4.2

2,530 reviews

ZacPerth

Just awful to deal with

Zac

Well I did that 6 days ago and didn't get a response. I guess everything is a minimum of 10 days with TID?

Anna02Melbourne

Very slow in communication and processing your request

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Why even have travel insurance?

BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi David, sorry to learn of your disappointing claims experience. Can you please provide me with your claim number so I can look into it for you and if need have your claim reviewed ash@tid.com.au Ash, TID Customer Experience Manager

Carol

CarolGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Claim process easy and in line with policy

Syd

SydSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disappointing

TID does not cover what you would expect a decent travel insurance would. Plus making a claim is non-responsive, very little of help. GO somewhere else and pay a few extra $.

mmayoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Customer service and claims let this company down, look elsewhere for better!

mmayo

Thankyou Ash. I have just sent an email to the above email address with my claim number. I hope this matter can be resolved as soon as possible.

Disappointed

DisappointedSydney, NSW

Great till you make a claim

Attempted to make a small claim ($500) my son slipped and smacked his head in Whistler and got concusion , very scary he couldn’t stop throwing up. Went to emergency and got him sorted. Put in a claim , we don’t seem to have enough evidence, I don’t think they believe we were there! Even though I have my credit card receipt , accomodation details , boarding passes seriously they just want you to give up.
Be prepared to jump through more hoops that a Circ de Solil performer.
12 or so trips in the past six years , around 10k of premiums for what ? Thank god we never had a serious claim on the other trips, I don’t feel like we were covered at all.
Looks good on paper, Scmick APP, but they are only as good as when you make a claim.
Shop around

BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

It takes them a week to write one email

I made a clam over a month ago every time they email me wanting some information I email back straight away with the info then a week later they want something else now after only receiving 4 emails the most recent one is the same as the first on. They just can't communicate.

BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi John, sorry to hear of your disappointing claims experience. Could you kindly provide me with your claim number so I can look into it for you? ash@tid.com.au Ash, TID Customer Experience Manager

C Clark

C ClarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Too complicated

My flight was delayed and I therefore missed my connection and resort I’d booked that night.
I had to repurchase another flight and hotel for the night. All up around AU$600 I was out of pocket.
The amount of information you need to attach to the TID claim form would take someone like me hours to complete as I’m not computer savvy like most. I ended up a frustrated mess and gave up as I don’t know how to attach receipts, emails and notifications to a form.
I made a claim years ago with another company and received my money back without any of this difficulty. I can’t imagine how the elderly cope.

Ben H.

Ben H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Went beyond expectations

Helen M.

Helen M.Perth, WA

Don't insure with Travel Insurance Direct

First claim with TID over 7 policies. Unhappy with discounting on what were serviceable belongings. But worst part was being lied to. TID asked for an extension because a review had not been completed because of staff leave. Until I realised that I had been deceived by the Claims Officer I was prepared to accept the inadequate offer, chalk it up to experience and move on. The truth is that the letter of the decision had already been prepared and was dated the day before the email asking for an extension. Never dealing with TID again.

Pat

Pat

Don't bother to lodge a claim unless your in hospital

Never again- horrible experience

Put in a claim after my girlfriend was rushed to hospital after lacerating her hand and required emergency surgery. This meant we missed our flight home and had to stay in Bali a further 5 days until she was fit to fly. Had appalling customer service, were offered little to no assistance and will never go through this company again. Still waiting for them to get back to me re: the claim months down the track..

Director

DirectorBrisbane

They passed the test.

Kim Hopkins

Kim HopkinsPerth, WA

55% Premium increase

Had been with TID for at least 15 years but this year a quote for worldwide policy the price was increased 55%. I am no longer with TID as there are other companies around that want my business. I am a regular traveller as I am retired. The new company I am with allows multi trips of up to 62 days whereas TID is only 38 days. Shop around as TID has lost its way

BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi Kim, thanks for passing on that feedback and I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with our premiums. I have passed your feedback onto our product team who review pricing. Ash, Customer Experience Manager

Theo A

Theo ASydney, NSW

Cannot fault, EXCELLENT service when something goes wrong - which it did for me. Zero pushback, 100% professional.

