Listing monitored by Travel Online

1.4
  • Trip Completed Yes · No (55)
katherineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A horrible experience

We have tried for days to rebook a trip cancelled due to covid. Travelonline said there was no availability at the hotels, even though there was availability on their website. They have now cancelled the bookings without authorization. Insurance won't cover all our costs, so they have lost us thousands. They won't respond to messages or calls. This is causing unknown stress while we are meant to be recovering from covid. Completely unacceptable - would not ever recommend anyone booking with Travelonline.

katherine

We have just received a call from Fiji airlines asking why we did not turn up to the airport - so it looks like you didn't cancel the flight and we currently have no credit for the airfares??

Stay clear.

Custer service is pathetic.stay clear of this company. I tried numerous calls and emails requesting some form of communication and received nothing. I would never use this organization again. W

George
George

Spare me your genetic excuse. You have my number, if you really cared about people and the reputation of your business you would call.

Hi George,

Thank you for PMing us with that extra info. I will have our Reservations Manager reach out to you to assist in getting this rectified.

LincolnSydney, NSW

Dodgy travel agent

Lincoln

Ref: TOCS314202. Please give me my flight credit voucher and I want to book directly with Virgin Australia airline. The grief you have caused me, I don't want to continue that any further.

Hi Lincoln,

Thank you for that information. I have passed on all of your feedback to our Reservations Manager who will be able to assist you.

MarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No Communication!

Mark

Yeah i read your copy paste response in the last message!
Whats the point in providing a TOCS number? It seems you're too busy with the borders reopening to do anything.. unless it goes public.

TravelOnline M.Travel OnlineSend a private message

We'd like to help you Mark, but without your TOCS reference we're unable to locate your booking in our system. If you would like further assistance, please advise.

Donovan
DonovanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Burnt bridges

Nearly 3 years later and still waiting for our refund of over $4500! Such a pity as they were very helpful with the original booking but due to the lack of “fight” to get my money back they have lost me as a future customer! The automatic reply of “We will only respond after 72 hours due to high demand” for past 3 years has not changed-They lay blame with the airline but unfortunately they are the company that I paid for the service through. All other travel reservations will get refunds actioned asap.

Extremely Frustrating!!

• Booking TypeFlights
Robbie
RobbieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor communication and are near impossible to contact .

We have tried numerous times via phone and email to contact travel online. We are trying to book a trip with credit from a cancelled holiday due to Covid in 2020. Travel online would not give us a refund for the cancelled trip and now we can’t get in contact to use the credit. Very frustrating as airfares and prices are increasing and we still can’t in contact.

GregSydney, NSW

Beware - only out to take money from you!

Disgraceful customer service. Have been given the run around since COVID hit. Refuse to give us a refund saying the airline tickets are already purchased?? What from two years ago? Now finally trying to rebook and have bumped the prices up and said ‘out of our control’. They now want us to pay extra for the same ‘tickets’ we purchased originally. If the tickets were already purchased as you say, why would we need to now pay more????We are not in financial position to pay extra and flat out refuse to help us. Why would a refund not be given if you can’t offer what was originally purchased. Buyer beware!

Bree B.South East Queensland, QLD

No responses - trying to book another holiday

Hi there
We had a holiday to Fiji we could attend now we are trying to rebook but aren’t receiving a call back. We are wanting to try and rebook for next month - the phones go straight to message bank and no reply via email - apparently have a credit but can’t even book ourselves.. want to get cheapest flights but they’re getting dearer by the day

Bree B.

They call back then say to email through as urgent, and then nothing.
Flights are getting dearer by the day. And all the good flights for our dates are going. Why can’t you send me the details for my credit so I can book myself without days delays…

Fil C.
Fil C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This company is to be avoided at all cost. Read ALL reviews to inform yourself.

TravelOnline M.Travel OnlineSend a private message

We apologise for the delay with you receiving your refund. I understand that you have been offered a refund from us and we are awaiting further details from you.

Peter
PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Complete lack of customer service.

Travel online slowness to change bookings due to a canceled flight cost us accommodation which they told us was our problem and to claim on insurance. Trying to rebook accomodation via them as the flight credits are through them. They are now trying to sell us flights again. Most hopeless organisation ever. Regret having engaged them.

• Booking TypeAccommodation, Car Hire, Flights and Tour
Andrea S.
Andrea S.

Poor customer support

Eligible for refund (Covid)2020 .initially told “should have read the fine print”Then up to 6 months ,then told 12 months before refund could be available.14 months from initial request funds arrived .Quick to take your money and then silence .Never again

Hannah
HannahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible. Primitive company, no concern for customer service

I stupidly booked a trip to Fiji in march 2020. Since then we've had credits to use once the world opened up. Travel Online have been nothing but frustrating to deal with. Proposed itinerary sent our of date order, a break down of costs not available through their system. I'm close to giving up on my credits because it's way too difficult to deal with this company.

• Booking TypeAccommodation, Flights and Tour

Laura T
Laura T

Do not book through Travel Online

Have used Travel Online multiple times but would never use them again, after our last experience. I'm STILL waiting on a refund from 2020 and can still not get an answer as to when.

Natalie
NatalieNew South Wales

Horrible Treatment by Customer Service - Do not book a holiday here

I booked a family trip to Fiji in 2020. With respect and providing the business extensive understanding of the impact of COVID on the travel industry, I have tried on and off for 12 months to receive a refund for my flights (travel credit) as I have not been able to travel due to medical conditions. I was originally made to think this would be an easy process. I have provided a medical certificate exemption which an airline will usually accept for refund. They ended up just not replying to my emails regarding the issue and are no longer taking phone call enquiries. After reading other reviews it doesn't look like rebooking or using the travel credit will be possible. Buyers Beware Do Not Book Through This Company.

Unhappy Customer

Terrible and just an ongoing nightmare.
Hand over your money to this company at your own risk cause I did and now still living in the nightmare of it all. Good luck.

• Booking TypeFlights