TravelCard Real-Time Travel Insurance

See the Best Travel Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by TravelCard Real-Time Travel Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (10)
    • 1-2 weeks (17)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (6)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (34) · No (6)

Highly recommend this company for travel insurance its truly is peace of mind

Orr policy has been great value, I was recently on the gold coast when i lost my car keys in the ocean as forgot they were in my pocket when I was thrown in after mucking around on the beach.
I called Travelcard and they were very responsive and helpful. Nothing was a problem told me exactly what I had to do and I followed their information step by step and gather all required paperwork and all was approved would highly recommend Subashini and the team to everyone. I have new car keys thank you travelcard.

Hi Debbie,
Thank you so much for your review. Subashini and her team will be thrilled with your feedback.
Jo

Great Travel Insurance for Business & Leisure

My mountain bike was stolen while on a business trip. The claim process was straight forward and was finalised in a timely manner (approx. 3 weeks). The policy is good value for the level of cover.

Sharon
SharonSydney, NSW

Excellent claims service

After my first trip to Japan was cancelled due to COVID-19 I made my very first travel insurance claim and I was very surprised that my claim was accepted and settled in 7 days.
Thank you very much to the claims officers, this is excellent service.

lynne m.
lynne m.Hobart, TAS

Excellent: clear and responsive in time of need

TravelCard were impressive in their response to a claim we needed to make. The claim process was clear and the company responded in a timely manner, particularly considering the impact of the pandemic upon everyone. In fact, I was particularly appreciative that they sent me a prompt to follow up on my claim when I hadn't followed up after my intial claim. I would certainly engage their services without reservation in the future.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Travel Insurance

Find out how TravelCard Real-Time Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Thomas
ThomasSydney, NSW

I Lodged a claim in July and had it processed in a week with no issues.
I will continue to renew with them as the policy was good value.
This was my first claim.

DestinationEurope
Emma Smith
Emma SmithGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Customer Experience you can expect

I submitted a claim recently being the out of pocket portion after waiting 12 weeks to get a refund from Flight Centre.
I received a quick reply about the claim (triage clearly working) and then after submitting the rest of the information required, there was a degree of silence.
I appreciate that this pandemic has caused unprecedented working conditions and impact on normal service levels, however it may be worth considering how you keep customers informed even if there is no ETA, a simple acknowledgement would be helpful. I've now received the refund (minus an excess) so Im clearly happy with the outcome. Thanks

Very poor effort from Travelcard

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Shelley
ShelleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Appalling turnaround times and communication

Declined claim within 2 days but declined on incorrect reasons. Evidence sent to support claim and now they know they have to pay im still waiting 6 weeks later. On hold for over an hour and just keep getting told its with a claims manager. Sent a complaint over a week ago and not even acknowledged. Will not use again

Extremely Poor

I appreciate there will be an influx of claims due to Covid-19. I am an insurance broker claiming on a corporate travel policy and have been dis-maid at the quality of service. I wouldn't sell this to one of our customers for fear of the repercussions should we need to claim.

Chris
ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No communication and very poor service

Claim lodged on 2/4/2020. No reply until 14/2/20. Still no contact or reply to confirm they had received the required documents and wasted 30 minutes on the telephone on the 7/5/20 still to no avail. Basic clear cut claim following cancellation of annual leave by employer. PDS states full claim entitlement in the given circumstances. Not worth you time or money with no piece of mind.

Unprofessional and poor service

Marina W.
Marina W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Doesnt even rate a star - had to note one to post review

Pathetic is a kind word for this organisation. I am in the same situation as other people - taken out well before the onset of Covid-19, and a pro-rata refund. In addition, rude staff. After asking the operator to contact me by email as she had called me during my workday, she ignored my request and continued talking. Will NEVER touch this company again.

Deborah Burgess
Deborah BurgessGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Appalling Service

pathetic

Will.not cover pandemic ..bought insurance last year well before this became an issue ...should have used woolworths ..they are covering...i travel numerous times a year...they will never have my business again

Suzi
SuziMid North Coast, NSW

Good value

We have used Travel Card many times for our business trips and family holidays, always found their cover and service good value. Our claim took longer than expected due to Coronavirus but we were pleased with the outcome. Will definitely use again when we are able to travel!

Flossasked

Now we have a pandemic announced We basically have no travel insurance! Do we get a refund on our premium paid, since you are not going to be covering us

Hi Floss,

Please contact us on 1300 123 413 and we will be happy to help you with cancelling your policy for a refund.

Regards,
Lachlan

Floss

I’m enquiring about Level 4 travel ban. Are we entitled to a refund on premium paid???

Flossasked

If our pending trip is cancelled due to pandemic do we get a refund of our premium paid Purchased on 10/1/2020?

Hi Floss,

If you have canceled your trip and would like to cancel your policy for a refund, please contact us on 1300 123 413 and we will be happy to help.

Regards,
Lachlan

Terry Basked

If the airline cancels the flight am I still covered by insurance?

Hi Terry,

Your coverage will depend on the reason for why the airline cancelled your flights e.g. Strikes, weather, hijack, civil protest or accident.

Generally if the airline cancels a flight due to something that is within their control like engineering issues or issues relating to the operating of the flight e.g staffing requirements then there would not be coverage.

We advise that if you are overseas and your flight is cancelled please call our on trip assistance team on +61 2 7909 2777 OR if you are still in Australia and would like further clarification call 1300 123 413.

Terry B

If we need to cancel out trip, due to unforeseen circumstances eg illness does insurance cover all the accommodation cancellation fees as well as airfares?

Hey Terry,

Cheers for your enquiry.

Regarding cancellation due to illness, we will require medical documentation to confirm you cannot travel. In addition to this, we require confirmation of the diagnosis and the date of diagnosis. It’s a policy requirement to determine if the condition that has caused you to cancel is a pre-existing medical condition or not.

Please contact our claims team if you wish to discuss further

See all TravelCard Real-Time Travel Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and TravelCard Real-Time Travel Insurance representatives

CategoryTravel Insurance