TPG Broadband ADSL

TPG Broadband ADSL (page 4 of 128)

1.6 from 2,554 reviews

1.6

2,555 reviews
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (19%) · No (81%)

Wendy L.

Wendy L.Sydney, NSW

charge fee without service

Bradley

BradleyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Will do anything to squeeze another dollar out of you

Internet was fine, not extremely fast but no issues with the service.

The billing and terms however are aimed at getting every cent out of their customers. Beware! They will charge you for prepaid phone credits that you don’t want and can’t get refunded and force you to pay for 30 more days when you decide to leave. The contract with TPG is not one that you want to accept without reading, read it very carefully so you can be prepared for all the ways they will try to screw you.

Pretty terrible offshore customer “service” as well. Won’t be signing up with TPG again if my life depended on it.

Lisete D.

Lisete D.Sydney, NSW

Wish I could give 0 stars

We haven't had internet since early February. Multiple times they have given us dates on when our service will be restored and each time that date would come, they would tell us that they needed to extend the date due to complex repairs. This morning a technician was supposed to come to our house. We received a call saying that a technician was on site. I've been home all morning, nobody has been here. Now due to COVID-19 they have gone from providing phone support to online live chat. I have been on the online live chat for two hours with no response. That is not what live means.
Stay away from TPG! And all this time and they are still charging us for internet and our phone when we have neither working.

Gus

Gus

Appalling customer service - will never use again

I spent two days on online chat with more than six different reps. At one point I ended up chatting to an iiNet rep, who tried to sell me an iiNet product! None of them was willing to provide a solution to the problem that I was experiencing. I was promised a telephone call from a supervisor. That call never came. Now I can't even connect with TPG to terminate my service. I cannot in good conscience recommend TPG to anyone.

Hi Gus,

We understand how frustrating it must have been for you and we apologise for the negative experience. Please reach us @ community.tpg.com.au we are keen to resolve your account issue.

Never go with TPG services

The most terrible internet of TPG the worst worst worst company with no customer service no trouble shoot for internet no solution for network issues. Having problem from 2 month but they always have excuse of nasty wire problems.

PhoebeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service non-existent, internet average

We had lots of issues with TPG and received poor customer service when issues did arise. Our service dropped out several times and it took many days to fix when things like this happened. To get a refund for the days when we had no service was like pulling teeth!

I would not recommend this company.

Worst company ADSL internet

Very bad customer service and the internet i am paying i even not get benifit for one day . Low quality internet SDSL, no customer service. Recommend not to go with this company in future. Waste of money and time.

Rodrigo M.

Rodrigo M.Sydney, NSW

IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL

After setting it all up on the website, I received an e-mail telling us that "We regret to inform you that we are unable to proceed with your ADSL2+ with Home Phone application."
I proceeded on my search for a provider, found one, got my internet, and then a few days later, TPG sent us an e-mail proceeding with payments and installation. I've been on the chat all day long, and they leave me hanging for hours on chat trying to cancel the service. Still trying until now.

Where are you TPG?

Been placed on hold for hours on end before giving up.
Their live chat doesn't work. Either get no reply or the chat is closed for without reason.
Been trying for days now.

Donnie

DonnieSydney, NSW

No proper tech support

We've been waiting for more than 4 weeks. Their services really disappointing big time. Their tech support is not even accurate, they did not fix the issue until now and its very fraustrating for WFH this time on edgrcliff area and they have the gal to promote their service on media, so disgusted.

cobberGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible customer service, hard to get someone to talk to

Very slow internet speed ( TPG test site reading was 4.7mbps ) bad customer service, very hard to get a PERSON to talk to about my complaint, after 2 weeks without internet they finally fixed the problem.. it seems to work ok for now but im looking for another provider.

cobber

Our problem began before the covid 19 outbreak, thats why I am so angry with TPG.

Dawnw

DawnwGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Consistently unsatisfactory

Been with tpg on and off for 5 years, currently my house is very close to the tpg offices (100m away) yet my speeds are always under 2mbps and it takes over 12days to get a technician out to check the lines. Customer service always calls me during the day even though I request email only (I work a job where I can't answer the phone) and their response is always so sub-par. I've tried cancelling my account and have been given the run around for two months.

Muhammad Farhan

Muhammad FarhanSydney, NSW

Crap customer service

Frequent internet disconnection low speed.
When engage the customer service they say everything is ok and fixed which is total nonsense as internet still keeps dropping.

They deserve 30 dollar a month max for this crap service and frequently interrupted service

Ahassan

Ahassan

Extremely poor customer service.

My internet was out for 3 weeks. They promised to reimburse but they never did. Slow internet connection. ADSL2 only get between 7-10 Mbps. Awful. I am up for upgrade now, I'll be sure to stay away from TPG and iinet.

Rex M

Rex MSydney, NSW

Poor customer service

Welcome to TPG! I signed up recently and realised I needed a bigger plan so attempted to alter my plan online. I received an error message (see attached image) at the final confirmation screen. This happened on multiple attempts. I called support to alter my plan and was recommended to use the online chat agent. The chat agent told me to send an email to tpg. I've sent the email and no confirmation of receipt or response has been received in 24 hours. I feel like altering plans should be something easily accessible online not something I should have wasted 60 mins of my time for still with no resolution.

Bob yuan

Bob yuanSouth East Queensland, QLD

• ADSL

So trash, not worth the savings

Worst service provider for mobiles, forgot to send out my SIM card, then refused to transfer my number to Telstra. Total waste of time and space, really not cool service

Dickinson head

Dickinson headSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waiting for 2 hours for someone to talk to me or even chat on line.what a joke

TPG had a maintenance shut down last night.
Now I have no system.
And No one wants to talk to me or answer any questions on line
All you hear is a voice message telling us how good they arr

TPGTPG

Hi Dickinson, we apologise that you were having difficulties reaching our customer service team.

Please reach us @ community.tpg.com.au we are keen to assist you resolving your issue.

Mike Paul

Mike PaulSydney Surrounds, NSW

TPG: a customer service shame

julie

julieSydney

• ADSL

Dishonest company. No internet for 6 weeks. Promise fix but do not deliver. Beware

This is my 3rd review as I am keen to update anyone considering signing up with TPG. 6 weeks without internet. Multiple promises that it would be fixed. I have spent days on the phone (on hold for over an hour every time) and waiting for technicians over the weekend that never show up. TPG continue to charge my credit card and have not answered my last 8 emails. COVID19 and the need to begin working from home places me in a situation where I have no internet to do this and will loose my job. Absolutely unreliable internet since day 1 (September 2019) and zero customer service.

Nimish batra

Nimish batraSydney, NSW

Worst connection

I got adsl 2+ but won’t believe I can’t even watch one tv in wifi network the 2 hours movie takes 3 hours plus to watch with. No phones, tablets or anything else on wifi just one smart tv and that even doesn’t work never recommend to any one crap network