Listing monitored by TPG

78 questions from our users

Stephen T.asked
5G Home Broadband

is there a combined mobile and 5g home?
a bundle

Paul Price
Paul Price

I guess but not for us

TPGTPGSend a private message

Hi Stephen T., There's currently no bundle deal for our 5G Home Broadband and Mobile service, but if you sign up with any of our broadband service, the 5G Home Broadband included, we'll offer you a discounted price for your mobile sim plan.

Stephen T.

Can you provide more detail via pm or email?

Vivian L.
Vivian L.asked
5G Home Broadband

Just move to TPG 5G Home Broadband. But the internet is not stabilize and some times no internet connection. Even they give one month free and $5 more cheaper then Nbn. I still want to change back again.

D O.asked
5G Home Broadband

Why dropout happens quite often?

Hi D O.

Connection drop outs can be due to a number of reason, send us an email at tpgcommunity@tpg.com.au providing your account details and we'll have our technical team call you to check what's going on to sort things out.

Acc 1192692778

TPGTPGSend a private message

Our technical team will be calling you today to help with your issue. For the security of your account please remove your previous post.

Colin Johansonasked
TPG Broadband

Is the TPG supplied modem locked for NBN and/or Phone use?

Hoggo1951
Hoggo1951

Different modems I believe. Ask TPG, good lunch getting them to answer your query.

Josh4001asked
NBN

On the 9th of February 2022, I relocated to a different house and moved my TPG NBN service over. New house has existing NTD. It’s now the 23rd of February and no connection.

Is it normal for it to take 2 weeks to establish a new connection?

TPGTPGSend a private message

Hi Josh4001, activation of the service will depend on what works is still needed for the service to be connected to the network. Send us an email at tpgcommunity@tpg.com.au with your account details and we'll have this checked.

Tanzeel K.
Tanzeel K.asked
Home Wireless Broadband

I am planning to buy TPG wireless broadband. Can any one tell me how is wireless experience. Thanks

Anant
Anant

You will regret, go somewhere else

dan a.
dan a.

I moved to 5G home wireless from NBN, while Speediest says I had good speed, working from home and kids home learning we experienced lagging and very slow uploads. We're back to NBN

Roh D.
Roh D.

Internet dropping out will be a part of your life. No internet for 10 days from 24th Dec but charged whole month.
The speed is also terrible.

RALPH DOWNES
RALPH DOWNESasked

mi speed has slowdown to 25, not 50 why I see you have not taken out a payment
drew 13th why do I have to get a new provider please let me know

Andrea G
Andrea Gasked
TPG Broadband

Very disrespectful company with deceiving practices like the $20 ‘prepayment” towards a home phone that was not requested or used, that therefore you can never use. It is a fee by another deceptive name.

Veronica P.
Veronica P.

Totally agree I have left them and having trouble getting my money reimbursed

Jaymin B.
Jaymin B.asked
NBN 50/20 (Standard Plus)

How good is it for online gaming ? I usually play GTA 5 on laptops and PubG mobile on iphone. I had vodafone serivices before the speed numbers were good on speed test but for some reason ping was way too high in the game. Game worked fine on telstra mobile net or at my friends, but not on vodafone mobile internet. On same nbn I had dodo provider a week ago and the ping was really great. I just want to make sure same does not happen again with my next internet provider.

Alex W.
Alex W.asked
TPG Broadband

Worst support service. Ever.
Do not recommend signing up with this company at all. They’ve poured all their resources into their sales team.

I’m moving house in 6 days time, so I wanted to move house with my current connection.
Naturally, I organised this BEFORE moving, because I want internet connection to be seamless.
To do it on the phone, they don’t tell you how long you’ll be waiting, but this voice cuts in and out between the awful music to let you know that you can do it online.
So, I go online, wait 30 minutes in a queue and finally start a chat with someone and advise them I need help. He gives me an email address and tells me to email the relocation team for assistance, or I can do it myself online. Apparently “Move Home with Chat” is only an information service, but I can call and do it, if I need help. That chat conversation took 25 minutes, where the advisor copy/pasted things that I could have googled, if I knew the chat service was an information line.
So, I email that team, and get a response the next day, advising that I can do it myself online, or call.

So, last night, after having tried calling many times, but sick of being on hold, I went online. There’s a video there that tells you you can do it online, really easily. Your connection stays active at your address until you move the modem. Easy! (Not)
You have to sign in 3 times, and put in your new address 2 or 3 times too. There’s 9 steps, but the 9th step is just informing you if the registration has been successful. There is nowhere to say what day you’re moving in, and when you no longer need connection at your exisiting address.

So, this morning, I wake early to start working from home - relying solely on the internet to do this.
No internet connection!
I lodge a fault, and also call. I’m put on hold for a seriously long time, for the advisor to come and go and ask inane questions. She says that she’ll call back in 1 hour.
1.5hours go by, with no call. I can’t even call TPG, because their phone lines are too busy and maybe I should try online - yeah right, I think.
2 hours have gone by since TPG said they’d call, and I finally got the call, only to be told that the service had already moved to my new address, and that customer service would ring me ASAP to resolve this. It’s been 1.5 hours and I still don’t have internet, but I’ve just got a text message, letting me know that my service is now ACTIVE! Of course, it’s active at the new address, where I don’t live yet.

It’s now been 3 days and I’ve not heard back from TPG.

melodymouse00
melodymouse00

This happened to me this week! They are criminal. I have no internet and work from home. Extraordinary situation

Dennis Ahn
Dennis Ahn

This happened to me today...

Chelle
Chelle

Moving house with TPG is the worst. I've done it twice and it doesn't get easier.

Moe
Moeasked
NBN 50/20 (Standard Plus)

TPG is useless - no one answers the phone for tech support. Live chat just keeps going in circles. 24 hrs and counting w/o internet, I am going to contact TIO about this as this is just pathetic

DesineGuy
DesineGuy

Totally agree.....no support at all.

Minh N.
Minh N.

Exactly what happened to me... these company couldn’t give a sh*t after they sign you up.

Dum Asz
Dum Aszasked

Hey TPG.

How is your internet so terrible?

Phil
Phil
Simon chiu
Simon chiuasked
TPG Broadband

How to change nbn phone number

Bronwyn L.
Bronwyn L.asked
NBN 12/1 (Basic)

for NBN 12 is the maximum speed 12mbps or does it depend where you live

Ur Anidiot
Ur Anidiotasked

I'm in awe.

How are your internet speeds and customer service so consistently terrible?

I mean, I couldn't get on even if I tried really hard.

Lorraine
Lorraineasked

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!
Save yourself the hassle and go with another provider. I paid for top speed internet and was only receiving 20mbps, I had a nightmare experience only calling tech support only to be told that the engineer was going to call me back and I don’t need to pay my monthly cost until the engineer called - 4 weeks later, corona virus hits and still no call back, but I recieved a disconnection email AFTER they disconnected my services, they sent all their call centre staff home and opened up chat, I spent 9 hours in total waiting to be connected with someone only to be transferred via chat to 4 other departments because no one could understand why it was disconnected yet the notes stated clearly that engineer will call and all payments on hold. After 4 hours on the phone I got in touch with the rude engineer who couldn’t tell me why I wasn’t called and WHY they disconnected it but that I would need to pay the $99 start up fee (only connected 2 months ago) because my account is closed and can’t be reopened, and after requesting to speak with his supervisor to waive the fee, he “put me on hold” to “speak with supervisor” only to hang up on me, and then what do you know they are not taking calls. Literally worst company, I reconnected with a new company within an hour and my internet is back up and running with a new provider. Will never go with tpg again.

Severina P.asked
TPG Broadband

Why are your employees so incompetent?
Meant to be dealing with case managers who would be suited working at McDonald's...

Kim007
Kim007

Imagine without internet since 2nd Feb!!! Unbelievable!!!

Boniface K.
Boniface K.asked
NBN 50/20 (Standard Plus)

I made an application for a new nbn service early this year on a 18 month contract.so far i have only received the modem.is it possible to cancel the contract since it is taking forever to be connected and bad reviews on your products?i think i made a terrible mistake by applying for your nbn.complains from phone calls and emails have provided no solution.

David
David

I have no contract and can not rid myself of TPG. So, best of luck ...

Dot
Dot

They cancelled my contract for me, after I tried to rescheduling an NBN technician appointment.
Good luck.

Josh4001

Same boat, I’m not locked into a contract and have been begging TPG to disconnect me. Apparently there is an account ‘issue’ and they can’t cancel it. I can only imagine what it’s like for locked in customers, god speed.

Houssam A.
Houssam A.asked
Fibre To The Building (FTTB)

what is (FTTB - RES) in telecommunications TERMS? yes i know what FTTB & FTTH but I don't know what is RES

mallymuffasked
TPG Broadband

Do you have to TPG notice if terminating their services?

Kevin Liao
Kevin Liao

Unfortunate, 30 days.

thanks Kevin

Get an answer from our members and TPG representatives

Other Internet Service Providers