Travelex Cash Passport

Travelex Cash Passport

See the Best Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Travelex

1.1
  • Competitive Exchange Rate Yes · No (12)
Helen B.
Helen B.South East Queensland, QLD

If I could click 0 stars I would! Don't waste your cash!!!

CurrencyTHB and USD

Terrible card

This card incurred a $10 fee each time I withdrew while in Thailand and then it stopped working for about a month. At the same time the site went down, along with the app so couldn't check my balance (also the site is still down after almost 2 months). It became really difficult to do anything with the card so I eventually had to transfer my money leftover on my card to my bank which incurs a $10 fee and the rates are terrible too. The only silver lining was the customer service when I reached them eventually was okay. I would recommend the Citibank or ING cars instead that has no withdrawal fees.

CurrencyAUD and THB
Pen
PenCurtin 2605, ACT

Terrible experience

One star too many. Difficult to transfer funds onto with a user unfriendly app. The ransomware hit Travelex whilst I was in Spain, I could not access funds, check my balance etc. Luckily I had another bank travel card with me and had not transferred too much money onto Travelex. Got back to Australia and withdrew the money and cut up the card. Never again.

Competitive Exchange Rate No

Travelex - have taken my money

Travelex has been down for over one week and how they have communicated with their customers is nothing short of disgusting. How can a company this size not have back up options. I would recommend everyone going to the bankers ombudsman and insist on all funds to be returned immediately.

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Travelex Cash Passport compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Leila
Leila

Terrible

Fees on this card is ridiculous!! They state there is no fees only to be bombarded with them!
And when you dont use the card you get charged more fees! Company is rigged and so are their products!

CurrencyUSD

Devastating!

Fees are shocking. We didn't get anywhere near value for money. Do not recommend this card to anyone. Am trying to retrieve whatever little is left, but can find no way to do this, either with the bank online or calling. Awful service and no backup help at all.

CurrencyEUR
Competitive Exchange Rate No

You would be better off using your usual bank card

All this company does is add fees onto each transaction. They prompt you to join however, do not give you an opportunity to read the PDS. So you do not know what you are signing up for. FEES FEES FEES. Shame on you Heritage Bank.

CurrencyAUD and NZD

Usury At The Worst

Putting money on the card is easy. Getting money off the card, or switching to a different currency, is an enormous loss. I put US$1500 dollars on the card, and then needed to convert the currency. I lost $241.05 in the transaction. Travelex Customer Service just shrugged. 18% for clicking two buttons. Note that if this was done in person at a Travelex kiosk, there is no fee for over US$1,000 in currency exchange. This is a terrible product, designed for Travelex to rob you rather than a convenient way to pay when traveling.

CurrencyCAD and USD
Anne
AnneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Total ripoff!!! Avoid< avoid<avoid!!!

We put in $400 Australian dollars, and spent less that $10 on the card. We were told today that we will be getting $289 back. I am beyond angry. Noone told me that I would lose 25% of my money by using this card. They tell you it is the safest option for travelling. Don't fear losing your money while travelling. The real robbers that you need to worry about ... are Travelex!!! Never again!!! Credit cards only, from now on!

Anna
AnnaAustralian Capital Territory

Rip off

Be aware of the terrible exchange rate to transfer your money off the card. I opened an account and four hours later transferred the money off, because I decided to go with a Commbank travel card instead, and lost just over AUD$900. At no point was this highlighted to me and I was unable to find any information regarding exchange rates, for this action, in their policy. Customer service was unhelpful. I will never recommend this travel card to anyone.

Travelling al
Travelling al

Don't use this if you want an easy holiday

Travelled to Japan through Malaysia; rarely was this card accepted. Tried PIN, different accounts (credit/debit etc), signing etc etc; it just wouldn't process and the business ended up saying they didn't accept.
Struggled to get cash out. Got a larger amount out twice in 10 days (AUD200); every other time we tried it wouldn't work or gave us just AUD10 per day.
Made our holiday stressful and difficult.

CurrencyJPY
Lesley
Lesley

Never ever again!

CurrencyAUD

Harveyson. D
Harveyson. Dasked

To what email address do I send my AU Travelex cash out form to?

Glen
Glen

I don't know about the form. I doubt there is such a thing as you need to prove identity and emailing that to someone means they can access your acccount. If someone sent you a form it may be a scam.
You can cash out to a bank account all online or go to a travelex shop location - a good thing about Travelex is they have lots of locations.
With the current ransomware crisis the main website is still down. However, you can use au.travelexmoneycard.com web site. Enter your card, email and password to log on. Go to transfer money tab.
The exchange rate is really bad for most currencies and they even charge a $10 fee on top of that.
If you buy things online - maybe use your travelex card and you may get a better exchange rate - not sure. I am thinking of testing this (expecting to save around 5 to 10% depending on currency conversion).

John M
John Masked

How do I check account used to load my Travelex card?
I believe amount loaded on to my Travelex card is being taken off one of my credit cards which costs me in fees. How do I change Travel ex instructions so that amount being transferred to my Travelex card is in future deducted from my bank debit card?
Help urgently appreciated
John

louisafrancini293
louisafrancini293asked

How do I cancel my CashPassport Card and retrieve the little that is left in it?

See all Travelex Cash Passport questions

Get an answer from our members and Travelex representatives

CategoryTravel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges