Trackimo

Trackimo

See the Best Handheld GPS Units in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Small, strong, secure attachment, accurate readings.

The device works well, even under the car body. I tried various locations on the vehicle, I found the accuracy to be within about 10-15 feet. This was true when located under the trunk, under the swing arm, under the engine block, and under the front passenger seat area. I even mounted it under the tow bar frame ( 3/8" plate ) and the little unit performed without a problem. You should definitely purchase the magnetic attachment and silicon case: it kept the GPS unit clean, dry and instantly attaches to any steel surface. I got the double rare earth magnet case, and the unit held securely to the undercarriage when driving across rough roads and speed bumps. I would purchase this item again.

Great for tracking cars and kids

Perfect for tracking a child. Just put it in their backpack and off they go. I don't use the app to track, just use the browser on my phone and it's great. When not being used for that, I put it in the console of my car and keep it plugged in. It definitely works as advertised. I have no complaints. Customer service was prompt -- but I only needed to change the credit card number for my monthly service fee. I didn't have any problems with the unit itself.

Do not subscribe yearly, they will continue to debit/not respond after unit does not work/do not need it!

Bunch of con artists - debit after year is up regardless of not subscribing. No communication about renewal - do not give them your account/card details. They do not respond to emails, had to cancel card to stop them...local agent refers to usa. Units fail after a few months.

They take your money and ...

Have had my device ordered at beginning of June 2018. Its now 11 July 2018 and still nothing sent numerous emails with a very slow response with excuses. At the moment I am a very unhappy customer and my next course of action will be to PayPal to get a refund. Have looked at a number of other sites in Australia and they have all been very helpful. Would I order from Trackimo Australia again - not on your life at this point of time. Maybe I am being a bit tough and they are experiencing problems but what more can I say.

a bit more...

Noticed on all the reviews that the ones with 5 stars have had no ticks as being helpful
the ones with less than 2 stars have many ticks
Makes you wonder about the 5 star ratings as to whether they are genuine or just made up

13/7/2018 Received email stock has arrived and will be sent on Tuesday 17/7/2018
Item arrived 23/7/2018 and is now activated and looking good
Will possibly order 2 more in the future depending on how well this goes over time

I just changed from 1 Star rating to 5 Stars ( things are starting to look up now)
Tracker is now here and installed, having problems with tracker connecting to the 3G network

Contacted support 25/7/2018 who were great. Ended up buying and install a 3G repeater (not cheap but required due to weak 3G signal.

1/8/2018 Tracker is now working and i could not be happier, its simple and basic and all is now good

Would i buy another, YES is the answer

Great product

Trackimo is the best ever it is super accurate, the price is super good
It is excellent I love it
Is the best
I love my trackimothey have great customer service

No customer service at all

Same as a lot of other reviews. They have sold 2g TRACKIMO to people in Australia knowing there is no coverage. Try and get a refund and they don’t care at all.

Hidden costs on sale of new Trackimo devices (sold since year 2016).

This item was purchased on the Australian Trackimo web site.

It is sold as a device which can be attached to possessions eg such as cars they also claim it can be attached to pets and even elderly people with dementia.

The item did not work from the outset. Although sold in Australia and also package for three units at a discount price of $599 with 12months subscription for mobile phone coverage ie contains a SIM card.

It is described on the Australian website as usable anywhere in the world - and obviously being sold in Australia would also mean usable in Australia.

It was discovered the three package device purchased on the Trackimo Australian website each with 12 months subscription works did not work. The reason is that it is sold with only 2G network access. 2G mobile access does not exist in Australia having being taken out of service in 2016 and replaced by 3G.

The Trackimo web site for this particular device package - clearly states, it is global, Tracks anywhere, in real time tracking. Free 12 Months Global GPS + GSM (subscription. There is other further description on the web site which leads a purchaser to believe it would in Australia. BUT it does not.

On contacting Trackimo Australia they said they could upgrade the units for a further $119 so that it would work in Australia on the 3g network. They clearly know that the new (after 2016) units they sell are 2G and require immediate replacement to work in Australia.

Trackimo Australia does not recognise that it is obliged by law not to include hidden cost (eg the upgrade cost)
This is a corporate culture failing and as such trackimo devices should be avoided. This is very important if the devices are purchased for a family of three children or two elderly parents.

At the moment I am in negotiation with Trackimo and I expect they will have to agree ( or be fined) that their advertising is misleading and that hidden cost is unlawful under Australian consumer law. I would not want the company to be fined for its behavior - so I keep an open mind as to the usefulness of a Trackimo device sold in Australia for Australian condition ie mobile phone network.

I will advise in a future posting as to the item suitability once it is replaced and I have thorughly tested it in real life situations with Elderly persons with dementia, children and personal possessions. For those people who want to know about pets I will not be doing any testing with the device attached to pets.

I will also post on product review if I have had to refer Trackimo Australia to the ACCC and the NSW Government Consumer Authority. because of their intransigence in this matter.

Trackimo surpasses my expectation to a tracking device

I don’t do a lot of reviews, but i think that Trackimo does deserve one, especially for those who may need a tracking device in the future. Tip: before purchasing, you should research about the device. I checked costs, service, reliability, size, and battery life. And so far, Trackimo delivered.

I bought my Trackimo device with an install kit: the extra cost seems to be worth it so that I don’t have to deal with battery charging. I checked other third-party install kits and their separate components, but it seems safer to buy from Trackimo, if only for compatibility purposes.

Delivery: the device arrived faster than I anticipated, so kudos to Trackimo’s dispatch team and courier.

Device: Trackimo came in a nicely packaged parcel, smaller and better built than I initially thought. Even the install kit, which is a good buy at only $40 is of a higher quality than expected. At face value, I really think the device is a steal for its price.

Reliability: The device itself is of good quality. It comes with a cover with magnet that is quite strong for its size. It also comes with an alternate belt clip cover – making it flexible for use – you could attach it to a magnetic box, a car, or string the belt clip through a pet collar or a kid’s backpack.

The service is also top-notch: as long as you follow the instructions (and they’re pretty clear) you won’t have problem using the device. Once the device is registered to your account, you can manage it properly.

As for the tracking itself, when it uses GSM signals, it isn’t very accurate – around 50 feet off, but once GPS signal comes, it becomes accurate to about 20 yards off. As stated in their website, though, the tracking did improve over time (especially the more you use it) so it’s really not so bad. The battery also lasts quite a while: when I had it on 1-min intervals, it lasted around 24-36 hours, but longer when i went on a 120-min update interval.

App & Interface: The app was easy to understand, I think they use Google Maps as a third-party map provider or something. It does have a Trackimo modification, so it’s easy to use and is compatible with many software like my android tablet, smartphone, and even on the windows computer.

Costs: The device is not very cheap – but the services that come with it makes it worth the price. For instance, Trackimo sends alerts via email, you don’t have to worry about using up the SMS allocation per month. If you DO prefer SMS than Email though, there are also additional costs to increase the limit, but it’s not too bad.

Overall: Yes I would recommend trackimo to my friends and family members: Trackimo is inexpensive, reliable, and easy to use.

Inaccurate an not practicle

My wife bought me a TRACKIMO so I could check in when I'm in the backcountry, out of cell range. While the device uses gps locating, it only works when I have a cell signal. Even as a locator for a pet, child or for theft prevention, the device is far too inaccurate. It tells me right now that I am at a location ten blocks from here. A ten block radius would be very little help finding a stolen vehicle or lost pet/child. What works better with a cell signal is.....a cell phone

The tracking device is worth it!

I purchased Trackimo from Amazon for $119 and yearly up front service for free and a service renewal on the 2nd year only $5 per month. It activated perfectly and started tracking right away. I haven’t attached it to my Phantom yet, though because I wanted to see how accurate it is. Surprisingly, it worked perfectly while I took it for a test drive, and is accurate to within a few feet. For the price I got, it seems to be a very inexpensive “insurance policy” for my drone. It is also small and light enough so it does not negatively impact the drone flight.

It’s easy to charge the Trackimo with its micro USB charger. I’ve used it for a few days already and so far I haven’t run into any problems. I used the 1-minute and 5-minute intervals and it worked fine for both. I only had to attach it with a velcro and it didn’t fall off or anything like that. I have no doubt that this could work as well on my Phantom as it did in my car or in my pocket. As far as I’m concerned, this is a very good investment and quite a steal for its price.

A fairly reliable tracker for its price.

I used my Trackimo TRKM002 whenever I fly my drone, and so far, it’s excellent.

Trackimo has indicator lights that tell you whether you are connected to the cellular network or the GPS signals. The app allows me follow my device remotely. Its fastest update is at once a minute, so it’s as real-time as it gets to tracking..

