Travelex Cash Passport

Travelex Cash Passport (page 2 of 10)

See the Best Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Travelex

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (3) · No (13)
Tony
TonyAdelaide

Never use Travelex

Avoid this company do not use!!!

I checked the Exchange rates online - and proceeded to exchange my money
After receiving my money, it didn’t seem right - I looked at the receipt and the exchange rate wasn’t the same - when I questioned this they said the online rate is a “guide” and they can set their exchange at whatever they want
I exchanged $500 and got ripped off $89 aus compared to ANY other company for exchanging money
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY !!!

Lisa K
Lisa K

Would never recommend this card

This is not a service I would recommend again

The product is comparatively expensive, difficult to move money off in cash especially when you have a last bit of money on the card and want to use it before you close it. I have been forced to use this product due to South African restrictions on using money to travel, but it has always been a stressful, bureaucratic and expensive experience. Save yourself the stomach ulcers and find another product. Unhelpful and uninformed service staff also.

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Travelex Cash Passport compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Jo loves her kids
Jo loves her kidsAdelaide

Worst Card Ever!

Absolute worst card ever. This card attracted additional fees overseas, the exchange rate was poor, atm’s didn’t recognize the card, I lost $500 in excess charges and atm mistakes and customer service was useless. Was left stranded on the last 2 days of my holiday unable to access my last $500 which I had set aside for cab fares and airport fees. Customer service could not have cared less. I never got the money back. $500 down because I chose this card.

Easily hacked, no customer service

Caitlin
CaitlinBrisbane

Absolutely useless

Charged currency conversion fees when having sufficiency funds off desired currency, no help at all and hidden fees that no other travel cards have. Would give 0 stars if I could.

Tony18670
Tony18670Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not worth having

Could not get money from an ATM when we were overseas because the card had expired even though we still had Euros on it.
Travelex agencies in Europe would not assist telling us that we had to go to the store we originally purchased the card from. We have just spent nearly 2 hours with the Travelex agent in Frankston today trying to close our account and getting our money out. The agent (who was helpful and patient) was making numerous calls to Melbourne and overseas because our money had just disappeared. (We finally got the money) While the agents customer service can't be faulted the whole Travelex Cash Passport system is utter rubbish. Never again!

Kyliek
KyliekAdelaide

AWFUL

Useless card, hidden fees, had trouble reloading, had trouble getting an actual balance, emailed for help no response, phoned and even less help, App was useless, could maybe open in 1 in 20 times I tried, and then I get slugged more fees after my trip to withdraw the balance, that was "unavailable" while I was overseas. Never ever again, waste of time effort and money, could have just taken my Anz Visa overseas, and it would have cost me less in fees, with much less hassle.

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Might as well pour money down the drain

I received this card as a gift, and had trouble activating the card. Call centre was extremely unhelpful and ended up hanging up and figuring it out by myself. Additionally, I have been loading money on but apparantley the lowest you can load on is $100 so I have literally LOST all of the money I have loaded on because it has been less than 100$.

Poor

Was advised by the school to obtain on for sons trip. Poor exchange rates. App wont work for a 14 year old and the phone help was clueless. I suggest look elsewhere.

Stay away from this card - it is full of hidden fee's

We made the mistake of taking this card with us on a trip to Spain. We were told there were no fee's to access our money from ATM's or elsewhere. It sounded great. It wasn't. The first time we withdrew money out of an ATM we were slugged a huge 100 Euro 'currency conversion fee'. When we checked the account we realised that every time we used the card we were were charged this 'conversion fee'. We emailed Travelex asking for help and an explanation, it took 4 days for a response and the response was an automated email response saying they couldn't help. Stay away from this card unless you want added stress to your holiday and your hard earned money disappearing in fees.

Ratt
RattEvans Head

A disgrace

It’s a shame there is not a minus star rating because this card is definitely a contender for a sub zero rating. It promised to be the travelers best solution whilst overseas however when put to the test it failed dismally leaving us stranded. Fortunately we had a back up plan but it could’ve all gone wrong had we relied on this card as our sole source of accessing money. The hidden fees are ridiculous, there is no flexibility in transferring currency, it is near on impossible to load money whilst outside of Australia, and the list goes on! I cannot warn people enough to stay away from this product. Travelex, thanks for nothing but grief.

