Listing monitored by Travel Online

• Trip Completed Yes (0) · No (1)
  • Ease of Booking

Not refunding-covid-19

TravelOnline C.Travel Online
Rameeza A.
Rameeza A.

Thank you for the response...highly appreciated

MelN
MelNSydney

There is only 1 advantage to this site, the rest is ordinary

Jess Buffier
Jess BuffierCanberra

Disappointing service while a lovely agent was on leave

They just didn't listen

Michelle M.Travel Online

Lack of communication

I booked an overseas holiday for me and my family, could not get my agent to respond to emails or phonecalls not really what you want when out laying that sort of money without knowing whats going on.

Yogesh Sagta
Yogesh SagtaAuckland

Customer services was not good

Online advertise is different than in person. False statements, online site says breakfast included and they were saying not included. Seems not bothered how customer will be feeling. No sorry etc.

Graham Grigg
Graham Grigg

Melbourne Cup Cruise 2018

I have travelled with this mob 3 or 4 times to sth east Asia with my family They were very thorough and help. But i recently enquired about a 2018 Melb Cup cruise that was on special. The woman i spoke with didn't really seem to interested to help. Just seemed like she was going through the motions. I called up about 7 days later to pay my deposit but was told specials have expired & there's nothing she can do about it. So i went to another online cruise specialist. Got a better deal and the person was heaps more helpful.

DD06
DD06MELBOURNE

Hidden expenses

Lara
LaraSaibai Island

Second party booking

Due to the fact that I was booking with Travel Online and they needed to check with the resort if my booking was successful. Eg: I booked a room with a shared bathroom. They checked with the resort and came back and said no that option was not available - but the garden room was available at a higher price. So agreed with that option. The next day got an email to say they had checked with the resort, that option was not available and only the Sea Fronted Room was available at a much higher cost. So I then agreed with that option. Fortunately I was able to successfully obtain a room for my dates of travel. Four days later, many emails and phone calls -

Find out how Travel Online compares to other Booking Services

Difficult to get in touch with

Review collected in partnership with Travel Online

They left me standing !!!

Booked day tour of Nadi, Fiji online. Got the confirmation. I was waiting in front of the hotel over 1,5 hour. Nobody came to pick me up. Finally hotel employee called agency and find out I was the only one who booked this trip, so they have cancelled that. I did not get any email from them. It was too late to book this trip with another company and I was leaving Fiji very next day. Because of this unprofessional company I saw only my hotel and the road to airport. You have ruined my vacations. Two stars for giving me my money back. But I was expecting more than that. Will never book with you again.

Hamilton Island family holiday

Hidden surcharges

MichelleMelbourne

Issue with Airfare purchased from Travel Online

We ended up stranded in Fiji after buying an airfare from Travel Online that was not valid. We had to buy another ticket at the airport. This was very distressing. Travel Online are refusing to reimburse us for consequential loss which they are required to do under Australian Consumer Law.

Travel Online should provide the refund

GlennTravel Online
Michelle

Selling something they haven't bought yet.

GlennTravel Online

Margaret_Barrett
Margaret_Barrettasked

I would like to know why it is taking you 61/2 month to refund the airline fares which you cancelled because of the covid you were very quick to take the money, 180days for the airline and then 12 week for you to refund WHY???????? Do I need to go to the ombudsman. I need some answers. When I asked for the refund you said 10 week now you tell me more

Hi Margaret,

We'd certainly be happy to follow this up for you and find out exactly what is happening with your refund. Can you please provide your TOCS reference number so that we can locate your booking in the system and give you an update?

TravelOnline M.Travel Online

Hi Margaret, I passed your concerns on to our Reservations Manager who was able to locate your booking in our system. I believe she has since reached out to you to update you on the status of your refund. The airline has refunded your airfares way ahead of schedule which is great news! We received your refund request on the 7th of August and are very pleased to report that we received the funds back from the airline on the 28th of September, far ahead of the 180 days the airline had originally told us it would take. Upon receipt of these funds you were immediately added to our refund queue which has an approximate 12 week turn around due to the extremely high volumes of refunds that our accounts department is currently processing. You may receive your funds sooner than this, but we like to give our customers the most realistic timeframes in order to avoid disappointment. We understand this is frustrating, however we appreciate your patience during this unprecedented time. Our team is doing their best to assist all customers as quickly as possible.

John N.
John N.asked

Where is my refund. P&O say it has been paid. Why haven't I received it? John Nielsen Ref TOCS289736

Hi John,

I believe your consultant Fiona has reached out to you today to give you an update on this.

Please check your emails for correspondence from her regarding your refund.

Kind Regards,

TravelOnline Team

Louise D
Louise Dasked

Are Travel online going to honour Qantas re booking and Marriot cancellation policy. Ie due to travel to Hawaii but due to quarantines cannot travel. Qantas says no cost changes and Marriot can get full refunds up to 24 hours ahead. Is this going to be an exhausting and arduous task, at minimum cost or are you still going to folllow your less than 45 day out refund.

TravelOnline C.Travel Online

As I'm sure you can appreciate this situation is changing very rapidly and we are doing our best to keep up with it all and help as many people out as we can. Previously we were bound by the terms of the airlines and hotels however over the weekend the airlines announced they will relax their change or cancellation policies and we are happy to pass that same flexibility on to you. I encourage you to contact your consultant again so that we can assist you based on these new developments.

Get an answer from our members and Travel Online representatives