Tripadeal

3.3 from 1,179 reviews · View Details

569 questions from our users

Kevin K.

Kevin K.asked

I cannot get a straight answer from TripADeal on anything. I have 2 outstanding 'coupons' one of which I must book by 31 October when NZ (where I live) will continue to have closed borders until at least Jan 2021 unless I pay NZ Gov't $3,500 quarantine fee when I return.
I asked TripAdeal for a time extension to book (until our borders reopen to at least Aust. holidays as I think that will reopen first). I got a reply that said "no extension". Seems written in legalise as confusing to me, I guess to ensure TripADeal commit to nothing which has been their approach to trying resolve both my 'deals' over last 6 months. How can any org that doesn't want to go out of business treat their former customers so poorly - I did email back for clarification on one issue - no reply; impossible to reach by phone, and prerecorded phone message re their contact hours is wrong, and one of their previous 'free' phone numbers is now assigned to a goods carrier. Maybe they couldn't pay their phone account.
What are they doing with all their tax/airline ground fees etce for untaken flights when they lawfully should be repaid to the traveller when flights don't fly?
QUESTION - How do I talk to someone without line cutting off after a limited number of rings? Hoe do I get a reply to my email - I am 70 yo and a bit thick so I want help/advice; not a fob off.
Kevin Ph 0064 274916687 or 0064 7 8465463

Ross
Ross

I would go to the ACCC& NCA depending on where you live, I have lodged a complaint with the ACCC for starters, there could be a clan action claim against them coming shortly

Lex S.
Lex S.

Hi Kevin.
Sorry to hear your plight.
I would call them to discuss your situation.
We have found them ok to deal with.
A bit slow. But they must be going through extremely busy times with the Covid situation.
We obtained our refund less a small fee for our trip due to start end August.
We asked for a BER.
We chose to not go down the NCAT route.
Wish you all the best.
Regards.
Lex.

Dorothy G.
Dorothy G.

Go back to them and request a refund. I suggest you check out the Tripacon tripadeal FB pages there are a number of NZ people who are members.

Deniseasked

Offer 3316-25 Best of Balkans was cancelled due to COVID19. I have been offered a credit - I would just like my money back. I currently have paid for 3 trips with your company so in effect you have over $15,000 of my money. You refuse to answer my emails. My last email was sent on 25 Aug 2020 reference no 00064996. The first credit for the Baltics you had the nerve to charge me a $499 re-scheduling fee. I didn't re-schedule - you did. This fee is paramount to theft. It will be interesting to see what you offer on my Christmas Markets Trip. Probably another credit - all to be used by 31.12.2021.
1. What happens if you are again unable to fulfil your offer - will I again be given another credit?
2 Why can't I just get a refund for these trips - you did?
3. Is your company solvent???

Charlene C.
Charlene C.

Denise, I have been trying for so long to make contact with TripADeal, and they wont answer their phone, they wont reply to emails, their livechat isnt live, you can't leave a phone number for a callback as the recorded voice tells you the number isnt valid. I think we have done our money and it is a warning to anyone else.

Marl

Go to NCAT and get a hearing over the phone to get a refund

What is NCAT

msdsasked

Cant seem to join that group on fb tripacon tripadeal that is getting refunds. Anyone know how to get accepted i keep getting declined.

Linda B.
Linda B.

It's a private group you have to ask to join. Tripadeal community group. And no one is getting refunds. All members are making a voice about TAD unfair actions and poor to no communication.

Marl

Linda some are getting refunds through the NCAT

Marl

The group is TripACon Trip A Deal ask to join and hundreds of customers have put what they are doing to get refunds also on face booked join Travel Industry Issues The Need for Change for Australians

Some Tripadeal customers are getting refunds going through NCAT

lll
lll

tripacon trip a deal. On Facebook join the group . They are getting refunds..

Thanks will join

Puma

I tried but I haven’t been accepted as yet

msdsasked

I hear a group on facebook, tripacon are getting lots of refunds. Are there any other groups anywhere?