Scam beware go elsewhere

They ripped us of over 440 aud in conversion rates compared to their very own app. We checked app 30mins later and we where mortified to find out when we got pressured into this card and to find we where given such bad exchange rates. Its cheaper to use your own bank card and do large withdrawels. No fees my butt. I understand there is a difference from xe.com to travelex exchange however not 11 -20 cent per dollar difference from travellex app to travellex store on first load up. We rang up to try and rectify but told its based on the agreed value at the time. They charge 5 dollars for withdrawel so not at all worth it ever.

electro
electroWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

A huge disappointment & puts persons at risk while overseas :( Say all the right things & delivered

Don
DonAdelaide

Traps withdrawing from overseas ATMs

Wayne
WayneMelbourne

Horrible product - they literally steal from you

Reloaded money at one point and although i received an order confirmation for a certain amount, somehow only received a fraction of it with the rest mysteriously disappearing. Customer service were incompetent and tried to blame my bank the cba. I am astounded they can literally steal money like this and need to be stopped

Shape Sifter
Shape SifterBrisbane

The Real cost is when you get home and want to withdraw

I got a good exchange rate from AUD to NZD for my holiday when I obtained this card. The rate was ~1.03 or ~1.04 which was very close to the cash spot price.

There did not seem to be many fees while getting and using this card. Seemed too good to be true. I found it was widely accepted in a large New Zealand tourist town.

Only after returning home have I discovered how this company makes it money: Obscene exchange rates when trying to reclaim any unspent foreign money. They want 1 AUD = 1.19 NZD which is 15% worse than the spot price. Ludicrous! Never will I use them again. Get a ING account or take CASH on your next holiday.

A legal scam - Stay well clear!!!

Another reviewer has described this card in the best way and I can't take any wind from her sails. This card is a money pit of unexplained and unfair fees. Don't go near it. Stick to the tried and true travellers cheques. Every time you make a transaction on this card you are being screwed and further the rates are absolute crap. This is in short, a legalised scam. My opinion of course. Venture in if you are game and foolish.

Carolyn
CarolynMelbourne

Stay away.

We have persevered with this card and it continues to disappoint. Mexico, we struggled to find an Eftpos machine where it would work. Thailand we could not find a machine at all where it would work. Finally found one inside a bank and it gave a hefty charge. My daughter had left over cash on it from the holiday so she bought her school books in February. They have just charged her in July for the books and have over drawn her card, not ideal for a student. Phoned to ask why and the women at the other end was rude and no help at all. This is the first time I have ever complained online but I really don't want others to use this service and to be disappointed. Stay away from this product.

Hutch
HutchSouth West, WA

Currency conversions at atms

I purchased a Travelex money card in Australia and used the EURO as my default currency. Currently in Europe and all ATMs are taking out a 5% currency conversion fee. Tried and tried to get some help from Travel ex but getting nowhere. My holiday funds are slowly being eradicated and there does not seem that I can do anything about it. When I get back home I will be contacting the ombudsman as their seems no other way to stop being ripped off.

Added stress I didn't need

It was my convenient, a way to keep life, now it destryed me

The past year I used this card, supporting my fiancé in a different country. We would marry next month. I travel to her country often. She became very ill, TB. A hole in her lung. I used this card for convenience. An easy way to get money to her. I sent a lot of money the last few months, in her country you must pay for treatment. Because I sent so much, travelex cancelled my card. Hours on the phone. They didn't understand. I only have one thing to say now. Travelex, you have ruined two lives. They tried to explain policies, I didn't make her the third party. Travelex may have killed my fiancé. They wont care. Be careful if it is a long term card. Ask so many questions.

A very expensive mistake

I would not recommend this card. It is a money pit of unexplained and unfair fees and charges. They even charge for BPay reloads even though the office where I was persuaded to get this card told me there were no fees. Also to get the remaining balance from the card they are charging $10. My experience with customer support was a waste of time.
There are much better cards out there so do some research before you get a card and do not rely on sales people to know their product or tell the truth.

Outright fraud. Complain to ACCC, as well as here.

This card is deceptive, false and misleading and breaches Australian Consumer Law many times over. Complain in writing to the ACCC as well as here and you might get your money back. If you complain to ACCC and we can collectively get them prosecuted for the millions they have fleeced from unsuspecting Australian tourists, then they can be forced to repay us, and the culprits could be put in gaol for this blatant MasterCard fraud.

Oh, and take no notice of the Travellex resellers posting 4 and 5 star reviews here. These guys are scum operating a debit card fraud, pure and simple. They'll do anything to get new business, because once you've bought one of these you'll never buy one again.

Other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges