2.3

• Trip Completed Yes · No (395)
  • Ease of Booking

C. smith

C. smithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Finally sorted out

After having a European September holiday cancelled due to COVID we were offered a credit for the full amount which we refused and have just been given a refund less fees which we are happy with.
It has taken a while to sort out but I would book with them in the future .

Grateful for the help

Just wanted to thank the hard working team at Tripadeal for all the effort they put into helping us get our money back from our European trip we had booked for earlier this year. It was a long wait, but we're grateful we stuck at it. The staff, particuarly Heather was more than just helpful, but also really patient. Thank you for looking after us Tripadeal. We will book again with you when the crazy time is over.

Kristal

KristalSydney, NSW

They hold $1750 of my money plus 5 other friends and only offer a credit note, not a choice of refund!

TripADeal hold $1750 for 5 out of our 7 travellers for a March 2020 group tour overseas. Refund refused, absolutely no flexibility to spend elsewhere, no response to our queries. No documentation to prove a deposit for the trip was ever made. $200 per person booking fee was deducted with an unusable credit note issued for the balance. They promptly respond to queries up until they get your money then you are ignored.

Mrs B

Mrs B

No holiday but they took their fee. No flexibility to use balance in Australia, no refund of money.

TripADeal hold over $50,000 for a May 2020 group tour overseas. Refund refused, absolutely no flexibility to spend elsewhere, no response to our queries. No documentation to prove a deposit for the trip was ever made. Over $3000 booking fee was deducted with an unusable credit note issued for the balance. (Group over 65 of age) All correspondence ignored. They promptly respond to queries up until they get your money then you are ignored.

VickiPeel, WA

Give us back our money

Do not trust this company -We are both 64 years of age , survivors of breast cancer who booked our overseas holiday with TAD as a celebration of reaching our end of treatments . ETD was June 2020 .As expected our holiday was cancelled by TAD due to Covid & now it is too risky to travel / and will be for us for a long time ,if ever. A credit for us is like stealing our money -
They are unwilling to refund our full amount of $7018 - holding onto our money for god knows what .
TripADeal You took our travel dreams and turned them into a nightmare .
Future buyers beware .

Vicki

When things get better, we will remember those companies that treated their customers fairly and those that didn’t.
A Happy customer might tell a friend
But
An unhappy customer will tell the world

Tory W

Tory WSouthwest, VIC

Trip A deal Japan 31/3/2020

Had a trip booked for Japan 31/3/2020 Case Number- 00056191. Trip a Deal 6 months later have not refunded my money nor provided a time line for resolving this. I was pressured to make a decision quickly, within 48 hours if I was seeking a refund or a credit. I opted for the credit. Apart from one generic email, I have had no correspondence initiated by TAD in 6 months. I would not recommend this company.

RossSouth East Queensland, QLD

do not use them

we should have learnt our lesson the first time, we went with tripadeal cheap trip and that's what it is the hotels were flea infested disgrace the food terrible unless we bought our own, but we booked again now we can't get our money back $26,000 they offer a credit after six months of waiting to hear from them no refund but it stipulates in their cancellation policy they do refund will be making complaint to ACCC,DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Lex S.South East Queensland, QLD

Very relieved. THANKS.

THANK YOU TRIP A DEAL.
Our refund has come through.
We were looking forward to our trip to Europe end of August.
Then along came Covid.
The travel industry went into absolute survival mode.
Yes it took a while to get our refund.
Minus a small fee.
Hopefully when the world gets back to normal we will look you up.
Thanks for your efforts.

Trish G.

Trish G.South East Queensland, QLD

Flexible offer for trip not going ahead

Received an offer for our cancelled Borneo trip last week. We are so disappointed that the we didn't get to go as we planned. But tripadeal gave us flexible travel options which means we will go out and see our own country. Still hopeful we will get to Borneo one day.

Georgie

GeorgieSydney, NSW

Very Satisfied

Tripadeal were very helpful when it came to sorting out the cancellation of our trip to Sri Lanka. It did take some time to hear from them regarding the outcome of our holiday (bloody covid), but in the end we recieved a credit voucher which we're happy to hold onto for travel next year. We've travelled with Tripadeal before and have been more than satisfied with their tours. Looking forward to the day we can travel overseas.

TripADealTripadeal

Worst company I have ever dealt with

Seriously, why would you give TripaDeal your money when hundreds of customers have been trying for months to get refunds for cancelled tours. They fob you of time and time again with reasons why they are unable to refund and fail to provide adequate documentation to support their claims. Over 100 NCAT claims have now been filed against this company by disgruntled customers. Shame on you TripaDeal!!! Order # 117771

Peter

PeterSouthwest, VIC

Do not trust these people

We went to China and South America with Tripadeal and had a great time. We booked and paid more than $14,000 last November for a trip to the middle east. These theives have not returned one cent of our money. Do not book anything with them, as they do not keep their word.

If i could give a 0* review I would

Do not use this company, they are a con. Company did not refund when they cancelled our holiday. Staff were unhelpful and rude, very dissapointed and they've taken our money and run.

Booking Type Accommodation and Flights
Saunders Family

Saunders FamilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Tripadeal Eastern Europe Oct 2020 - solo traveller

As expected my holiday was cancelled due to Covid however my trip is "no longer available" for rebooking in the future. So I am unable to defer or rebook that exact trip with Singapore stopover. However they are unwilling to refund my full amount of $6254. It is not my fault they have made that trip "no longer avail" nor did they alert me to this. I found my trip marked as such on their website. If said goods and services are not being offered in the future why shouldn't I receive a full refund? This was the only trip I was interested in.

Reenz

ReenzGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

In such uncertain times, they dealt with everything so well

Rescheduled my trip for next year. Didn't lose any money, thank you for making it so easy and stress free, excellent customer service, a truly fantastic team,highly recommended, thank you

MarlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Tripacon 50 day world tour deal 3090

Had a booking on the Tripadeal 50 day world tour depart 12 September Case 66812 is our reference from Tripadeal that we have as for a refund. We have rung them 3 times with no help and emailed them with no satisfaction. I would not use this company there communication is poor and there support.

Christine

ChristineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Handling of refund for Europe Trip - Excellent

We could not be happier with the way the team at Tripadeal Exclusives have handled the cancellation of our Europe trip due to Covid19. We where expecting to loose all our monies due to the insurance of course not covering it, but much to our delight, Tripadeal have managed to secure refunds on nearly all our holiday and credits for some small airfares. The refunds where transferred to us within a few days of Tripadeal Exclusives receiving them and their communication to us was great. Will not hesitate to book again through them.

Jen

Jen

Excellent handling and outcome of our refund

Staff were helpful, understanding of our frustrations at having to wait for our claim. Good communicators, despite their challenges due to Covid. Good outcome as we received a fair refund.

Maryjane

MaryjaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Money refunded - disputed transaction via credit card/ bank.

My trip to New York Sept 8 2020 cancelled! I received email from TAD offering credits etc for few weeks ago. However, fortunately I had read on this forum in March ( thank you whoever you were )to dispute transaction through credit card / bank re product not being delivered. I had all my $4440 returned. No thanks to TAD many thanks to bank!
So if you paid by credit card you may not have to accept TAD’s offers. Good luck.

Booking Type Accommodation and Flights
Brian

BrianSydney, NSW

Patience, Persistence, Perseverance

Kevin K.

Kevin K.asked

I cannot get a straight answer from TripADeal on anything. I have 2 outstanding 'coupons' one of which I must book by 31 October when NZ (where I live) will continue to have closed borders until at least Jan 2021 unless I pay NZ Gov't $3,500 quarantine fee when I return.
I asked TripAdeal for a time extension to book (until our borders reopen to at least Aust. holidays as I think that will reopen first). I got a reply that said "no extension". Seems written in legalise as confusing to me, I guess to ensure TripADeal commit to nothing which has been their approach to trying resolve both my 'deals' over last 6 months. How can any org that doesn't want to go out of business treat their former customers so poorly - I did email back for clarification on one issue - no reply; impossible to reach by phone, and prerecorded phone message re their contact hours is wrong, and one of their previous 'free' phone numbers is now assigned to a goods carrier. Maybe they couldn't pay their phone account.
What are they doing with all their tax/airline ground fees etce for untaken flights when they lawfully should be repaid to the traveller when flights don't fly?
QUESTION - How do I talk to someone without line cutting off after a limited number of rings? Hoe do I get a reply to my email - I am 70 yo and a bit thick so I want help/advice; not a fob off.
Kevin Ph 0064 274916687 or 0064 7 8465463

Ross

I would go to the ACCC& NCA depending on where you live, I have lodged a complaint with the ACCC for starters, there could be a clan action claim against them coming shortly

Hi Kevin.
Sorry to hear your plight.
I would call them to discuss your situation.
We have found them ok to deal with.
A bit slow. But they must be going through extremely busy times with the Covid situation.
We obtained our refund less a small fee for our trip due to start end August.
We asked for a BER.
We chose to not go down the NCAT route.
Wish you all the best.
Regards.
Lex.

Dorothy G.
Dorothy G.

Go back to them and request a refund. I suggest you check out the Tripacon tripadeal FB pages there are a number of NZ people who are members.

Deniseasked

Offer 3316-25 Best of Balkans was cancelled due to COVID19. I have been offered a credit - I would just like my money back. I currently have paid for 3 trips with your company so in effect you have over $15,000 of my money. You refuse to answer my emails. My last email was sent on 25 Aug 2020 reference no 00064996. The first credit for the Baltics you had the nerve to charge me a $499 re-scheduling fee. I didn't re-schedule - you did. This fee is paramount to theft. It will be interesting to see what you offer on my Christmas Markets Trip. Probably another credit - all to be used by 31.12.2021.
1. What happens if you are again unable to fulfil your offer - will I again be given another credit?
2 Why can't I just get a refund for these trips - you did?
3. Is your company solvent???

Charlene C.
Charlene C.

Denise, I have been trying for so long to make contact with TripADeal, and they wont answer their phone, they wont reply to emails, their livechat isnt live, you can't leave a phone number for a callback as the recorded voice tells you the number isnt valid. I think we have done our money and it is a warning to anyone else.

Marl

Go to NCAT and get a hearing over the phone to get a refund

What is NCAT

msds

msdsasked

Cant seem to join that group on fb tripacon tripadeal that is getting refunds. Anyone know how to get accepted i keep getting declined.

Linda B.
Linda B.

It's a private group you have to ask to join. Tripadeal community group. And no one is getting refunds. All members are making a voice about TAD unfair actions and poor to no communication.

Marl

Linda some are getting refunds through the NCAT

Marl

The group is TripACon Trip A Deal ask to join and hundreds of customers have put what they are doing to get refunds also on face booked join Travel Industry Issues The Need for Change for Australians

Get an answer from our members and Tripadeal representatives