Chris
Chris

I only know of Trip a deal and not come across refunds from this group.

msds

Ok i heard that facebook group were getting plenty of refunds from trip a deal was just wondering if there are more around

Marl

Yes the Group is Tripacon and they are getting refundS going to NCAT.There is group Travel industry issues the need for change for Australians meeting last Friday with ACCC

Eileen L.

Eileen L.asked

Has anyone gone through the Travel Insurance for a refund, in this case it's Allianz Insurance which I took through TAD anyway. I am still waiting and they can't give me answers also, just like TAD. I had "cancellation" in my insurance which means if I cancel (don't know for what reasons) I will allow my money back. But I doubt it as they will find a reason for not giving me a refund.

Ross boehm

Hi,they will not supply any receipts etc to apply for insurance. If you sign a cancellation form they supply , they will send your info ??? So they say in 5 working days. The cancellation forms says they have ZERO anything. Do not sign that form ,,,
I am now trying to get visa involved to get a full disclosure of what we paid for.

Ross boehm

They are really a shady business with no morals. Google tripadeal complaints .
You will find pd hundreds 100,s. Of us being ripped off. You go to trip adviser etc they have stooges putting in great reviews last month, totally impossible but get ratings higher. Unbelievable what they are all about

AnnaM
AnnaM

Hi Eileen, I have not heard of anyone having success through this...sorry and the best of luck!

Marlasked

Are the reviews on this website true as there are many false 5 STAT reviews for a company with hundreds of unhappy customers

Toni
Toni

Well mine is definitely true! And it’s very negative!

Good the 1Stars are true

Veronica P
Veronica P

Check out the recent spate of 5 star reviews... All joined July 2020. Very suspect!!

Holdenasked

Does product review realise that TripaDeal are ranking #2 on the NSW Consumer Complaints Register? This should make potential customers suspicious of the reliability of the recent spate of glowing reviews. Can product review confirm that the glowing reviews are independently verified?

No Name

These "glowing reviews" are posted by employees trying to maintain TAD's 3.4 star rating. Why would anyone be grateful or thrilled about being "offered" a worthless travel voucher?

zann

Totally agree about the fake reviews.

Holden

Well it would be nice if Product Review checked out the glowing reviews vs the facts on the NSW Consumer Complaints Register. If you are thinking about using TripaDeal then do your research Google the register and see the facts.

Marg Hodgson

Marg Hodgsonasked

Our trip to Europe was cancelled due to Covid .I was wondering if anybody has tried to get a refund instead of a voucher.

No Name

Good luck with that, once these crooks have your $$$ you won't get it back. You are supposed to be grateful for a worthless voucher for future travel.

Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

I was offered a refund of $160 on my $2600 holiday.

No Name

Sorry to hear about your terrible experience, TAD are crooks. Take your hard earned money. Were did your other $2,400 go?

Marlasked

Why are there so many 5 star reviews on this site with an average of 3.4 Stars and the average review on the other site trust pilot the average is 1.4 stars this site is not accurate use trust pilot

Lyn
Lyn

I would agree with you Mari. One also needs to ask if Tripadeal is arranging to put up posts.

Marl

I would think so learnt do Not trust reviews From product review

Holden

Agree. It does not make sense that this company could have so many positive reviews when they are ranking #2 in the NSW Consumer Complaints Register. Did anyone on Product Review check the authenticity of the recent spate of positive reviews because the number of formal complaints is growing daily. The NSW Consumer Complaints Register is the legitimate complaint register where all matters are verified. There are no fake complaints on the register and it cannot be manipulated.

Gwendaasked

My trip has been cancelled and offer a credit only. Has anyone had any luck getting a refund. They say the credit has to be used by December 2021. What happens if the pandemic is still around...what happens then. They have had my $6400 since April 2019

Slater and Gordon class action

Gwenda

Could you give a bit more detail. What does it cost. Have you done this yourself

Puma

Cost nothing. No win no fee apparently .. go to there website and it will have more info

Julieasked

What about if I’ve already accepted a credit? Do you think there’s any chance of a refund....any experiences?

