Listing monitored by Travel Online

1.5
  • Trip Completed Yes · No (38)
  • Ease of Booking
Ellen
EllenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

GREAT SERVICE

2 fuss free trips booked thru Travel Online. Could not make either due to Covid-19 and lockdowns. Both times Travel Online were very sympathetic and offered full credits. More importantly, emails and calls were answered quickly and advice given once to delay cancellation as it would have cost me in cancellation fees. That was much appreciated. Anyone who complains about the "pp" on the website is not justified as it is, and always has been, very clearly stated. Third time lucky with Travel Online and not worried about the support at all. Well done TO - it must be so hard for you to keep everyone happy.

Nerissa H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

NEVER EVER AGAIN

Booked a package trip to Bali in 2019, due to leave in May, trip was cancelled due to Covid. This company has done nothing to support a refund, they have never kept me up to date with airlines refunds policies and feels they should keep their commission and a $100 credit and supports the airlines (Garuda) with their ever changing refund policy. Agent cant even send me a copy of the terms of my ticket I have asked 10times. They are rude, unhelpful. NEVER AGAIN.

Booking TypeFlights
J. JOSEPH
J. JOSEPHGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The worse company I have ever dealt with!

TravelOnline M.Travel Online

Beware if you have a cancellation.

We are still waiting for a refund for flights more than 14 months ago.

They refused to refund our accommodation charges, despite the accomodation provider not charging them. The reason they gave is that we cancelled with 45 days of the booking. We didn’t cancel, The borders shut!!

We have been refunded by another online travel agent within 2 weeks of flights been cancelled, despite being a budget provider. Jeststar has refunded me 3 times during the pandemic within 2 weeks.

It’s beyond a joke now. Much safer to book direct with airlines

K M Newcastle  NSW
K M Newcastle NSW

TOCS298737. I have been told several times it is coming and yet each time the date passes.

Susan
SusanQueensland

Extremely poor service, in fact there was no service at all.

Rang four times, left message four times, not contacted once by anyone.

Will not consider trying to use this organisation again. Promises but no follow through. I know there are better travel agents out there.

DesmondIllawarra, NSW

Do not go anywhere near this company!

BrendanSouth West, WA

Thieves and a ripoff.

Was given a $3124 credit to use then told I couldn’t. Straight ripoff. They then blamed an ex staff member. Told all veteran websites as well. Don’t use them.
Brendan Phillips

adrianrd1South East Queensland, QLD

A company to avoid.

MelNSydney

Sorry I can't leave a 0-star rating

Booking TypeFlights

Appalling Customer service

No one has bothered to return my call or my email dated OCTOBER 29th, it is now December 9th 2020!!!! No follow up, no support, no customer service what so ever during this crisis!! Not once! I highly recommend for consumers to go elsewhere!!! This is a joke and I will never return or engage in their services again.

andrea p.Sydney, NSW

No communication, poor value

Stay away from this agency. If you have credit with them be ready to be charge more or loose your money.
Booked a room with them 1 year ago, due to covid travel was cancel and credit voucher was gave to me to be spend n any hotel with travel online. I re book with them to go in Fiji, and they refuse as the voucher as to be spent in the same hotel, so I did. However after few day Travel online re contact me saying they need to charge extra due new rates or I can take a cheap room instead

John
JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing Result

Tried the 'bait and switch' strategy."That is totally booked out I'm sorry", we have something else but....... But it was over double what original holiday was. I am quite unhappy with the experience.

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Refund for my Fiji holiday

David

It's fairly obvious you didn't read my review. I have my refund. I hope that the others can receive a similar outcome that I did.

Lynda W
Lynda WSydney

Great service during these unsettled times

I had several holidays booked with Travelonline when the borders closed. One in Fiji and later, because I thought at least interstate borders would stay open, one on Heron Island. Both fell foul of border closures. I was worried because so many have simply lost all their payments, but travel online were great. Getting me a full refund for Heron Island, refund of my accommodation deposits for Fiji and credit for flights (as that was all the airlines had offered). This meant I could rebook Fiji for mid next year without the worry that my money would be lost.

Lisa
LisaSydney, NSW

Do not hand over one cent to travel online - appalling customer service

Margaret_Barrett
Margaret_Barrettasked

I would like to know why it is taking you 61/2 month to refund the airline fares which you cancelled because of the covid you were very quick to take the money, 180days for the airline and then 12 week for you to refund WHY???????? Do I need to go to the ombudsman. I need some answers. When I asked for the refund you said 10 week now you tell me more

Hi Margaret,

We'd certainly be happy to follow this up for you and find out exactly what is happening with your refund. Can you please provide your TOCS reference number so that we can locate your booking in the system and give you an update?

TravelOnline M.Travel Online

Hi Margaret, I passed your concerns on to our Reservations Manager who was able to locate your booking in our system. I believe she has since reached out to you to update you on the status of your refund. The airline has refunded your airfares way ahead of schedule which is great news! We received your refund request on the 7th of August and are very pleased to report that we received the funds back from the airline on the 28th of September, far ahead of the 180 days the airline had originally told us it would take. Upon receipt of these funds you were immediately added to our refund queue which has an approximate 12 week turn around due to the extremely high volumes of refunds that our accounts department is currently processing. You may receive your funds sooner than this, but we like to give our customers the most realistic timeframes in order to avoid disappointment. We understand this is frustrating, however we appreciate your patience during this unprecedented time. Our team is doing their best to assist all customers as quickly as possible.

John N.
John N.asked

Where is my refund. P&O say it has been paid. Why haven't I received it? John Nielsen Ref TOCS289736

Hi John,

I believe your consultant Fiona has reached out to you today to give you an update on this.

Please check your emails for correspondence from her regarding your refund.

Kind Regards,

TravelOnline Team

Louise D
Louise Dasked

Are Travel online going to honour Qantas re booking and Marriot cancellation policy. Ie due to travel to Hawaii but due to quarantines cannot travel. Qantas says no cost changes and Marriot can get full refunds up to 24 hours ahead. Is this going to be an exhausting and arduous task, at minimum cost or are you still going to folllow your less than 45 day out refund.

TravelOnline C.Travel Online

As I'm sure you can appreciate this situation is changing very rapidly and we are doing our best to keep up with it all and help as many people out as we can. Previously we were bound by the terms of the airlines and hotels however over the weekend the airlines announced they will relax their change or cancellation policies and we are happy to pass that same flexibility on to you. I encourage you to contact your consultant again so that we can assist you based on these new developments.

Get an answer from our members and Travel Online representatives