Listing monitored by Travel Associates

3.1
  • Trip Completed Yes (5) · No (13)
  • Ease of Booking
RHM
RHM

VERY RUDE ARROGANT AND NASTY CUSTOMER SERVICE at your Norwood branch office ?

Travel A.Travel AssociatesSend a private message

Dear RHM, on behalf of our team, we are very sorry that you have had a poor experience with our Norwood business. We sincerely apologise on behalf of the Travel Associates brand.

CarmenHunter Region, NSW

Bad customer service, no knowledge of international requirements, they only want your money.

The travel agent in Newcastle, NSW, sold me tickets to go overseas for a fortune, she did not even check if citizens from another country needed a visa, and she did not know how long we were supposed to be at the airport before departure and gave us the wrong time, we were there three hours before and we were supposed to be there six hours before according to LAN. As a result, we lost our flights and we were stuck overseas with no money, no food, or even health insurance as she did not recommend getting one for one week we were supposed to be outside the country.

Graham
GrahamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Above and beyond all expectations

electro
electroWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

BEWARE the small print! Worst experience of my life will never use another travel Agent again.

kristy
kristyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing Service

Sonia Miller of Brighton Travel Associates was so thorough and knowledgeable. For the second time booked the perfect trip for our family and thought of everything! Amazing Service from Sonia and the whole team at Brighton.

Billy and Frilly
Billy and FrillyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Why is this so?

How interesting that a recent email from Travel Associates offering stays at Sydney and Perth Hotels, Phantom of the Opera packages in Melbourne includes US$100 hotel credit. How does that work, what exchange rate will be on offer and will charges at the hotels therefore be in US$s.

KittyKat2001
KittyKat2001AU

Beware! No care, no responsibility

Locally owned franchise part of a Newcastle group.
Europe trip cancelled due to covid, the cruise and tour never took place, no fault of mine.
Told I could only have a credit note, found out through consumer group and direct from the wholesalers that refunds were being processed.
So then I insist on refund, and agree to the Cancel fees $300 pp in the T & C, but they took $2000 after refunded by wholesalers , I was told the money was spent and not recoverable.
Meanwhile they send emails trying to sell me more expensive packages!
Never again will I use a Travel Agent especially Travel Associates they are crooks and in my opinion illegally kept my money for a product not used through no fault of mine.
They are liars and crooks.

Travel A.Travel AssociatesSend a private message

Good morning, we would love to assist you. Can you please provide your contact details for us to get in touch ?
thank you.

Brian
Brian

Very Poor Customer Service/Lack of Understanding of Our Circumstances

June O
June OMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Travel Associates Glenelg South Australia

We have booked quite a few cruises and holidays through Travel Associates at Glenelg ( Adam Crossman) and at all times have found him to be very professional and helpful. He's bent over backwards ( with covid) to make sure we received all of our credits back and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone wanting to book a holiday, in or out of Australia. Getting us back home from Singapore in February after our cruise was cancelled was a prime example. After the initial phone call, he kept in contact with us and arranged everything, and for that we were very grateful. We have another 2 booked and hopefully will be able to go on them.

Michael A.
Michael A.South East Queensland, QLD

Never Again

Fantastic until they have received payment. After that no one wants to talk to you. Even when you follow them up and they say they will look into your queries and call you back, the call never comes.

jeffDarling Downs, QLD

etiquette

never followed thru when booking one of their customers in to a motel, consequently a booking was not made alas no room was available for their customer on the day, I can understand the customer being upset but to have a travel associates consultant ring my motel and speak to one of my employees with a unacceptable attitude and tone then to say that they would not book with my motel again !! that's fine by me as I would not like to do business with travel associates if that is how you conduct oneself

jeff

not much more to say, cannot tell you as to which office rang as they used a number that was private I cannot even give you the customers name apart from Trevor I believe

Grandpa.Ears
Grandpa.Ears

Always been very happy with them (Hampton, Vic office)

We've done a lot through Travel Associates' Hampton, Vic office and have always been very happy with their service and flexibility; even now, during COVID, when we have received a full refund of our Emirates business class flights to Europe, and _no_ $300 penalty per person. Yes, it took a while,. but it did happen. We would not hesitate to use them again (Simone and Kate in particular), and in fact still have a cruise for 2021 booked by them for us.

HappyChap67
HappyChap67Mid North Coast, NSW

Not refunding "commission" after cancellation

Finally had notice of refund pending for cruise cancelled by operator due to pandemic
Travel agent taking over $700 "commission" . PLUS $50 Cancel fee.
Very unhappy customer, only reason keeping my peace is that they also hold a credit for a tour also cancelled.
Beware!
Will be booking direct in future.

No 300 dollars penalty

So now your parent company has been forced to drop the 300 dollar each penalty for flightss they were forced to cancel i assume you will have to do the same or incur the wrath of the accc and your customers

KimNew South Wales

Full refund as the govenment cancelled

We have not cancelled our cruise the govenment has but travel associates is keeping $300.00 pp an have told us we have cancelled so we are not titled to a full refund but the cruise has said we are in tiled to to it's bad on the company in this point of time.

Shazza
Shazzaasked

I had my trip of a lifetime booked through Travel Associates due to Covid 19 my flights were cancelled i did not cancel the airlines cancelled. I asked my TA (travel agent)for a full refund and was told that it would cost $756.55 per person. I was also told by my TA (travel agent)that my American Airlines flights would have to be taken in credit also and not allowed a refund. Yet on FB people were getting full refunds from American Airlines? I was shocked how could you charge that much money when i had no choice i did not cancel the airline did. I read on ACCC that in these times companies should be considerate to consumers. To top it off i purchased a top of the range insurance through TA (travel agent) and quess what my trip is not covered by a Pandemic go figure !!! Yet my other travel agent i booked my cruise through were fantastic they are giving me a full refund no charges applied. I am so lucky i did not end up booking cruise through Travel Associates now as it would have been a different story. My question is now i have been advised by Travel Associates that i cannot get a refund and have had to put into credit( which i have no idea if i will ve able to do this trip in a yesrs time due to my work) I do not want to use you for my future travel as i feel you have not been very fair in this situation at all. I would have loved to have gone on my trip of a lifetime. I would like to know if i can use another TA (travel agent) to rebook in the future ? Or use another representative in your company as i feel i have not been looked after as a consumer. I also will add that i will never use your company again.

Ann W.

They will have to now as accc has made their parent company, flight centre, drop the ridiculous charges. Get onto them for your money

Ann W.asked

Since our business class tickets were cancelled not by us but by the airline not flying because of the virus, will you refund the 300 dollars each you took from us if we book again with your company once this is over. If your answer is no why would anyone want to book with you again?

Travel A.Travel AssociatesSend a private message

Hello Ann. Please speak to your Travel Associates adviser directly who will be able to advise you on your options. Thank you.

Woodstock31