Travel Online

• Trip Completed Yes (181) · No (25)
  • Ease of Booking

Nick R.

Nick R.

5 STARS

I have booked multiple holidays with TravelOnline. I can say it has great deals and is very easy to navigate. They let me know as soon as something pops up, and is easy enough to be able to adjust/cancel booking. I would highly recommended booking through this website, as they do the hard stuff for you! Suceeds expectations.

Lynda W

Lynda WSydney

Great service during these unsettled times

I had several holidays booked with Travelonline when the borders closed. One in Fiji and later, because I thought at least interstate borders would stay open, one on Heron Island. Both fell foul of border closures. I was worried because so many have simply lost all their payments, but travel online were great. Getting me a full refund for Heron Island, refund of my accommodation deposits for Fiji and credit for flights (as that was all the airlines had offered). This meant I could rebook Fiji for mid next year without the worry that my money would be lost.

Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

Do not hand over one cent to travel online - appalling customer service

DonovanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do Not use this company!!

Booking TypeFlights

Hi,

As per the above comment, my booking can be used for any travel service you offer such as flights, accommodation or holiday packages?

Hi Donovan,

That is correct, yes. Any flight credit must be used with the airline you originally booked with and is bound by their terms and conditions but the remaining credit for your booking can be used on any other travel service that we sell.

Ian

IanBundaberg

What a waste of my time this was.

Spent an hour with my wife looking at available bookings through this company. Made booking only to get a phone call 2 days later saying that my booking was not confirmed or available. I then phoned the resort directly and made a booking easily. Do not use this site to book accommodation. I have just spent some time reading the large number of poor reviews for this company. I wish that I had read these before trying to book through travelonline because I would not have wasted my time and would have gone elsewhere immediately.

Martin

MartinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still Waiting for agent to call me

I called at 4.30pm on Wednesday Afternoon & was advised that an agent would call me back.
I called again at 2.00pm on Thursday Afternoon & was asked if an agent could call me back & I said I was still waiting to hear from yesterday, the reply was I will mark it URGENT.
Its now 4pm on Thursday & still Nothing.
I wouldn't waste my time with this company, we were about to book for a group of 6 on the Spirit of the Outback railway In first class, but dont worry about it. We have taken our business elsewhere.
Today is Saturday at 0850 & still have heard nothing from this company, glad it wasn't urgent, glad I took my business elsewhere

TravelOnline M.Travel Online

Do not book through travel online.

Kim

KimSouth East Queensland, QLD

I would NOT RECOMMEND TravelOnline.com - Frustrating, disappointing and full of contradictory information

Jesse D.

Jesse D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Impersonal service, metiocre response!

Peter M.

Peter M.Sydney, NSW

Corrupt company cashing in on customers

I booked a trip via travel online which I had to cancel due to travel ban in Australia. The hotel confirmed free cancellation and advised travel online had not paid them. Travel online cashed in and refused to provide a cash refund, providing voucher only. The idiots went as far as first to lie about hotels/flights not having provided a refund but when I shared the email they changed their tune. Its very unlikely the company will survive so I can only assume it is to pay CEO and leader bonus as they would be getting job keeper to pay their staff. Do not use as they will screw you over to their benefit

Fil

FilGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I would never go through Travel Online again in my life.

Tracey SoloNew South Wales

Never use Travel online!!!!

I had a holiday to Hayman Island booked. Due to the Coronavirus we couldn’t go. Travel online will not refund and only offer credit vouchers. Other travel agents are giving refunds. Why should they keep my money?? I won’t be able to take holidays, so being able to rebook is impossible. I’m so disappointed. They have my $14,000 and I can’t get my money back. Don’t use this company, whatever you do.

Sanjay L.

Sanjay L.Sydney, NSW

Gave us useless vouchers to protect their sales commission

Not refunding covid-19

Had Bali Accom booked for 22april to 30april.
Booked flights and another hotel seperatly and was fully refunded.
Travelonline said they received booking credit from Bali hotel, but the credit voucher received is for travelonline? The credit expires on 22april 2020 there is no chance of safe travel in this time frame. I pray this company has Liquidation Insurance as I’m doubtful this company will exist in twelve months time.
As others have mentioned I will be pursuing this matter as a broken contract and encourage all others to do the same

Ab1

Hope they don't go insolvent

Not refunding-covid-19

Rameeza A.
Rameeza A.