I had some moderately bad ear issues for 3 months of my policy. I had to contact numerous times and make several claims. The emergency medical assistance team is super quick and productive in their responses. Their claims team is likewise very professional. There is a reason why their reviews are so high. Very appreciative of their modus operandum. Special thanks to Margaret Marko who was superb in emergency assist, and, Dylan Copeland in claims. 10/10 operators. Policy# TIDAUS19524699

PAMELA AND PETER SUMMERS

PAMELA AND PETER SUMMERSMid North Coast, NSW

Great company

We had taken out insurance with tid for our trip to sri lanka but when terrorism hit that country we made the decision not to travel there. Tid accepted our request for a cancellation of the policy even though well out of the cooling-off period and refunded our money. You can't ask for more than that! We've used them previously many times and on the one time I had a small claim there was absolutely no issue. Will continue to use them.

BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi Pamela and Peter, thanks for take the time to share that feedback with us. Ash, Customer Experience Manager

Matt D.

Matt D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

It's a shame how far TID have fallen

Steph B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst ever travel insurance ... after my bag being stolen overseas 2 months later still waiting ..zero customer service

After ALL the appropriate forms were submitted including police evidence .. I was made to feel like the criminal and had to prove my honesty! Customer service is a joke no return of calls

Steph B.

Thanks but it’s a bit late to change now we have been told all our claim items will be depreciated by 75% seriously very unhappy

Worst company ever

Terrible company. Flashy site and easy to set up but impossible to actually make a claim. Not even sure how they are operating by far the worst customer service of any company I’ve dealt with.

Hi Steve,
Sorry to learn of your disappointing experience with us. I would be happy to look into it for you if you kindly provide me with your policy number.
Ash, Customer Experience Manager
tid.com.au

See all TID Travel Insurance Direct reviews

Sue b

Sue basked

The Works (Comprehensive Overseas Insurance)

We started the claims process on March 23rd via post with photo copies of receipts and other requirements.
I have made numerous phone calls and told that nothing had been received. 4 weeks later it was sitting in my login account loaded up with my written claim.
I am frustrated that any communication has been instigated by me and not TID.
Now we are being asked the breakdown charges of a European PACKAGE holiday. I think that 50 percent or more of overseas holidays are packaged . Does the traveller ever know the costs of all aspects of a PACKAGE.
Not happy with the lack of response however the staff taking calls are brilliant.

Hi Sue,

Thank you for reaching out about your claim. I understand that the delays with claims communications is incredibly frustrating and we are working hard to get through the unprecedented volumes of claims and customer service enquires brought on by COVID-19.

I'd be happy to look into this for you further and ask that your claims assessor contacts you. I'll send you a private message to get a few more details.

Kind regards,
Brenden - Customer Experience

Alex D.

Alex D.asked

TID Travel Insurance Direct

Our cruise has been cancelled due to govt guide line that no ship will depart or enter ports in Australia until 30th June 2020. therefore our trip on the 22nd May until 5th June 2020 has been cancelled due to the pandemic crisis.
A full refund has been offer by the shipping line. We want to cancel our travel insurance before it the insured date arrives. We do expect a full refund as no claim is being made.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your patience during this time of unprecedented global events. We are experiencing large volumes of enquiries due to coronavirus (COVID-19) and are doing our best to support all of our customers.

Regarding the cancellation of your insurance, i'll send you a private message to get a few more details about your policy.

Brenden - Customer Experience

Valerie A.

Valerie A.asked

TID Travel Insurance Direct

What is happening with regards to refunds and the corona virus.
Do we get refunds on airline tickets, do we get a refund from canceling yr policy?

Hi Valerie,

I understand that you may have been waiting some time to hear from us I’m sorry for the delay but I’m here for you now.

For more information on how coronavirus (COVID-19) affects your policy, please click here:

As this is a constantly evolving situation we recommend you continue to visit our website for the latest information.

Stay safe,