4.2

2,531 reviews

Worst company ever

Terrible company. Flashy site and easy to set up but impossible to actually make a claim. Not even sure how they are operating by far the worst customer service of any company I’ve dealt with.

Hi Steve,
Sorry to learn of your disappointing experience with us. I would be happy to look into it for you if you kindly provide me with your policy number.
Ash, Customer Experience Manager
tid.com.au

SteveT

SteveTSydney, NSW

Using for the past 10 years with no issues

BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

If i could give no star ratings i would -

Erin

Not worth a cent - go elsewhere!!

Lesley

LesleyPerth, WA

Simply perfect

Very helpful when there was a claim query and processed within 2 weeks from beginning to end. Very happy with the service and price of insurance. I have used TID 3 or 4 times and have only claimed once, but very happy with the outcome.

BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

Happy with the service and the rates

I have been using TID for about 10 years (5 times about) and find it always very easy to set up my travel insurance. I have never had to claim. I think it is reasonably good value. Only slight snag I found was that in setting up I could not show I would be in more than one country on a trip. Maybe just not smart enough, but rang them and the extra country noted on the policy. J.

Margot L

Margot LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Always Use Them

My family and I have been using TID for the past 8 years after having it recommended by a friend. I have always had great service and any claims made (both big and small) have been paid out without too much trouble, including a 10 day hospital stay and operation for my daughter while she was travelling in Germany. Any concerns have always been dealt with quickly and easily.

Noel LPerth, WA

Try Getting a Claim Accepted - Impossible Task! Zero Stars If Possible

Don't bother with TIG - impossible to get them to pay out. I was hospitalized due to a life-threatening medical incident May 2017 and was unable to travel. I tried to claim the cost of the fare $200 but the claim form and doctors certificate was not enough. TIG demanded detailed medical forms from GP and two specialists (cost $600) plus a letter from Qantas (impossible -they never write) and my internal appeal just rejected today Feb 2019!

David B.South East Queensland, QLD

Extremely disappointing

TIDA102521

BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

Hi David, thanks for that. I've now flagged your claim with Management in our Claims department. You should be contacted soon by your claims officer with an update on your claim. Cheers, Ash

GinaM

GinaMPerth, WA

Don't use this organisation

Leon

LeonPerth, WA

WORST COMPANY EVER

I have now been trying to sort my claim for 6 months. This is the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with. Stay very clear! This company is the same company as World Nomads. They have awful customer support. My claim has been passed around there office as no one whats to deal with it. I was asked to be passed on to there complaints department, and I have had nothing from them in 20 working days. I will take legal action against them shortly. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Claim TIDN002817

Appalling.

BrendenTID Travel Insurance Direct

Not compassionate at all!

TAZ

TAZSydney

Nothing for loyalty

I have used TID for at least 4 trips in the past few years. However, after purchasing our travel insurance yesterday, an advertising came up to get 19% off if bought during the public holiday - which was yesterday. This discount was not applied to our purchase and there was no one to speak to as they were closed. Today I spoke to consultant who advised they could not do anything about it as the promotion had "expired". I guess being a loyal customer doesn't mean anything anymore nowadays.

Insurance claim madeNo
Troy

TroySydney, NSW

Great Price and inclusions

We have been using TID for approx 8 yrs. We have made one claim with them due to unrest in Syria in 2011. The claim was approved and paid out immediately. You can't go past this company for your travel insurance.

Raelene

RaeleneCanberra

Reliable

Recently submitted a claim and this was handled promptly with a good outcome. My partner was with QBE and for the same circumstances his claim was denied and the process was awful for him with QBE. I have been with TID for the last 10 trips overseas and find them straightforward to deal with. I have only submitted 2 claims in total (stolen goods and returning early with a very ill relative)and these were handled in a timely manner. Feel confident with TID and would highly recommend.

Taffy

TaffySydney, NSW

Hawaiian Holiday

I have used TID for the last 4 years on my overseas trips. I have only had to make one claim and was well looked after. I don't have any worries about using them.

Insurance claim madeNo

Hi Taffy,
Hope you had a great time in Hawaii! Glad to hear you were pleased with our claims process and cover. Thanks for the review.
Cheers, Ash - TID Customer Experience Manager

tman

tman

Do not use Travel Insurance Direct

I hate TIDadelaide

TID ...EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES ..SHOULD HAVE THEIR LICENCE REVOKED

TIDAUS171216105 October 2017

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Do not use this company they will not cover you for cancelled flights and will make you jump through hundreds of hoops to make a claim. I had to contact them over 4 times to check on my claim that they completely ignored as their customer service do not get back to you in the time frames they indicate. I warned them I would go to the ombudsman as I feel I was mislead by them and they still failed to make contact in the time frame they said they would. Worst customer service I have ever had and worst insurance company I have ever dealt with. I have heard nothing but bad reviews since from other travellers.

See all TID Travel Insurance Direct reviews

Sue b

Sue basked

The Works (Comprehensive Overseas Insurance)

We started the claims process on March 23rd via post with photo copies of receipts and other requirements.
I have made numerous phone calls and told that nothing had been received. 4 weeks later it was sitting in my login account loaded up with my written claim.
I am frustrated that any communication has been instigated by me and not TID.
Now we are being asked the breakdown charges of a European PACKAGE holiday. I think that 50 percent or more of overseas holidays are packaged . Does the traveller ever know the costs of all aspects of a PACKAGE.
Not happy with the lack of response however the staff taking calls are brilliant.

Hi Sue,

Thank you for reaching out about your claim. I understand that the delays with claims communications is incredibly frustrating and we are working hard to get through the unprecedented volumes of claims and customer service enquires brought on by COVID-19.

I'd be happy to look into this for you further and ask that your claims assessor contacts you. I'll send you a private message to get a few more details.

Kind regards,
Brenden - Customer Experience

Alex D.

Alex D.asked

TID Travel Insurance Direct

Our cruise has been cancelled due to govt guide line that no ship will depart or enter ports in Australia until 30th June 2020. therefore our trip on the 22nd May until 5th June 2020 has been cancelled due to the pandemic crisis.
A full refund has been offer by the shipping line. We want to cancel our travel insurance before it the insured date arrives. We do expect a full refund as no claim is being made.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your patience during this time of unprecedented global events. We are experiencing large volumes of enquiries due to coronavirus (COVID-19) and are doing our best to support all of our customers.

Regarding the cancellation of your insurance, i'll send you a private message to get a few more details about your policy.

Brenden - Customer Experience

Valerie A.

Valerie A.asked

TID Travel Insurance Direct

What is happening with regards to refunds and the corona virus.
Do we get refunds on airline tickets, do we get a refund from canceling yr policy?

Hi Valerie,

I understand that you may have been waiting some time to hear from us I’m sorry for the delay but I’m here for you now.

For more information on how coronavirus (COVID-19) affects your policy, please click here:

As this is a constantly evolving situation we recommend you continue to visit our website for the latest information.

Stay safe,