Marl

Sign up to class actionSlayer and Gordon Class action it’s free

How do I do that

Mary
Mary

How much will slater and gordon keep of your refund, if their service is free?

Marlasked

Why are there so many false 5 Star reviews on this review site ??? Tripadeal has the second highest customer complaints with the ACCC only Flight centre has a high number.But on Flight centres product review the last 20 reviews are all 1 Star in Tripadeal product review 10 are 5 Star and 10 are 1 Star???

No Name

The people making these 5 star reviews are called "employees", anything to maintain their 3.4 star rating.

Marl

Thank Don I agree hope product review read my question and I know Tripadeal Will.

No Name

Hi Mari, in between posting bogus reviews I'm sure they will, cheers.

Lisa P.asked

Everyone on here who’s unhappy with TAD, needs to join up the Facebook page TripAcon Trip A Deal
We are all in the same boat,had our money stolen from THEM

Greg O.
Greg O.

I joined the Facebook "Tripacon Trip A Deal" group and it has been most instructive and helpful for dealling with the generic copy/paste responses from TripADeal.

zann

Has any one been able to get a cash refund

No Name

Has anyone noticed all these glowing 5 Star Reviews from well-wishers who have never purchased anything from these crooks and other morons who are happy to loose most of their money in return for a useless voucher.
Most of these reviewers are called "employees". TAD is desperate to maintain their 3.4 star rating. NO REFUNDS

Lisa P.asked

Also has anyone else in the 17th July trip to Egypt been charged a fee $1,115.00 for a credit,seems a lot and they don’t outline what it’s all for.

Lisa P.asked

Does anyone know ,with the credit can u use in a few trips or all at one go?
A nightmare trying to get hold of TAD

JB
JB

Yes I would like to know this also. I was given a credit for a trip to Borneo (was meant to go last month). I was wanting to go on some trips in Australia, but don't want to use my credit - put code in & then that's it my credit is all used up in one trip that is much cheaper. So Im actually holding back from booking another trip. My credit voucher is for $3,880, but was looking into a 3 night stay in QLD for $699. Can I use it on a few trips in Australia?? Does anyone know?

Kbucky
Kbucky

I would like to know this too. Also, you are getting credit? They are telling me I have to rebook Borneo

ambs
ambs

I would love to know the answer for this too

Gail

Gailasked

Booked for a trip to China early august. Trip obviously cancelled, do I contact tripadeal? Or will they make contact prior to departure date?

Marl

They will send you an email

Jerry K
Jerry K

Hi Gail - I believe they will contact you closer to the date. My understanding is that they are dealing with upcoming trips about a month to fortnight from the departure date.
Their original offer was MUST be a credit towards a similar trip to China plus $99 re-booking fee and there was only about 10 days to accept - they did not say what would happen if you didn't accept within that time.
I argued with them for nearly two months before my mother instructed me to accept the offer of a general credit on any trip to be used before the end of 2021 plus the $99 fee.
So if they don't offer you a general credit at first - you can ask for it - I believe they do this on purpose to try and make it look like they are being fair
Would really appreciate if you could you please respond with what they offer you and when.
Just out of interest.
Cheers
Jerry

Lisa P.

I was offered a trip to same place next year, or a credit to be used elsewhere with the loss of $1,115.00!, can’t work out why soo much

zannasked

Who can spot the fake reviews?

Doesn't add up

Lisa P.asked

How do I get hold of Trip A Deal via email,as all emails I tried are bouncing back saying no reply,this is not good business ,not to be able to get hold of them after spending $10.000 , plse give me an email I can send to......

enquiries@tripadeal.com.au

Lisa P.

No it's come back mesg rejected due to possible spam content!
Does anyone else out there have a working email for them?

NoEncore10
NoEncore10

support.tripadeal.com.au

Sue

Sueasked

A holiday with Trip a deal to Japan was booked for May with a travel agent. What are our rights to a full refund or full credit with No cancellation fees. Sue

Get an answer from our members and Tripadeal representatives