Selena

SelenaSydney, NSW

Helpful staff and comprehensive cover for all your travel items

I feel that my insurance is slightly higher than average however the service and the additional item it had covered worth the price. I have not yet lodged a claim however this is the number one choice for whenever I need to buy a travel insurance.

Jeremy

JeremyPerth, WA

No more worries when travelling overseas

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Insurance Cover ForChild
Adrian

AdrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great value and service

I have been a customer of TID for several years on multiple trips both for domestic and international travel and would highly recommend them. Their service is cost competitive and easy to use and understand. Both occasions we had to lodge a claim they were dealt with efficiently and fairly.

DestinationAustralia, Europe and South America
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateSeptember 2015

RobynFar North Queensland, QLD

Worse travel insurance company to use

TID are happy to take on a policy year after year and when I actually put a claim in for smashed suitcases and missing jewellery, they suggest it is my fault and do not reimburse.
the whole process of lodging a claim is almost impossible. when receipts and invoices are finally uploaded to the computer or copied on the smart phone, there program does not allow the upload ( even though it does not exceed file limit), so a followup email is needed. the whole lodging a claim took me a good part of the day, which many phone calls to TID, where you were kept on the phone waiting for up to an hour.
A useless business.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Other
BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi Robyn, sorry to hear of your poor experience with us. So I can look into it for you could you kindly provide me with your policy number? ash@tid.com.au Ash, TID Customer Experience Manager

Robyn

Why bother ?, you are still sending emails ( one today) asking that I get a repair quote on a smashed suitcase .

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerSydney, NSW

Poor service indeed

BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi there, sorry to hear of your disappointment with TID. Could you kindly provide me with your policy number so I can investigate this further for you? ash@tid.com.au Ash, TID Customer Experience Manager

JessGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awful do not use

Absolutely awful experience. I’ve been waiting more than 20 days for an outcome of my claim.
Average response to emails is 10 days for 1 reply. More than 30 minutes on hold waiting to speak to an operator.

I’m disgusted.

My flight was cancelled for a week trip and because I could not on a flight for 4. Days later I asked Jetstar for a refund and now travel insurance direct are refusing to pay my missed hotel accommodation saying I could have stayed there 3 days. Absolutely a joke!!!!’

Do not use

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Jess

Ash is this your correct email address? It says it can’t be sent to this email address????

Jess

I am in the UK and have been trying to contact them for 5 days by phone leaving msgs and callback

DestinationEurope, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance Cover ForSenior
paul harrison
paul harrison
BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi Paul, sorry about that - I've just had another look through my inbox and still couldn’t find your email. If you could kindly resend or just provide me with your policy number via message. Ash

ZacPerth

Just awful to deal with

DestinationEurope
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Zac

Well I did that 6 days ago and didn't get a response. I guess everything is a minimum of 10 days with TID?

Anna02Melbourne

Very slow in communication and processing your request

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Why even have travel insurance?

DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi David, sorry to learn of your disappointing claims experience. Can you please provide me with your claim number so I can look into it for you and if need have your claim reviewed ash@tid.com.au Ash, TID Customer Experience Manager

Carol

CarolGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Claim process easy and in line with policy

Type of ClaimOther
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJune 2019
Syd

SydSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disappointing

TID does not cover what you would expect a decent travel insurance would. Plus making a claim is non-responsive, very little of help. GO somewhere else and pay a few extra $.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

mmayoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Customer service and claims let this company down, look elsewhere for better!

DestinationAfrica
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Medical
mmayo

Thankyou Ash. I have just sent an email to the above email address with my claim number. I hope this matter can be resolved as soon as possible.

Disappointed

DisappointedSydney, NSW

Great till you make a claim

Attempted to make a small claim ($500) my son slipped and smacked his head in Whistler and got concusion , very scary he couldn’t stop throwing up. Went to emergency and got him sorted. Put in a claim , we don’t seem to have enough evidence, I don’t think they believe we were there! Even though I have my credit card receipt , accomodation details , boarding passes seriously they just want you to give up.
Be prepared to jump through more hoops that a Circ de Solil performer.
12 or so trips in the past six years , around 10k of premiums for what ? Thank god we never had a serious claim on the other trips, I don’t feel like we were covered at all.
Looks good on paper, Scmick APP, but they are only as good as when you make a claim.
Shop around

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

It takes them a week to write one email

I made a clam over a month ago every time they email me wanting some information I email back straight away with the info then a week later they want something else now after only receiving 4 emails the most recent one is the same as the first on. They just can't communicate.

BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi John, sorry to hear of your disappointing claims experience. Could you kindly provide me with your claim number so I can look into it for you? ash@tid.com.au Ash, TID Customer Experience Manager

C Clark

C ClarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Too complicated

My flight was delayed and I therefore missed my connection and resort I’d booked that night.
I had to repurchase another flight and hotel for the night. All up around AU$600 I was out of pocket.
The amount of information you need to attach to the TID claim form would take someone like me hours to complete as I’m not computer savvy like most. I ended up a frustrated mess and gave up as I don’t know how to attach receipts, emails and notifications to a form.
I made a claim years ago with another company and received my money back without any of this difficulty. I can’t imagine how the elderly cope.

DestinationSouth America

Claim DateJune 2019
Helen M.

Helen M.Perth, WA

Don't insure with Travel Insurance Direct

First claim with TID over 7 policies. Unhappy with discounting on what were serviceable belongings. But worst part was being lied to. TID asked for an extension because a review had not been completed because of staff leave. Until I realised that I had been deceived by the Claims Officer I was prepared to accept the inadequate offer, chalk it up to experience and move on. The truth is that the letter of the decision had already been prepared and was dated the day before the email asking for an extension. Never dealing with TID again.

Pat

Pat

Don't bother to lodge a claim unless your in hospital

Never again- horrible experience

Put in a claim after my girlfriend was rushed to hospital after lacerating her hand and required emergency surgery. This meant we missed our flight home and had to stay in Bali a further 5 days until she was fit to fly. Had appalling customer service, were offered little to no assistance and will never go through this company again. Still waiting for them to get back to me re: the claim months down the track..

Claim Resolution Time3+ months