Travelex Cash Passport

Travelex Cash Passport

See the Best Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Travelex

Pidgie
Pidgie

Consider using your normal credit card instead

Ok for Atm s. website has few problems.

I have pre loaded the card and used it in Australia 2 years running. Find it is OK to use at ATMs and couple of stores.
However when trying to log on to the account, I get error message stating too many attempts. Even when its the fIrst attempt ! Fill in your e-mail aďdress used and last 4 digits, but no box for password created with the account. Just to check a balance. This has occurred twice this trip. Guess I ll wait til I go next to the cash machine and get a balance.

Ps I m over 60 and very computer literate.

Teddy
Teddy

Don't use as security for hotels!

Used my card at check in for hotel security and now the funds are "pending" so can not use. The hotel has released the funds but after 2 weeks still no money. Called Travelex and they said I have to wait 30 days. Also if your card is rejected, say low funds that amount left is also "pending" for a few days. Everywhere else i had no problem.

HCC
HCCMelbourne

Useful once you understand it

Couple of tips. If you load it up in a foreign currency like euros make sure the merchant choose euros when charging you.
Use it to pay for your hotel but do not use it when booking or pre-authorisation which some hotels will ask for. Give them your credit card instead but when you check out then say you want to pay with your travelex card. Sometimes pre-authorisation don't get reversed for a while and your balance is reduced and therefore not available to spend.

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Travelex Cash Passport compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

It pays to know the cost and fees model - read the PDS

Useful if you're smart enough to do your homework before the actual trip

Easy loadable,exchange rates are reasonable considering the fact that these are tour companies,phone help desk is actually helpful if they pick up,ATM usage is a struggle if you're not careful. If you call the service center and end up speaking to Manila - RUN. Selling agents at stores are not reliable at all and don't know crap about the product. Always check the fees and limits and always have extra cash on you just in case. Not bad for a PREPAID card.

wilco
wilcoSydney

Jasper,rip off

I was in need of cash when in jasper Canada, June 16. My card had only Canadian and Hong Kong dollars on it. When I could only find one Mastercard atm at a local bank, I took $300 out and the machine seen the Canadian as Australian and converted the Canadian $300, to Australian and the exchange rate was $34. So to get $300 Canadian dollars it cost me $334. I had no problems when using this card any where else.

Mixed review

Happy to Share
Happy to ShareBrisbane

Better The Devil You Know :(

We have used this card in the USA a few years ago and Europe just recently and found it does basically what is advertised, Except BPay top up is not three business days more like five, frustrating and a trap if you are out of money. Always use an ATM attached to a bank that displays the Master Card symbol not one at a corner store or else where as they have smaller redraw limits and you don't know the fee's. I made the mistake of leaving money on the card and drawing it out at home to find the fee charged by Cash Card was around $30 dollars per transaction (Domestic ATM Charge), if you do a bank transfer to empty the account it is $10 dollars as I found out by trying it, Ah well next time I will know. Hope this helps.

anthony.a
anthony.asydney

Theifs never get this card again

....it's all scam be aware of them ....I'm still chasing my money($5k) for more then 3month promise to call back but never do ....

In Japan - try a 7-eleven convenience store

Using foreign credit or debit cards can be a nightmare in Japan in some places. Even trying to use a Japanese bank card as a debit card can be impossible. Plus, not every ATM has a multi-language option, even if it accepts a card. However, the ATMs in the 7-eleven convenience chain stores (not Lawson, and I don't know about the others) accept foreign cards, plus have English text to read on the touch screen. And you are never far from a 7-eleven store in Japan. At some airports (eg Fukuoka), there may be a free-standing 7-bank ATM if there is no store - ask around.

Website is not easy to navigate

Such a hard site to navigate around, it would be easier if they had a step by step way to reload your card otherwise issues will occur. I recommend calling them to help you through as we are very computer savy but we had issues understanding the reloading of the card. Once explained by a rep it went a lot easier. Lets hope the card atm so called no fees lets us enjoy our trip. Customer Service was phone call after phone call but in the end they helped us out. All I can say is read everything twice because there a details that you can overlook and will cost you hours on the phone .

neilmck
neilmckSydney, NSW

OK for ATM withdrawals - beware final charge

Julie
JulieAustralia

Create your own debit card

spyforce
spyforce
Amanda
Amanda

TIPS for users!! I've learnt from some experiences!

Harveyson. D
Harveyson. Dasked

To what email address do I send my AU Travelex cash out form to?

Glen
Glen

I don't know about the form. I doubt there is such a thing as you need to prove identity and emailing that to someone means they can access your acccount. If someone sent you a form it may be a scam.
You can cash out to a bank account all online or go to a travelex shop location - a good thing about Travelex is they have lots of locations.
With the current ransomware crisis the main website is still down. However, you can use au.travelexmoneycard.com web site. Enter your card, email and password to log on. Go to transfer money tab.
The exchange rate is really bad for most currencies and they even charge a $10 fee on top of that.
If you buy things online - maybe use your travelex card and you may get a better exchange rate - not sure. I am thinking of testing this (expecting to save around 5 to 10% depending on currency conversion).

John M
John Masked

How do I check account used to load my Travelex card?
I believe amount loaded on to my Travelex card is being taken off one of my credit cards which costs me in fees. How do I change Travel ex instructions so that amount being transferred to my Travelex card is in future deducted from my bank debit card?
Help urgently appreciated
John

louisafrancini293
louisafrancini293asked

How do I cancel my CashPassport Card and retrieve the little that is left in it?

See all Travelex Cash Passport questions

Get an answer from our members and Travelex representatives

CategoryTravel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges