TPG Broadband

TPG Broadband Questions & Answers

ADSL, NBN, Fibre To The Building (FTTB)
1.7 from 4,721 reviews

64 questions from our users

Ur Anidiot

Ur Anidiotasked

I'm in awe.

How are your internet speeds and customer service so consistently shit?

I mean, I couldn't get on your level of shittiness even if I tried really hard.

Lorraine

Lorraineasked

NBN 50

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!
Save yourself the hassle and go with another provider. I paid for top speed internet and was only receiving 20mbps, I had a nightmare experience only calling tech support only to be told that the engineer was going to call me back and I don’t need to pay my monthly cost until the engineer called - 4 weeks later, corona virus hits and still no call back, but I recieved a disconnection email AFTER they disconnected my services, they sent all their call centre staff home and opened up chat, I spent 9 hours in total waiting to be connected with someone only to be transferred via chat to 4 other departments because no one could understand why it was disconnected yet the notes stated clearly that engineer will call and all payments on hold. After 4 hours on the phone I got in touch with the rude engineer who couldn’t tell me why I wasn’t called and WHY they disconnected it but that I would need to pay the $99 start up fee (only connected 2 months ago) because my account is closed and can’t be reopened, and after requesting to speak with his supervisor to waive the fee, he “put me on hold” to “speak with supervisor” only to hang up on me, and then what do you know they are not taking calls. Literally worst company, I reconnected with a new company within an hour and my internet is back up and running with a new provider. Will never go with tpg again.

Severina P.asked

Why are your employees so incompetent?
Meant to be dealing with case managers who would be suited working at McDonald's...

Kim007
Kim007

Imagine without internet since 2nd Feb!!! Unbelievable!!!

Severina P.

I feel your pain. We've been trying to get access since moving into a new house in late January. We must be dealing with the same dropout.. After making contact with NBN services, they were on my doorstep the following day.. Yet this mob couldn't organise themselves if their lives depended on it.

TPG
TPGTPG

Hi Severina,

We apologise that your NBN installation was delayed.

While in many cases there is a smooth installation but we apologise that this was not your experience. We acknowledge the complexity of certain installations which can lead to unforeseen delays and sometimes additional appointments to complete the final installation, for which all internet providers are reliant upon NBN Co.

In your case we have been advised by NBN Co that additional wiring issue is required at your premises and you will need to hire a private technician.
After we have been notified that the wiring issue has been fixed the installation was further delayed due to NBN network shortfall and we do apologise on this.

After escalating this further to NBN Co we have confirmed that your installation date is on the 2nd March and installation was completed on the day.

If you have further issue regarding to your service please feel free to contact us.

Boniface K.

Boniface K.asked

NBN 50

I made an application for a new nbn service early this year on a 18 month contract.so far i have only received the modem.is it possible to cancel the contract since it is taking forever to be connected and bad reviews on your products?i think i made a terrible mistake by applying for your nbn.complains from phone calls and emails have provided no solution.

David
David

I have no contract and can not rid myself of TPG. So, best of luck ...

Houssam A.

Houssam A.asked

Fibre To The Building (FTTB)

what is (FTTB - RES) in telecommunications TERMS? yes i know what FTTB & FTTH but I don't know what is RES

mallymuffasked

Do you have to TPG notice if terminating their services?

Kevin Liao
Kevin Liao

Unfortunate, 30 days.

thanks Kevin

mallymuffasked

Do you have to TPG notice if terminating their services?

Annonymous
Annonymous

Graeme w.

Graeme w.asked

Can you transfer from your home to another one when you sell the first one

Val
Val

Hi Graeme,
.It all depends on the T&C of your contract.You need to talk to TPG. I'm not working for them. I just used to be a customer.

noochdog

noochdogasked

When will tpg enable our reconnection on the sunshine coast.......4 hours shut down easter monday...had troubles with telstra over the years..never bad as this...we will go back to telstra as soon as the contract has finished.

ridhuankim
ridhuankim

Did you make the move to Telstra? Because I am trying to escape from Telstra and checking if TPG would be the place to go... seems like the NBN itself is the disaster.

David G.
David G.

stay right away from TPG

bobbysdad

bobbysdadasked

Why don't TPG respond to any questions or comments made here? From all of the reviews posted here at productreview.com.au, they are about the worst ISP of all. Why do people still sign up with them? They should be ashamed of themselves. Are there any TPG reps out there reading this? Please tell us, why should we sign up with you? Will your service EVER get better?

Mac
Mac

That's because majority of us only care about cheap price nbn but not much about the after sale service. That is why tpg is soon to be number 2 largest internet provider!