Thank you for the response...highly appreciated

Wont refund cancellation

Due to age , coronavirus and advice of the government accommodation was cancelled and a refund was requested. I cannot travel at any other time. Was told no refund only a credit. The hotel has not been paid for this money as I have a checked, it i still held by Travel Online but they wont refund it, only wish to provide a credit which is no good to me. Would not have booked if I had known that there was no refund. This is simply greedy tactics, take your money but no refund . Very bad business indeed. It was booking reference QW4255952

David Lawson

A complaint has now been forwarded to the ACCC for a review.

jacqui

Jetstar Refunded my cancelled flights and Travelonline wont pass on my Refund..

Booking TypeFlights
jacqui

Thank you I am not asking for anything I am not entitled to. I would just like an email confirmation that once you receive my refund from Jetstar it will be refunded back to me.

jacqui

Hi, Can you please let me know if this has been looked at yet. I cant work because I am fostering my baby grandson and my husband has just lost his job. This is very stressful for us. Can you please communicate with us..

Mandy

MandyNew South Wales

Warning consider booking any travel with travel online

They are not looking after customers during convid 19. I’ve been told I have to wait 12 weeks for a refundable accommodation booking. I understand they have many customers affected but should be looking after the welfare of each customers situation which is different in each case.

Warning: No Flexibility with Coronavirus

andyg83
andyg83

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Great to hear hotels and airlines are crediting customers now. I’ve sent an email about my $200 deposit if it can be refunded or as credit. Look forward to your reply. Understand you are busy now so happy to wait.

steve a.

steve a.

Great trip: stunning scenery and genuinely friendly people

Excellent feedback to queries prior to trip which was excellent in current uncertainty. Very friendly people in stress free, lush landscape. Tours from resort were intimate and informative and resort was incredibly relaxing.

• +2
Trip CompletedYes
Booking TypeAccommodation, Flights and Tour
TravelOnline C.Travel Online

Hi Steve, We're so happy to hear you had such a great experience with us. We really appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to helping you book your next trip.

Margaret_Barrett

Margaret_Barrettasked

I would like to know why it is taking you 61/2 month to refund the airline fares which you cancelled because of the covid you were very quick to take the money, 180days for the airline and then 12 week for you to refund WHY???????? Do I need to go to the ombudsman. I need some answers. When I asked for the refund you said 10 week now you tell me more

Hi Margaret,

We'd certainly be happy to follow this up for you and find out exactly what is happening with your refund. Can you please provide your TOCS reference number so that we can locate your booking in the system and give you an update?

TravelOnline M.Travel Online

Hi Margaret, I passed your concerns on to our Reservations Manager who was able to locate your booking in our system. I believe she has since reached out to you to update you on the status of your refund. The airline has refunded your airfares way ahead of schedule which is great news! We received your refund request on the 7th of August and are very pleased to report that we received the funds back from the airline on the 28th of September, far ahead of the 180 days the airline had originally told us it would take. Upon receipt of these funds you were immediately added to our refund queue which has an approximate 12 week turn around due to the extremely high volumes of refunds that our accounts department is currently processing. You may receive your funds sooner than this, but we like to give our customers the most realistic timeframes in order to avoid disappointment. We understand this is frustrating, however we appreciate your patience during this unprecedented time. Our team is doing their best to assist all customers as quickly as possible.

John N.

John N.asked

Where is my refund. P&O say it has been paid. Why haven't I received it? John Nielsen Ref TOCS289736

Hi John,

I believe your consultant Fiona has reached out to you today to give you an update on this.

Please check your emails for correspondence from her regarding your refund.

Kind Regards,

TravelOnline Team

Louise D

Louise Dasked

Are Travel online going to honour Qantas re booking and Marriot cancellation policy. Ie due to travel to Hawaii but due to quarantines cannot travel. Qantas says no cost changes and Marriot can get full refunds up to 24 hours ahead. Is this going to be an exhausting and arduous task, at minimum cost or are you still going to folllow your less than 45 day out refund.

TravelOnline C.Travel Online

As I'm sure you can appreciate this situation is changing very rapidly and we are doing our best to keep up with it all and help as many people out as we can. Previously we were bound by the terms of the airlines and hotels however over the weekend the airlines announced they will relax their change or cancellation policies and we are happy to pass that same flexibility on to you. I encourage you to contact your consultant again so that we can assist you based on these new developments.

Get an answer from our members and Travel Online representatives