Tripadeal

Tripadeal (page 2 of 3)

• Trip Completed Yes · No (43)
  • Ease of Booking

JanetGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Borneo departs from Melbourne 20 March.

Curious to touch base with any others who are booked on this trip. Any updates on this being cancelled? With the current advice from Aus government, it should not go ahead.

Grand Balkins

We have been given 4 days to decide if we want to proceed with our Europe trip in August and risk the lot or cancel now and receive a credit note less $500. The trip we are on is not on the future list of trips now so can not rebook for a different time. I have rung 3 time yesterday and sat on the phone waiting for a long time without getting to speak to anyone. I have not had a call back. We paid for our trip over a year in advance so you have had the interest on a lot of money for a long time. A full refund would we nice so that we can then book further down the line when we see a trip that interests us not just from what you currently have offered. Carol

Booking TypeAccommodation and Flights

Tanya NugentSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Vietnam holiday

We have booked trip to vietnam in may.We have been offered a credit note minus 299 dollars per person for cancellation costs.I would like a full refund please.I think ill have to go to dept of fair trading.

Tanya Nugent

If tripadeal is unable to supply us with the deal that we paid for we are entitled to a refund.Terms and conditions on refunds.Number 9.I am having this looked into before i take your offer.Regards Tanya Nugent

Gail C.

Gail C.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

18day Incredible Europe 17/3

Thank you TAD for cancelling our trip which we would have been leaving tomorrow Mar14th. We are really grateful for commonsense prevailed. We now have 18months to take our voucher for the full amount paid by us and our grandson. It was a very stressful last 2 weeks.

Booking TypeCruise, Flights and Tour

RanonymousGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Take your money and then ignore you

LaurelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

TAD Europe Tour departure date 17/3/20

Surely now TAD you will defer and hold all monies paid in credit or offer a full refund for travellers like ourselves who are due to leave for the Italy tour on 17/3/20. The World Health Organisation has declared the Coronavirus a Pandemic. An informed decision can now be made by your executives - cancel the tour, offer a 12 month credit or a full refund to your clients. Thank you.

A private message has been sent via Facebook messenger. Please respond. Thanks

TripADealTripADeal

Thanks Laurelle, we have responded to your Facebook message.

DonSouth East Queensland, QLD

TripADeal Europe March 17.

Don

Thanks for your reply. Are you now aware the latest update from Smartraveller now states any permanent resident of Australia must self isolate for 14 days after returning from Italy?

Japan

Myself and 3 colleagues have booked a trip
To depart 16 March for japan. Our flights with Cathay pacific have been cancelled and we still have no idea if or when we will fly. While the virus is affecting many travellers surely Trip a deal have insirnaces in place that would allow us to reschedule our trip. Contact with trip a deal has not given any answers. We have been advised if we cancel we loose our money even though they have held it for 9
Months!!! Not very impressed with the contact being given

No option but to cancel

sheena.perrySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Interesting but..... my response to Tripadeals response re China trips and current issues

peter b.

peter b.Tasmania

China Voucher

Following up on my previous review I have now received a second email stating that the voucher can now be used for any other trip not just China.
Thankyou TAD for clearing this up.
Voucher accepted.

Dave

Dave

Tour of china May 23rd

We have phoned Trip a deal many times to see whats going on with cancellations due to the ever worsening Coronavirus. They refer you to the emails they send you...and thats it.
The last email they sent was an insipid happy happy crock, trying to convince the reader the situation was on the up and up, completely flying in the face of our Governments advice 'do not travel to China'.
Come on a little honesty please.

Darren

DarrenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Trip a deal China

My daughter and I were booked on a 2 for 1 China trip departing on 27th Feb, and obviously the trip is not going ahead. So I paid for a tour to a set destination on a set date and Trip a Deal can’t deliver what I paid for!
Like everyone else I’ve been offered a credit to use for another trip to any destination. Problem is I only booked this trip because the dates suited and the price was good. As far as I’m concerned if Trip a Deal can’t deliver what I paid for, regardless of who’s fault it is I should be entitled to a full refund!! Compared to my brother who booked a cruise, actually spent 9 nights on the ship on a revised itinerary and then received a FULL refund plus 50% off another cruise what Trip a Deal is offering sucks!!!

Dorothy S.

Dorothy S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Thanks for listening

Thank you Tripadeal for changing your option to enable us to book for another destination instead of China. Maybe further down the track we may reconsider but for now we are grateful to be able to change the destination. Thanks again.

Selva S.

Selva S.Sydney, NSW

China Credit Note

I was told today (01/02/2020) at 11.50 am by Trip A Deal through a returned phone call from [Number Removed] that this China credit note can be used to pay for trips to any other country as well.

Something better than nothing!

Toohey

TooheySydney Surrounds, NSW

Not Happy

It seems to me that we are being bullied into taking a deal they put forward by Monday the 3rd the deal is a China credit to be used by 2021 if you don't use all the credit in one transaction then the remainder is forfeited or we can just keep our booking and see what happens surely this can't be legal regarding forfeiture of fund dc not used shame on you Tripadeal the actions you take now will have a long term lasting impression on your customers

NarelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just call it !

My husband and I are also travelling to China on 8 March, we are holding off getting Visas also, as do not want to lose any more money. Trip A Deal, I understand this situation is changing daily, but I do not see it getting any better in the next month, at least not enough to say it is safe to travel to China. I would hope that, in the interests of all, that you would make the call, and refund/credit anyone wishing not to put their health at risk by travelling to China, instead of us all waiting and wondering - just call it !
I too have contacted the ACCC- the more people who make a complaint, the better.

Got that, thanks

Sarah C.

Sarah C.South East Queensland, QLD

Have made some effort, but should be honoring refunds.

I have finally gotten some news from Trip a Deal regarding our China trip in March. It is comforting to know our money won't be lost, however I hope that Trip a Deal allows customers to use the credit towards a different trip as I can't imagine I will be wanting to travel to China anytime in the near future. I also think we should get the option for a refund, given the extenuating circumstances.

Ses

SesSouth East Queensland, QLD

A bit scary

After reading how bad is Trip a deal to china and my trip is coming soon, oh my God a bit scary if I had known before booking I would never book this trip with this company. I have travel a lot with other company such as Cosmos, Trafalgar and Asian discovery but always very happy

SylviaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cancelled my trip

Sylvia

I did contact TripAdeal to advise them on what would be a better arrangement and they wouldn't consider it (see response to Anna "Beware of Tripadeal") They just want your money and hang on to it as long as possible.