have those issues fixed and also unable to cancel the contract.

Chris M.

Chris M.South East Queensland, QLD

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

I am very disappointed with the way TPG treat their customers. I've been trying to get in touch with them for the past 2 weeks and many time the phone just disconnect. Even when someone picks up after a minimum of 1 hour of waiting, they just disconnect the phone for no reason and not even attempt to call back. I am getting a new provider who cares about their customers even if it means paying more. Very disappointed!!

Start DateJanuary 2014

Skj

SkjGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor customer service, tech support that can’t help

Stephen L.

Stephen L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible speeds and even worse customer service! They know it’s so bad they ignore you when you want to cancel.

There is no online form to cancel.
Customer service via live chat does not respond.
Online community conveniently ignores cancellation requests.
Adsl2 speeds often 8mbps or below
I will never use them again

Ben

BenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Difficult times, failing telco

During the COVID pandemic, a telco company should be thriving and putting on extra staff with the rush for home internet connections. Instead, there is no one to call, no one answering chats, no one responding to emails, and no internet to enable working from home. Times like these sort out the poor from the good, TPG is poor to say the least. Not reliable, uncontactable. 3 hours on hold and counting.

Reshaat

ReshaatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

10+ year customer cheated

Data TypeCapped Data
Simon A.

Simon A.South East Queensland, QLD

• ADSL

Unable to cancel my ADSL Service and Staff on online chat are rude.

I have been with TPG ADSL for over 3 years, I am not under contract, yet I am unable to cancel my service.
For the past 2 weeks I cant get through to their phone support, however I am redirected to use the online chat. I emailed them to cancel, which they have not responded too.

I have initialed numerous online chat sessions, with the TPG operator closing the chat session without even speaking to me.

Terrible customer service.

Start DateJanuary 2017

Hi SimonA,

We’re sorry to hear that you wish to cancel your service with us. Please reach us @ community.tpg.com.au so we can further check regarding to your cancellation request.

Michael Schafer

Michael SchaferSouth East Queensland, QLD

TPG continues to provide a very very poor level of internet connection less than 1 Mbps in other words useless.

It is April 2020 and TPG has not improved my level of internet service since November 2019 despite my regular complaints to TPG ie currenty mostly less than 1 Mbps

Start DateFebruary 2018
Contract Type24-month contract

Hi Michael,

It is unusual that a technical fault took this long to resolved. Please reach us @ Community.tpg.com.au so we can further investigate what has happened.

Aline C.Sydney, NSW

Not good at all

I’ve been with TPG for over a year and did not have a good experience. I’ve been trying to cancel my account for days without any success. Not happy at all

Start DateJanuary 2019
Aline C.

Ita not available. My phone number is +61434937870 and I need someone to cancel my account ASAP. I moved out on the 9th of March and its been over a month Ive been trying to cancel my account without any success.

No internet. Wife about to give birth. Working from home.

I placed an nbn order and TPG cut me off as soon as I did. I am using mobile data and burning through it. No help from online support. Disgraceful

Mike
Mike
Ian

IanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I cant even cancel my account now that I've gone with someone else for nbn

This is the absolute worst customer service you will ever experience!
Avoid this company like the plague!

They have moved to online chat only with no phone chat ever since the corona virus outbreak, but the problem is the chat system is just saying "Our team members are currently serving other customers. We appreciate your patience. Please try again later." and not loading.

Just cancel my god damn account!

TPGTPG

terrible connection and dreadful customer support, we want out

Connection is slow at the best of times, drops out frequently, almost completely dysfunctional at peak times - and we live in the inner city, not rural or remote. Customer service is terrible - once I eventually got onto someone via chat support, 30 min later I'm still waiting for a "connection" to the right person. They just completely stopped responding for 20 min (and counting) mid-chat, another staff person closed the chat before resolving the issue and I had to wait all over again. We want to cancel the account, and we can't even get on to someone to arrange this.

Start DateJune 2017
Data TypeCapped Data
Sean T.

Sean T.Sydney, NSW

5 months of little to no internet, can’t cancel

Me and my wife have been trying to cancel our TPG account for the past 10 days. We have had little to no internet from November lasted year. I have lost count of how many times we have contacted TPG and the amount of tickets we have lodged. You battle to get through to them when you do call. We were promise to be refunded by TPG in January for all the months we didn’t have internet, still waiting. Frustrated and disgusted with the their service. Stay clear of them.

Start DateApril 2019