Freddy
Freddy

exetel is 15% cheaper a month and has a 40% cheaper setup fee

tpg is a bit of a nightmare, just wait for the endless calls, emails and sms' when it comes time to disconnect, enjoy

PtDaFool
PtDaFool

If you want decent customer service and are actually prepared to pay for it, then go with aussie broadband. If you want cheap plan prices, stop expecting good customer service, as you can't have both these days. Sad, but true. TPG only cares about their bottom line, and their plans and customer service reflect this.

Oscar

Oscarasked

I was using tpg. Dodo marketing called me and i changed my service to dodo because their offers were better. Dodo customer service told me that i dont have to contact tpg to cancel because it will cancel automatically. So i didn't call to cancel tpg. 6 months later i realised that i am getting charged from dodo and tpg for 6 months. What should i do and who is at fault? Can anyone suggest?

Razer

TPG advised on phone today, that the only way to cancel service is to send email to cancel@tpg.com.au and that process to refund money can go for 2 months. I have done it today and I am waiting.

Razer

I have found another email on net for cancellation. adsl_cancel@tpg.com.au also good to read A broadband horror story from TPG at https://independentaustralia.net/business/business-display/a-broadband-horror-story-from-tpg,5386

marg

margasked

IF I buy an nbn50 bundle with $10 voice bundle, can I later add the mobile plan to my bundle?

johnshen

johnshenasked

Don’t touch TPG, when you start contact, they charge
you extra $20 fees, when you finished contact, because
Speed slow, they charge you notice period 30 days!
Out contact what this charge for? Bad!

Razer

The same here. So far they charged for two months for almost none existent service (dial-up speed)

oga

ogaasked

can i retain my tpg email address if i port out my internet to other provider?

TF
TF

Not sure but I doubt it.

Razer

Never use providers emails for the same reason. Use one of the net email providers. Gmail is still the most popular but there are hotmail and yahoo.

Lee

Leeasked

I have a TPG-KAQ7-EXT come near me with full bars on accasions what is it?

Pierre

Pierreasked

Our apartment block is due to be connected in the next few months with FTTB. Our Council of Owners and building manager are dragging their feet in finding out what will be required for individual owners to connect to the new service - was wondering whether each owner can choose their own ISP or will the whole complex have to connect to one ISP and we all use that same ISP?
Seems like a fairly basic question but haven't been able to get an answer yet.

P

Max

Maxasked

Has anyone in Tamworth connected to TPG on broadband data. Any problems

Ray M
Ray M

Look at the reviews o this site

Its seems TPG is pretty bad where ever you are

Winnie

Winnieasked

Our Internet is with TPG and our phone line is with Telstra at the moment. Not sure which one to go for if we want to switch to NBN. If we go for Telstra for both internet and phone line, do we need to change our email address?

pinkcarnation101
pinkcarnation101

Tpg is optus using telstra lines go with telstra.

Ron
Ron

None! Go with Aussie Briadband instead. That's if you want a congestion free internet service and first class support service.

S123
S123

Avoid TPG. Just enjoy what you have

Jake

Jakeasked

Telstra, TPG or Optus, etc? In Geelong/Vic area, what ISP should I use?

Moonobserver
Moonobserver

Hi Jake, I'm from Sydney so I do not have an answer for you. Maybe Telstra? TPG and Optus are essentially the same.

Emily

Emilyasked

What's going on with home phone activation via NBN. I had my NBN installation on 21/June but 3 weeks later, I still have not my home phone connected. I called TPG support numerous times and every time the call gets transferred at least twice. But I still cannot talk to "THE CASE MANAGER" which was supposed assigned to this case. Where can I go to get this issue fixed?

Jason
Jason

Sorry I don't work for TPG so I am unable to answer questions about there docile antics, ignorance or pathetic attitudes, best call them or the telecommunications ombudsman., if yo uask me get rid of them, if they cant provide a service go elsewhere its that simple.

QLDZDR
QLDZDR

As far as phone over NBN issues, we complained and complained and they stalled and stalled until something was changed up the line for something else and our problem seems to be less of a problem. Keep lodging your complaint and do it in writing. Demand replies in writing and don't let them close your support ticket number without giving them a 'shame on you' lecture. Send all that correspondence to the billing and contracts department with your requests for compensation and send a copy to the telecommunications ombudsmen, because they have to respond or it costs them money.
They can say they don't have a department by that name, but it doesn't matter.

Get an answer from our members and TPG representatives

Other Internet Service Providers