It worked pretty well on the flights that I’ve used it on. In its fourth flight, my drone drifted out of sight and flew away. However, thanks to the app, I could tell where it crash-landed: close to a road on the other side of the field. We took a car and drove to where the app said it landed, and it was quite easy to locate my drone from there, hanging from a tree just slightly-off road. I love that at its price it is already fairly reliable, giving me locations as accurate as 25 yards.

Trackimo can still improve their CS

I just bought my new 2005 HONDA VT750C SHADOW
and I’ve been looking for a good GPS tracker for security purposes. I found this Trackimo brand, which has a low startup cost, and an even lower monthly ongoing cost, so I decided to give it a try.

I got the Trackimo TRKM002 GPS Tracker for 3 months now and I am fully satisfied with it, considering how much I paid for it. The company could probably improve their customer support and equip them with better service regarding issues and problems. It took a while for my CS ticket to get addressed.

However, once it was up and running, it worked very well for me. Its features, functions and tracking capabilities work great and is accurate to up to a few feet.

Trackimo save my drone

I used some heavy-duty velcro to keep my Trackimo fixed to my drone, and added a small tether to ensure that the GPS tracker does not fall off.

When I tried to take videos from my drone, I adjusted the camera too far up, so it was mostly pointing at the sky. Because of the inaccurate navigation on my end, the next thing I knew, I got the drone stuck on a tree while pointing at the sky. I pulled out my phone to check, and thankfully, Trackimo was accurate to about 30-40 ft at the time, and I was able to see the headlight from my TIANQU XS809W, so I was able to get my drone back.

Trackimo works well, is very accurate, and simple. It’s also very easy to use, which is why I recommend it to others who use drones.

The tracker is a lifesaver

"I consider the Trackimo to be a lifesaver. We are fixing our fence and our dog – a German Shepherd/Akita Mix breed escapes from time to time. However, with the device, we don’t have to worry in case he goes down the street or chases a rabbit into the backwoods. This is especially helpful because he’s pretty fast and we need help to find him.

My problem, however, is the placement of the device. If we don’t put it someplace where he can’t reach it, we get problems. First I attached it to the harness and he managed to chew it. It still worked like a charm despite the damage, though! We then attached it to a cheap key-chain and it came off when he started playing with another dog in the neighborhood. It actually works well and does not need a lot of maintenance though. Despite all this AND then getting drenched during a thunderstorm, the device still worked perfectly well – these devices are definitely made to last.

Of course, after so much going on, the wear and tear of the device is expected, so we contacted Trackimo support to ask how to get new covers. They were very friendly and responsive, so props to that as well."

The tracker works perfectly

I own several dogs, and let me tell you, they are hard work! They like running around the neighborhood and sometimes they escape the fence, so I just knew I had to get a tracker for them! I researched and was set on getting Trackimo – but I had a problem with the limited SMS alert. As it turned out, I didn’t have to worry about that. A quick email with Support told me that I can always increase my SMS limit with a cost, but since I can get notifications via email or the app for free, I won’t always need them.

Plus, I can keep track of all my dogs (and even parents and kids with Trackimo) at the same time because the app allows for registering multiple devices. Just check each as necessary! I can’t say anything bad about this device because so far, I’ve only had positive experiences with it and will definitely recommend it to anybody who needs a little peace of mind in life.

Trackimo is very helpful

Trackimo works exactly as they advertised. Plus, there’s the free 12-month subscription, so you really don’t have to worry about costs especially during the first year. It does take a while for you to get it set up, and the website does not respond fast enough regarding the setup process, however, I can let it slide because email support is usually a bit slow, anyway. Patience does get you a long way, though because once it starts tracking, it works great.

The device is small and lightweight, and so far, I have no qualms as to the length of battery life. I haven’t set up any geo fences yet, but I really think this is a great option for those with kids or with businesses. I used mine for my Phantom Drone, and Trackimo has been very helpful for those times when I overestimate my battery and the drone ends up crashing in the fields.

I am a Trackimo user

"I'm a trackimo user for 6 months now and have been satisfied with the device so far. However, my first trial with the tracker was also a fail, similar to others who purchased the device.

I was looking for GPS trackers and found Trackimo. Because of its low cost for startup. I read reviews and most of them have been positive, many said that it was a good device compared to others. So I bought two devices from the website. One for my DJI Inspire 1, and another for my Honda Grom 254. I was very upset during the first trial, it didn’t work as great as I thought it will. I went to their FAQ section and followed the instructions to get it to work. One of the devices worked flawlessly, while the other one didn’t do as well. It kept on blinking when I tried to turn the device on.

When I contacted the support team, they were helpful and told me what the problem is. They said that they will replace the device and have another one delivered. The replacement arrived within a few days (although I read that others take longer depending on where they shipped it from and to where). The replacement worked well and since then, I have been using my Trackimo devices to track my DJI Inspire and my Hondo Grom."

Be patient with the device

"I got this trackimo TRKM002 for my Mavic and got so excited to use it. However, it turns out that the device doesn't turn on. I tried to charge it for a while but got no indication that it charged so I left it for an hour because the battery may be taking a while – the same way most batteries take a long time to “wake” after it drained for so long.

I tried to contact support but they took a while to get to me, however, they were very courteous and told me that they will be replacing the battery. The new battery did arrive as planned, but when I finally turned the device on and had it activated, my next problem was the tracking – the satellite placed my device at a wrong location. When I checked the FAQs, there is a mention about the device improving it’s tracking over time, so I went outside to try to get better signals and after a while, the device started working fine.

It took about a week for me to finally be satisfied about the device, but when it was okay, I attached it to my Mavic Pro and it functioned very well – I had no problems with the device since.

The point is: be patient. Initial problems were a bit of a headache, but once the device started working, it worked seamlessly."

Buyer Beware - 2G Devices

A case of buyer beware, Trackimo.com.au is currently selling devices for a significant discount.
I recently purchased 2 devices, and the L.A. Support team in America advised both devices are 2G network devices which would explain why I was experiencing difficulty with the device. The .com.au web-site doesn't state anywhere (at this point) that the devices on sale are 2G , it may account for the cheap price. According to advice from the L.A. team if 2G network is not supported in Australia the device will not work, my understanding is that the 2G network will be completely obsolete in Australia very soon. My rating is only of the Australian supplier - non full disclosure of the product on the web-site and no after sales support.

Zero support and no delivery of second unit

This really is a bad company and a terrible product.

I ordered 2 of these for drone tracking. Only one was delivered. I emailed the company and several days later I received a one line reply which simply said, "Will be shipped tomorrow." It never arrived. Now being handled as a paypal dispute which is taking forever. As the item has no tracking number it is impossible to prove that it was never delivered so I seem to be at a stalemate with both paypal and Trackimo.

Now the one I do have does not work out of the box. No support and no answers to my emails. This is one very bad company, they take your money and do not deliver.

MY ADVICE IS IF YOU NEED A TRACKING DEVICE DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING ONE OF THESE. THIS COMPANY IS DISHONEST, HAS NO SUPPORT, THE DEVICE DOESN'T WORK AND THEY DO NOT POST PAYED FOR ITEMS.

UPDATE 28 JANUARY 2017. Paypal have decided in my favour. PROOF YOU SHOULD NOT BUY TRACKIMO.

Good day, Urgently advise, I need a tracing device for both my kids under 6 years. Reside in South Africa, will this device work on real time notification? AND in all locations? Battery life duration? can this device be hidden in clothing items like inside a jacket on backpack etc. Regards
Hi the device I purchased will not work in Australia because we do not have 2 G it will work in counties (eg Europe) where I understand 2G ia still in use. I do not know if 2G is available in S.Africa. battery life duration is Ok to allow a week of battery life being lithium they are rechargeable. the device is about the size of a matchbox - so it can be hidden I have found since better devices that work on 2G through to 4g - these are watches or pendant style - also capable of being hidden I would stay clear of trackimo as I find the seller in Australia is not reliable and actively avoids responsibility for sales and support. Go for a more global and robust tracking solution trackimo does not have the global support international buyers need.For me I had a few problems, but all is good now. Not sure as to what phone networks are in South Africa and whether what reception you have. Length of time for the tracker depends on when the device connects to the network and this is adjustable from 1 ( short battery life) minute to 120(longest battery life) minutes . Network coverage is the most important part I feel Cant say whether you should buy or not but you do need to do your homeworkGood day Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated.

Do you need a contact number for the SOS but ten or does it contact emergency services automatically [email removed]
Yes, you need a contact number. You will have to enter contact details via the app to reach an emergency contact person when you press the SOS button.