3.4

• Trip Completed Yes (4) · No (7)
  • Ease of Booking
June O

June OMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Travel Associates Glenelg South Australia

We have booked quite a few cruises and holidays through Travel Associates at Glenelg ( Adam Crossman) and at all times have found him to be very professional and helpful. He's bent over backwards ( with covid) to make sure we received all of our credits back and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone wanting to book a holiday, in or out of Australia. Getting us back home from Singapore in February after our cruise was cancelled was a prime example. After the initial phone call, he kept in contact with us and arranged everything, and for that we were very grateful. We have another 2 booked and hopefully will be able to go on them.

Booking TypeAccommodation, Cruise, Flights and Insurance
Michael A.

Michael A.South East Queensland, QLD

Never Again

Fantastic until they have received payment. After that no one wants to talk to you. Even when you follow them up and they say they will look into your queries and call you back, the call never comes.

Booking TypeAccommodation and Flights

jeffDarling Downs, QLD

etiquette

never followed thru when booking one of their customers in to a motel, consequently a booking was not made alas no room was available for their customer on the day, I can understand the customer being upset but to have a travel associates consultant ring my motel and speak to one of my employees with a unacceptable attitude and tone then to say that they would not book with my motel again !! that's fine by me as I would not like to do business with travel associates if that is how you conduct oneself

jeff

not much more to say, cannot tell you as to which office rang as they used a number that was private I cannot even give you the customers name apart from Trevor I believe

Grandpa.Ears

Grandpa.Ears

Always been very happy with them (Hampton, Vic office)

We've done a lot through Travel Associates' Hampton, Vic office and have always been very happy with their service and flexibility; even now, during COVID, when we have received a full refund of our Emirates business class flights to Europe, and _no_ $300 penalty per person. Yes, it took a while,. but it did happen. We would not hesitate to use them again (Simone and Kate in particular), and in fact still have a cruise for 2021 booked by them for us.

Booking TypeAccommodation, Cruise and Flights
HappyChap67

HappyChap67Mid North Coast, NSW

Not refunding "commission" after cancellation

Finally had notice of refund pending for cruise cancelled by operator due to pandemic
Travel agent taking over $700 "commission" . PLUS $50 Cancel fee.
Very unhappy customer, only reason keeping my peace is that they also hold a credit for a tour also cancelled.
Beware!
Will be booking direct in future.

Booking TypeAccommodation, Cruise and Tour

No 300 dollars penalty

So now your parent company has been forced to drop the 300 dollar each penalty for flightss they were forced to cancel i assume you will have to do the same or incur the wrath of the accc and your customers

Booking TypeAccommodation and Flights

KimNew South Wales

Full refund as the govenment cancelled

We have not cancelled our cruise the govenment has but travel associates is keeping $300.00 pp an have told us we have cancelled so we are not titled to a full refund but the cruise has said we are in tiled to to it's bad on the company in this point of time.

Booking TypeCruise

Woodstock31AU

Our cruise operator cancelled & they want to rip us off

We booked an Alaskan cruise through the Toorak Store. Our cruise has been cancelled by the cruise operator Holland America and are providing a full refund. Yet Travel Associates think that it is reasonable to charge us a $300pp cancellation fee! We did not cancel, the cruise operator did!
Not to mention the fact that they expect us to wait up to 12 weeks for our $!
In our T&c's it does state that if we cancel we will incur a fee, but we did not cancel.
Absolutely disgusting business conduct!

Booking TypeCruise
Woodstock31

In a time of uncertainty

At a friends recommendation, we booked our trip of a lifetime through Natasha in the Howick (Auckland) office. She was fantastic throughout. Helping us plan our trip and adding adventures and activities along the way at our request. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our plans changed, then changed again. Natasha was amazing at handling the changes and very professional throughout. Unfortunately due to the world shutting its doors, we had to eventually cancel our trip. Natasha was amazing and was not only able to refund the majority of our expenses but kept us informed all the way through the process. We will be booking our further travel with her when the time comes that we can travel freely again.

Booking TypeAccommodation, Flights, Insurance and Tour

Eric the Viking

Eric the VikingSouthern and Hills, SA

Excellent, professional & very friendly service.

8 Day Sydney Adventure. Aimee @ the Victor Harbor office was a breath of fresh air, she was sympathetic to our needs & was very professional. Everything was taken care of. She even took the trouble to confirm all our tours & transfers & check our tour arrangements in Sydney & inform us by text...all went smoothly, no problems at all. We will certainly see Aimee for all our future travel needs.
Eric & Sarah Everitt

Vic and Sue

Vic and SueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service friendly staff very professional.

We have been dealing with Rachel from Victoria Point office for several years. Have done several overseas and Australian holidays. They have always gone perfectly to plan. Rachel is very experienced offering great suggestions to make our holidays enjoyable and worry free. When having to change our travel plans an alternative was always found with no fuss. Great asset to your company.

Booking TypeAccommodation, Cruise, Flights, Insurance and Tour
Travel A.Travel Associates

Thank you so much. It is always a pleasure being part of your holiday plans and can't wait to see where the next adventure takes you. Cheers Rachel

Vicki and Greg

Vicki and GregGippsland, VIC

Professional and friendly

We have dealt with Travel Associates in Traralgon, Victoria from their beginning. Over the years we have been helped by various staff members who have all been very helpful, professional but also so friendly and easy to talk to. We holiday 2 or 3 times a year domestically and internationally. They are all very knowledgeable but also happy to research anything we required. Special acknowledgement to Peter and Ainsley. Highly recommended.

Booking TypeAccommodation, Cruise, Flights and Tour

Terrible Service

Brilliant Service

We have been dealing with Travel Associates on Brebner Drive West Lakes since they opened, the staff couldn't do enough for you, always finding and matching the best prices on deals. It was my husbands 60th Birthday last year and they even gave him a special little surprise waiting for him when we boarded our cruise. Even at the end of the year they always have a special thank you to their clients, not many travel agencies will do that. Thank you Travel Associates to Cetina and the staff for a brilliant service.

Booking TypeAccommodation, Cruise and Flights
Weetbix

WeetbixMurray Mallee, SA

I booked our once in a lifetime holiday with Sonya Miller at Norwood SA for my wife and I to the USA It included 5 air flights 3 hotels and a 7 day bus tour through 3 states and 7 days in Hawaii. It went off without a hitch. Because of Sonia we knew where we had to be and at what time to be there the transfers we booked we excellent. Thanks for the memories Sonia.

Paul

PaulTraralgon

Definitely will not use again

Not happy

We bought 4 tickets 2 adults 2 kids to go to Thailand. We gave the passport to the staff for booking. When I check our informations in the Thai airway booking website. Our information is wrong my daughter birthday wrong and the ticket is 4 adult. When I called them to change information she talk not very nice and I my daughter birthday still did not change .

Travel A.Travel Associates

Hi Kate, sorry to hear about your experience and would like to rectify the situation. Please email us on social_media@travel-associates.com.au with the details of your booking and the office you booked with. Thank you.

Kent Wong

Kent WongMelbourne

Excellent service

After bad experience with other travel agent, my friend introduced me to use Travel Associates for our next cruise holidays. I found that Jeanette LaRosa of the Chadstone shop has excellent travel knowledge and provide 5 star service. She shows great passion for her job and takes extreme care to her customers. Highly recommended to be your travel agent.

Warnie

WarnieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Service amd care about there customers

Had a booking with FC had huge problems. Got booking sent to local Travel Associates problems fixed. Will always book my holidays with these guys from now on. Never again will I got to FC.

Fandtastic, all the benefits of old fashioned service without the price tag!

I booked with Travel Associates for our Honeymoon. We booked our previous trip online and can't believe how much easier and hasslefree booking it was this time.Jane and Russell researched all the options, came up with the perfect package for us, and even cheaper than what we expected to pay. Because they work from home, I got emails and phone calls out of hours, (though not sure if they always do that?). Anyway, the Honeymoon was perfect and I will book with them every time again. Would defintely recommend to friends and family.
Service, Prices, reliability, knowledge and accessability (skype was very handy)
I live in Brisbane, they are at Ocean Shores so we couldn't meet face to face, but email and phone worhed well.

Shazza

Shazzaasked

I had my trip of a lifetime booked through Travel Associates due to Covid 19 my flights were cancelled i did not cancel the airlines cancelled. I asked my TA (travel agent)for a full refund and was told that it would cost $756.55 per person. I was also told by my TA (travel agent)that my American Airlines flights would have to be taken in credit also and not allowed a refund. Yet on FB people were getting full refunds from American Airlines? I was shocked how could you charge that much money when i had no choice i did not cancel the airline did. I read on ACCC that in these times companies should be considerate to consumers. To top it off i purchased a top of the range insurance through TA (travel agent) and quess what my trip is not covered by a Pandemic go figure !!! Yet my other travel agent i booked my cruise through were fantastic they are giving me a full refund no charges applied. I am so lucky i did not end up booking cruise through Travel Associates now as it would have been a different story. My question is now i have been advised by Travel Associates that i cannot get a refund and have had to put into credit( which i have no idea if i will ve able to do this trip in a yesrs time due to my work) I do not want to use you for my future travel as i feel you have not been very fair in this situation at all. I would have loved to have gone on my trip of a lifetime. I would like to know if i can use another TA (travel agent) to rebook in the future ? Or use another representative in your company as i feel i have not been looked after as a consumer. I also will add that i will never use your company again.

Ann W.

They will have to now as accc has made their parent company, flight centre, drop the ridiculous charges. Get onto them for your money

Ann W.asked

Since our business class tickets were cancelled not by us but by the airline not flying because of the virus, will you refund the 300 dollars each you took from us if we book again with your company once this is over. If your answer is no why would anyone want to book with you again?

Travel A.Travel Associates

Hello Ann. Please speak to your Travel Associates adviser directly who will be able to advise you on your options. Thank you.

Ann
I would never give any Flight Centre brand any further business ever.
There is a great travel agency that specialises in business class airfares called flatbeds! We used them last year to Europe. They have great specials & we flew Singapore Airlines & saved over $2,000 pp

Hello Woodstock31.
Travel Associates policy is available here: https://www.travelassociates.com/covid-19-information-travellers

Though we are not flatbeds, please see their own policy here: https://www.flatbeds.com.au/news/covid-19-coronavirus-cancellation-policy
including the following information which involves cancellation fees:
The standard terms of your booking will be listed on your booking document, sent to you before you confirm your flights with payment, we would appreciate locating this in your existing emails to ease the load on our consultants at this time. This will typically feature change fees of $200 to $500 and cancellation costs from $700 to $1200, depending on the travel class. Those fees incorporate both an airline reissue fee and fees from our agency. Some sale fares may be listed as non-refundable, especially earlybird deals from Lufthansa/SWISS booked in Sep/Oct 19 or Jan/Feb 20. However, those non-refundable airfare conditions may be waived in certain circumstances, or provide options to defer travel to later dates per below.

Agency change and cancellation fees are necessary in a retail environment as they cover some of the non-refundable overheads associated with operating the business. These include costs from our global distribution software, ticketing consolidators, non-refundable merchant fees [average of 1.5% value of the total booking across all card types] as well as standard business operating overheads such as rent, wages, insurance, technology costs, utilities and the like.

Typically, a ticket change and reissue will involve an additional 3 hours of work from start to finish for which we charge a very small amount, but this time is nearly doubled at the moment due to airline servicing delays. In comparison, if you call Qantas for a change to an international booking, they charge $88 and you may be on hold for over 2 hours so we always do our best, irrespective of current circumstances to provide a very low-cost option to amend booked travel.

Get an answer from our members and Travel Associates representatives