1,668

Pat

Pat

Don't bother to lodge a claim unless your in hospital

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip

Never again- horrible experience

Put in a claim after my girlfriend was rushed to hospital after lacerating her hand and required emergency surgery. This meant we missed our flight home and had to stay in Bali a further 5 days until she was fit to fly. Had appalling customer service, were offered little to no assistance and will never go through this company again. Still waiting for them to get back to me re: the claim months down the track..

Director

DirectorBrisbane

They passed the test.

Claim DateJune 2019

Kim HopkinsPerth, WA

55% Premium increase

Had been with TID for at least 15 years but this year a quote for worldwide policy the price was increased 55%. I am no longer with TID as there are other companies around that want my business. I am a regular traveller as I am retired. The new company I am with allows multi trips of up to 62 days whereas TID is only 38 days. Shop around as TID has lost its way

Ash Z.TID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi Kim, thanks for passing on that feedback and I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with our premiums. I have passed your feedback onto our product team who review pricing. Ash, Customer Experience Manager

Theo A

Theo ASydney, NSW

Cannot fault, EXCELLENT service when something goes wrong - which it did for me. Zero pushback, 100% professional.

I had some moderately bad ear issues for 3 months of my policy. I had to contact numerous times and make several claims. The emergency medical assistance team is super quick and productive in their responses. Their claims team is likewise very professional. There is a reason why their reviews are so high. Very appreciative of their modus operandum. Special thanks to Margaret Marko who was superb in emergency assist, and, Dylan Copeland in claims. 10/10 operators. Policy# TIDAUS19524699

DestinationEurope
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

PAMELA AND PETER SUMMERS

PAMELA AND PETER SUMMERSMid North Coast, NSW

Great company

We had taken out insurance with tid for our trip to sri lanka but when terrorism hit that country we made the decision not to travel there. Tid accepted our request for a cancellation of the policy even though well out of the cooling-off period and refunded our money. You can't ask for more than that! We've used them previously many times and on the one time I had a small claim there was absolutely no issue. Will continue to use them.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEurope, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Ash Z.TID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi Pamela and Peter, thanks for take the time to share that feedback with us. Ash, Customer Experience Manager

Matt D.

Matt D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

It's a shame how far TID have fallen

Steph B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst ever travel insurance ... after my bag being stolen overseas 2 months later still waiting ..zero customer service

After ALL the appropriate forms were submitted including police evidence .. I was made to feel like the criminal and had to prove my honesty! Customer service is a joke no return of calls

Steph B.

Thanks but it’s a bit late to change now we have been told all our claim items will be depreciated by 75% seriously very unhappy

Worst company ever

Terrible company. Flashy site and easy to set up but impossible to actually make a claim. Not even sure how they are operating by far the worst customer service of any company I’ve dealt with.

Type of ClaimOther

Hi Steve,
Sorry to learn of your disappointing experience with us. I would be happy to look into it for you if you kindly provide me with your policy number.
Ash, Customer Experience Manager
tid.com.au

SteveT

SteveTSydney, NSW

Using for the past 10 years with no issues

Ash Z.TID Travel Insurance Direct

If i could give no star ratings i would -

Erin

Not worth a cent - go elsewhere!!

Lesley

LesleyPerth, WA

Simply perfect

Very helpful when there was a claim query and processed within 2 weeks from beginning to end. Very happy with the service and price of insurance. I have used TID 3 or 4 times and have only claimed once, but very happy with the outcome.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Ash Z.TID Travel Insurance Direct

Happy with the service and the rates

I have been using TID for about 10 years (5 times about) and find it always very easy to set up my travel insurance. I have never had to claim. I think it is reasonably good value. Only slight snag I found was that in setting up I could not show I would be in more than one country on a trip. Maybe just not smart enough, but rang them and the extra country noted on the policy. J.

Margot L

Margot LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Always Use Them

My family and I have been using TID for the past 8 years after having it recommended by a friend. I have always had great service and any claims made (both big and small) have been paid out without too much trouble, including a 10 day hospital stay and operation for my daughter while she was travelling in Germany. Any concerns have always been dealt with quickly and easily.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager
DestinationAustralia, Europe, North America (inc. Hawaii), South America and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2012

Noel LPerth, WA

Try Getting a Claim Accepted - Impossible Task! Zero Stars If Possible

Don't bother with TIG - impossible to get them to pay out. I was hospitalized due to a life-threatening medical incident May 2017 and was unable to travel. I tried to claim the cost of the fare $200 but the claim form and doctors certificate was not enough. TIG demanded detailed medical forms from GP and two specialists (cost $600) plus a letter from Qantas (impossible -they never write) and my internal appeal just rejected today Feb 2019!

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim DateJuly 2017

David B.South East Queensland, QLD

Extremely disappointing

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateFebruary 2019

TIDA102521

Ash Z.TID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi David, thanks for that. I've now flagged your claim with Management in our Claims department. You should be contacted soon by your claims officer with an update on your claim. Cheers, Ash

D Crowley

D CrowleyCentral Queensland, QLD

They will take your money and deny your claim...

They claim that damage to a phone should be a) reported within 24 hours (to whom???) or b) that I should've put something on social media like a msg saying "hey look at me everyone I broke my phone" so I can send them a screenshot!
TID, Not everyone in this day and age is an attention seeking media!
I have contacted the insurance ombudsman (now afca Australian Financial Complaints Authority) and will let you know how I go...

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Ash Z.TID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi D Crowley, Sorry to hear of your poor experience. I would like to look into your claim and if need be have it reviewed. Could you kindly provide me with your claim number? Ash, Customer Experience Manager
www.tid.com.au

Claim DateNovember 2018

Leon

LeonPerth, WA

WORST COMPANY EVER

I have now been trying to sort my claim for 6 months. This is the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with. Stay very clear! This company is the same company as World Nomads. They have awful customer support. My claim has been passed around there office as no one whats to deal with it. I was asked to be passed on to there complaints department, and I have had nothing from them in 20 working days. I will take legal action against them shortly. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Claim TIDN002817

DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimOther
Claim DateSeptember 2018

Ray P.

Ray P.asked

insurance cover for a campervan

paul harrison
paul harrison

sorry never thought about them as we dont use them, so only used them for international travel that covered hire cars, planes,boats etc, you need to read the pdf or call and ask about campervans/ moble homes.

Jo K.

Jo K.asked

can i get insurance if i am already traveling with no return ticket to home country?

Cathy

Cathyasked

I am looking at your comprehensive travel insurance for my 18 year old son who is travelling to Bali - 15th to 25th July. Would he be covered if his travel is affected, if the volcano causes travel delay etc.? Thanks

Hi
I think that he will NOT be covered if Mt Agung erups, all Travel Insurance have that excluded so tell him to take extra cash for food and accomodation. Am pretty sure no issues with the airlines getting him home once the airlines can fly again. Suggest you shop around for price. Will he be renting a scooter Cathy?

Get an answer from our members and TID Travel Insurance Direct representatives

TID Travel Insurance Direct - Annual Multi Trip

TID Travel Insurance Direct - Annual Multi Trip

TID Travel Insurance Direct - Domestic Cover

TID Travel Insurance Direct - Domestic Cover

TID Travel Insurance Direct - The Basics (Budget Overseas Insurance)

TID Travel Insurance Direct - The Basics (Budget Overseas Insurance)

TID Travel Insurance Direct - The Works (Comprehensive Overseas Insurance)

TID Travel Insurance Direct - The Works (Comprehensive Overseas Insurance)

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1300 843 8431300 843 8431300 843 8431300 843 843
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNo
UnderwriterXL Insurance Company SEXL Insurance Company SEXL Insurance Company SEXL Insurance Company SE
Maximum Age Covered 76 years old81 years old76 years old81 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedNot Included$5,000,000Unlimited
Accidental Death$25,000$10,000$25,000$25,000
Emergency Dental$500Not Included$500$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 26 weeks26 weeks26 weeks26 weeks
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included$3,000
Hospital Cash Allowance$50 per day, up to $6,000Not Included$50 per day, up to $6,000$50 per day, up to $6,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedNot Included$5,000,000Unlimited
Loss of Income$9,000 (maximum $1,500 per month)Not IncludedNot Included$9,000 (maximum $1,500 per month)
Permanent Disability$12,500Not Included$12,500$12,500
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250$250Not Included$250
Delayed Luggage $250 after 12 hours$250 after 12 hours$250 after 12 hours$250 after 12 hours
Credit Card Fraud$2,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)$2,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)Not Included$2,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)
Travel Documents / Passport $2,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)$2,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)Not Included$2,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)
Maximum Single Item Limit $4000 (electronic devices), $700 (individual items)$4000 (electronic devices), $700 (individual items)$2000 (electronic devices), $700 (individual items)$4000 (electronic devices), $700 (individual items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $12,000$4,000$3,000$12,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$2,500,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $4,000Not Included$12,000$12,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included (engine size dependent on rider's licence)Included (engine size dependent on rider's licence)Included (engine size dependent on rider's licence)Included (engine size dependent on rider's licence)
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included