Travelex Cash Passport

Travelex Cash Passport

See the Best Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Travelex

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (0) · No (1)
GlenSydney, NSW

Cash out or transfer rates are the worst

Don
DonAdelaide

Traps withdrawing from overseas ATMs

wayneE
wayneEAU

Unreliable and expensive

Bad service

Was told to exchange inside the gates because they don’t have enough Indian rupees, which is fair enough. Once inside, then asked me how much I needed... then told me there is NO rupees. (What’s the point of asking me how much I need if you had none?). Then apparently they had 2000 still not enough after talking to the person next door... which is fine. I said just give me what you have, but the person sounded like she doesn’t want to. So I just have to do it at Hong Kong airport, with less admin fees and likely to have better exchange rates too...

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Travelex Cash Passport compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Jen
JenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Stuck with no money

Don't bother losing hard-earned dollars!

SoniCat
SoniCatAU

Worst conversation rate plus fees and charges!!

Travelled to nz and burnt through all my money on this card in a few transactions. Thinking that there must be something wrong with the card I phoned up once home in aus and discovered that it was the outrageous conversation rate and transaction fees that ate up all the money! My husband did try to warn me too.. never again!

Not Happy Jan

I loaded up my multi cash passport days before I left. Only to find after five days still had no money. This company is making even more money by investing card holders money. That must be the reason why it can take up to a week before you have it. Felt very let down and embarrassed having to borrow money. Very poor service. But what are your options.

Beware of monthly inactivity charges

I was quite surprised when logging into my account after two years of non use to find that I had been charged a monthly inactivity fee of $4 AU per month ( this eat up my remaining balance). When I phoned up the call centre to find out what was going on they told me that I was in a negative situation and that I would have to transfer more funds onto my card to enable me to close down my account as it is in a negative situation. This is clearly wrong. I now have a currency card with my personal bank that charges no monthly inactivity fee. My advise to Multi currency cash card is to lift your game if you want to compete in this market. I feel ripped off big time.

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Some good point, some bad points

I have used travel cards before and find them a great way to use your money overseas. The major downfall with the cash passport card is that you cannot use it online. Yes, they say it is possible to use online but i tried to multiple times and on many different websites - the issue is that websites do not see it as a secure card as there is no name/address attached to the card. This became every frustrating when traveling and trying to book tickets etc that could only be done online. When i called them, they just said i was doing it wrong or the website was dodgy, but i tried many different times and it would never work. Also to avoid some of their fees, get it through a travel agent as some fee are waived.

Card Not Secure & Wall Of Silence After Claim

Fred E
Fred EPuerto Vallarta

The card works fine if you have all your money loaded at the purchase of your card. Fat chance of reloading from out of the country. Nobody at the top can fix what was correct at time of purchase. A very sad statement for Master Card holders and users. Don't use this service until they get their act together.

Denise Gregory
Denise GregoryPerth

Ok for shopping and ATM usage but that is all

Peter K
Peter KGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cash Passport is an imperfect product

We travelled the UK last year & the card worked well.....until it need a top up during the last 3 days. The money was finally credited 6 days later when back in Australia. Another problem is that the card cannot be used in Australia & cannot be closed at the bank where it was bought from but has to be done online. Mastercard- "lift your game" as it could be a good product.

Tess
TessSiens

Finally got a response

Harveyson. D
Harveyson. Dasked

To what email address do I send my AU Travelex cash out form to?

Glen

I don't know about the form. I doubt there is such a thing as you need to prove identity and emailing that to someone means they can access your acccount. If someone sent you a form it may be a scam.
You can cash out to a bank account all online or go to a travelex shop location - a good thing about Travelex is they have lots of locations.
With the current ransomware crisis the main website is still down. However, you can use au.travelexmoneycard.com web site. Enter your card, email and password to log on. Go to transfer money tab.
The exchange rate is really bad for most currencies and they even charge a $10 fee on top of that.
If you buy things online - maybe use your travelex card and you may get a better exchange rate - not sure. I am thinking of testing this (expecting to save around 5 to 10% depending on currency conversion).

John M
John Masked

How do I check account used to load my Travelex card?
I believe amount loaded on to my Travelex card is being taken off one of my credit cards which costs me in fees. How do I change Travel ex instructions so that amount being transferred to my Travelex card is in future deducted from my bank debit card?
Help urgently appreciated
John

louisafrancini293
louisafrancini293asked

How do I cancel my CashPassport Card and retrieve the little that is left in it?

See all Travelex Cash Passport questions

Get an answer from our members and Travelex representatives

CategoryTravel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges