Travelex Cash Passport

Travelex Cash Passport

See the Best Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Travelex

Anyeta
AnyetaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Service

VegasBaby
VegasBabySydney, NSW

Great Card

I obtained 4 Travelex Cash Passport cards for my kids which we used whilst travelling through the USA. I got the cards 3 days before we travelled and loaded $USD onto cards. One card was stolen and we called Travelex from the USA, cancelled the card immediately, were reassured no further transactions had occurred and used the second card. Kids were able to login in each day and track their spending which assisted them in budgeting. Customer Support was very helpful and there were no unexpected charges on the accounts.

Mel
MelSydney

Need to be a bit tech literate in order to use, but works well.

Topping up the card via the app (android) is not readily apparent. Had to navigate around the app quite a bit before finding it. Card itemisation for payments is not very good; needs to be better information on what you spent and where. Paying via bpay isn't a problem, however overseas if your bank has sms verification, this can be a problem due to roaming, etc. The card is useful, however, improvements should be made to the app.

rr
rrsyd

good exchange rate

Easy to obtain. Loading involves fiddly work on travelex.com.au website to get a Bpay reference number that you use to send money to travelex and hence your card. Using alternative methods costs 1%. Website is not very logical and you need to re-enter all your data as if applying for a new card each time you recharge. To get the best rate you must use Bpay as above. Card works ok. I bought it because of the 24hr replacement offer and the good exchange rates

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Travelex Cash Passport compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Karen S.
Karen S.

Was great, except for retrieving unused funds

Was easy and simple to use, accepted at all merchants we shopped at. Was given the advice by the Travelex Cashier NOT to use as security e.g. at hotels, etc, so just used our normal credit card and then when the time came we paid the bill with our Travelex card. All good. The only downside is I have just gone to retrieve unused funds and the cashier didn't have enough cash on hand, so now I have to go back. Mildly annoying.

Travelex - good customer service

Just bought $5,500 worth of euros and saved $72 versus the Commonwealth Bank rate. CBA really are a lousy bank these days and their customer service is atrocious! The lady at Travelex was most helpful in comparison. It's as if the CBA are doing you a favour when you withdraw your own cash. I've used Travelex for around 7 years now and have had very few problems. They're pretty good overall!

works fine for me

I have used this card in Ukraine for the last 6 years .never a drama.. its the local banks that are hitting me with higher fees there. but if used at supermarkets etc, no fee

No Complaints

The card was easy to load. The pin was easy to register. We got our money back promptly and the customer service answered the call in under 2 minutes and we were able to deactivate the card quite quickly over the phone.

Rose A
Rose ASydney

Did what it needed to do.

PROS
- app to see balance
- lock in rate on the date of deposit, meaning you can put money on the card in avane before trip to lock that rate in
- no fees for withdrawing (be aware that the ATM company itself can charge. e.g. when you use your normal card on a different bank back at home)
- additional cards for same account

CONS
- process to get money back to bank account had been updated but wish it was quicker
- cards take about 5 days to arrive if applying online
- can't change PIN

Mike B
Mike BAU

Card worked well for us

We were told some ATMs will charge a fee we found all charged fee from 2-5 dollars when withdrawing cash I suggest you keep cash with you before you get to your destination. Using your card instore for purchase & restaurants make sure you have a pin or signing each transaction as some stores didn't ask for either one at times but transaction went through not sure how but we checked statements to make sure we were being charged correctly. Any money left on the card can be used at home To purchase goods rather then withdrawing it that attracts a fee or you can also just use it to buy online shopping overseas. We are still using our multi currency cards and will use for our next trip to America soon

Seems to be OK now

I had some problems trying to register, but everything was OK after the 3rd day. My mother's maiden name was wrong in the registration and their online system doesn't give us a proper error message, so I had to call them to check each step of the online registration to then find out what the problem was.
Just don't leave it for the last minute. Bui it and do your online registration at least a week before your trip.

Cindi
CindiDapto

Good for what it is

Sherril
SherrilAuckland

Better than a sweaty money belt

Worked for me!!

I used this card both to withdraw money from ATMS and in Department stores in the US and in Bali without any issue.
The exchange rates are a bit of a rip off but all travel cards seem to be.

Sherril
SherrilAuckland

Travel With Peace of Mind

Sharonkai
Sharonkai

Sherril, after you completed the form, how long did it take for the money to be returned to your bank account?

Harveyson. D
Harveyson. Dasked

To what email address do I send my AU Travelex cash out form to?

Glen
Glen

I don't know about the form. I doubt there is such a thing as you need to prove identity and emailing that to someone means they can access your acccount. If someone sent you a form it may be a scam.
You can cash out to a bank account all online or go to a travelex shop location - a good thing about Travelex is they have lots of locations.
With the current ransomware crisis the main website is still down. However, you can use au.travelexmoneycard.com web site. Enter your card, email and password to log on. Go to transfer money tab.
The exchange rate is really bad for most currencies and they even charge a $10 fee on top of that.
If you buy things online - maybe use your travelex card and you may get a better exchange rate - not sure. I am thinking of testing this (expecting to save around 5 to 10% depending on currency conversion).

John M
John Masked

How do I check account used to load my Travelex card?
I believe amount loaded on to my Travelex card is being taken off one of my credit cards which costs me in fees. How do I change Travel ex instructions so that amount being transferred to my Travelex card is in future deducted from my bank debit card?
Help urgently appreciated
John

louisafrancini293
louisafrancini293asked

How do I cancel my CashPassport Card and retrieve the little that is left in it?

See all Travelex Cash Passport questions

Get an answer from our members and Travelex representatives

CategoryTravel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges