4.2

2,540 reviews
M J B

M J BSouth East Queensland, QLD

No credit on insurance for cancelled holiday

DestinationAfrica
John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ridiculous

My flight was cancelled due to Covid-19.
I requested a refund from TID on 19/03/2020 due to not using or requiring their insurance
They said wait 5 business days
I have now waited 31 days
They apparently do not care
I would definitely not recommend them

Nat Russell

Nat Russell

Terrible Service

This is the second policy I’ve bought with TID. Fortunately I never needed to claim on my first one, as it is very easy to sign up and give your money but from the multiple negative reviews on Facebook very difficult to claim or in fact even get any customer service.

This second policy I purchased has needed to be cancelled due to COVID and promises of sent forms and return phone calls has not happened and I’ve been chasing them up for a month with no help.

I have used other travel insurance companies in the past and will definitely be going back to them when I do travel and not using TID.

Darren

DarrenBrisbane

Will not cover cancellation if country travel status changes

They are proud to admit they void their own policy if the country you are travelling to becomes a "do not travel", using the coronavirus pandemic as a scapegoar saying all reasons for canceling should be forseeable because of it. Absolute joke, avoid these thieves

Jha

Jha

Great service. Great staff.

Easy to purchase, great value and it is sooo worth, especially travelling with young kids. Was so worry about the claims and expenses but TID made my travel trip without hassle.

Claim DateDecember 2019
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

This is awesome to hear! We appreciate the feedback :)

Genevieve M

Genevieve MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Always great service

I can't recommend TID enough, and while in previous years I would buy single policies for when I went on holidays, over the last few years I have been buying an Annual Multi Trip Policy as I am travelling fairly regularly for work, and it just makes life a lot easier not having to worry about Travel Insurance. I've had reason to claim twice through TID, once against a single policy then this year against my Annual policy, and in both cases the staff were very helpful and professional, gave me good information and the claims were settled with me in full. I'm very happy with them, and will definitely stick with them!

DestinationAustralia, East Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and New Zealand
Type of ClaimMedical and Other
Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi Genevieve. Thanks for the amazing review!

Travel Direct offered the insurance I needed when I needed it.

Extremely good value. Great service and for a low cost product they did everything to help me when I needed it. I have had travel insurance for decades highly recommend them.

Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

Thank you, Lin. This is great to hear!

Danielle

DanielleGoulburn Valley, VIC

Easy to claim on cancelled overseas trip

Purchased my policy well before Corona Virus.
Cancelled our holiday to China once Smart Traveller announces do not travel. Unfortunately Inspiring Vacations would not refund all of our holiday. But our insurance policy cover the cancellation fees. TID paid out our policy so quickly unlike Inspiring Vacations, we are still to receive our refund

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2020
blacklisted

blacklistedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do I even have to give a star?!?!

Claim DateFebruary 2020

Sandy

SandySydney, NSW

Worst travel company to seek any claim

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Francisco

Franciscobondi

Don’t waste your money, TID do not accept claims

As you can see mostly one star here and on Google review, they do not accept any claim. They refuse always with an excuse to do not have responsibility or do not cover what you claim.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2013

CiscoSydney, NSW

Have been waiting for over a month and still no decision

This is my second review in 5 years and sadly, they have gone downhill since. I have been waiting for a decision since my claim over 40 days ago (assured a decision within 10). I've only seen 2 responses from my assessing officer, both to provide additional documents, which I did immediately. Asked for a couple of follow-ups...no response. Don't waste your time and money.

They are good at taking your money with their quick and easy application process but once they do, it seems they stop caring.

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Cisco

Thanks Brenden. All sorted now and awaiting settlement, albeit taking much longer than I expected

Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

Great to hear and I'm sorry the process took longer than expected. I've also sent you a reply in our private message conversation.

D CrowleyCentral Queensland, QLD

Don’t waste your money and time

Lodged a claim over a year ago and sent the forms numerous times to numerous (a different one every time) customer service people. TID just make things difficult!!! Contacted ombudsman and TID just phoned me so maybe it’ll get sorted - all for $190! (Way less than the policy cost) I would’ve been better off not having insurance, but needless to say, I sure with another company now...

Type of ClaimOther
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Customer ExperienceTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi there, sorry to hear of your disappointment with TID. I'll send you a separate private message so I can get a few details to investigate this further for you!

D Crowley

Funny enough... it’s being sorted as we speak!!! Well well well!!!

Extremely slow processing a simple claim

I lodged a claim a month ago and have received just one email asking for more information which I responded to immediately with the required information. Half of the information TID was asking for in the email has already been included in my claim. I think it was just an excuse for them to prolong a decision on my claim.

I DEFINITELY won't be using TID ever again. Covermore is apparently really good which I wish I had known beforehand.

redsax19

redsax19Sydney Surrounds, NSW

POOR CLAIMS SERVICE

Made a claim in early January and was assured that the claim would be completed within 10 business days. Over 10 business days and still waiting. I will give them credit, their Emergency assistance team was extremely helpful and reassuring.

Contacting TID difficult

I have called TID on the 26th to talk to them about a second claim and could not get through, so I used their call back service and still haven't been contacted by customer service team 2 days later

Type of ClaimOther and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Di B.

Di B.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

13 policies 1 claim - no payment!

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim DateSeptember 2019

C.HARBERSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Submitted My Claim, Nov 5 2019, Its Nov21 Now And Have Not Heard From Them

Submitted my claim, Nov 5 2019, its Nov21 now and have not heard from them.
ITS my first claim been using them for long time
claiming for airline ticket
medical expenses
food
accommodation
had chickenpox
called 2 days ago they said someone will call me back, but no one called, called again today could not give me time frame, I could be waiting forever.

Claim DateNovember 2019

date check
January 2,2020
claim still pending

S Golf

S Golf

Great unless you need to claim

Lodged a claim for medical bills I occured in the USA over a month ago. The claims process takes too long as every time they require something further and you privide it, the 10 business day processing period starts again. Was emailed asking for details I'd already provided and so the 10 business days starts again. Have used other providers in the past and never had a claim take more than two weeks. Terrible claims process

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Very Happy

I was happy to know TID insurance was there even though I didnt need it. My trip went smoothly and I was thrilled to spend quality time with my daughter and newest granddaughter. Thanks for being there if I needed you.

See all TID Travel Insurance Direct reviews

Sue b

Sue basked

The Works (Comprehensive Overseas Insurance)

We started the claims process on March 23rd via post with photo copies of receipts and other requirements.
I have made numerous phone calls and told that nothing had been received. 4 weeks later it was sitting in my login account loaded up with my written claim.
I am frustrated that any communication has been instigated by me and not TID.
Now we are being asked the breakdown charges of a European PACKAGE holiday. I think that 50 percent or more of overseas holidays are packaged . Does the traveller ever know the costs of all aspects of a PACKAGE.
Not happy with the lack of response however the staff taking calls are brilliant.

Hi Sue,

Thank you for reaching out about your claim. I understand that the delays with claims communications is incredibly frustrating and we are working hard to get through the unprecedented volumes of claims and customer service enquires brought on by COVID-19.

I'd be happy to look into this for you further and ask that your claims assessor contacts you. I'll send you a private message to get a few more details.

Kind regards,

Alex D.

Alex D.asked

TID Travel Insurance Direct

Our cruise has been cancelled due to govt guide line that no ship will depart or enter ports in Australia until 30th June 2020. therefore our trip on the 22nd May until 5th June 2020 has been cancelled due to the pandemic crisis.
A full refund has been offer by the shipping line. We want to cancel our travel insurance before it the insured date arrives. We do expect a full refund as no claim is being made.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your patience during this time of unprecedented global events. We are experiencing large volumes of enquiries due to coronavirus (COVID-19) and are doing our best to support all of our customers.

Regarding the cancellation of your insurance, i'll send you a private message to get a few more details about your policy.

Valerie A.

Valerie A.asked

TID Travel Insurance Direct

What is happening with regards to refunds and the corona virus.
Do we get refunds on airline tickets, do we get a refund from canceling yr policy?

Hi Valerie,

I understand that you may have been waiting some time to hear from us I’m sorry for the delay but I’m here for you now.

For more information on how coronavirus (COVID-19) affects your policy, please click here:

As this is a constantly evolving situation we recommend you continue to visit our website for the latest information.

Stay safe,