Tripadeal

Tripadeal (page 3 of 21)

• Trip Completed Yes · No (402)
  • Ease of Booking

Mary

MarySydney Surrounds, NSW

Very poor behaviour

We were due to depart Sydney 15 April '20 for Europe, but the trip was cancelled by tripadeal. A normal situation would have been that you receive a full refund. But with covid and all travel up in the air, we thought it would be helpful to agree to a credit note, imagining we would be rebooking soon anyway. Now it's nearly September and have realised we are probably going no where for a long time. We have asked tripadeal for a refund on our unused credit note valued at $8300. So far, no reply and waiting. Rae M.

Full credit.

Our up and coming trip to Vietnam and Cambodia for next week of course has been cancelled, quite happy to be receiving a full credit for this trip. thank you Trip a Deal.

Nsw deals?

Tina L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor customer service - they’ll keep your money!!

Tina L.

What a Poor customer service reply!!

This proves that your companies customer services is POOR

Family Lyons

Family LyonsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hard to deal with

Very frustrated with this company. Our European trip was cancelled due to Covid-19. Two of my three travelling companions will more than likely not be able to travel next year and beyond due to health issues. We requested a credit to be used to travel within Australia (this was after our refund request was denied). Told we can only use the credit for travel in Europe. All our emails and requests fell on deaf ears. TripADeal has a response for everything (that’s when they actually respond). So disappointed. Have never travelled overseas and thanks to this lot probably won’t anytime soon as I’m pretty sure I’m going to lose my money. Can’t believe they are still advertising trips.

Debra W.

Debra W.

Very dishonest company

Having booked and paid for an overseas tour that has been cancelled by Tripadeal (TAD), I would expect that the majority of funds would be refunded to me, as requested by me on several occasions. Especially so as the airline has cancelled and refunded flight costs to other passengers and because of the lead time between COVID-19 hitting and the date of the tour, meaning that other costs would not have been paid by TAD. Tripadeal has chosen to keep my hard earned money. It is a scandalous situation and extremely disappointing especially for my fellow traveller who lost their employment through COVID and makes losing the money even more sad. Would give a zero star rating if I could.

Balijo

BalijoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Tripascam

Great service !

I had a long awaited holiday booked to Tangalooma Resort, unfortunately I live in NSW and am unable to get there, I was so impressed TripADeal reached out to me via email and offered the chance to change my date, no fuss, such an easy process, great work TripADeal, keep up the good work, I understand it's a difficult time at the moment.

Just so wrong

Refuses to pass on any refund when TAD have received refund from airline. They keep using the "we have a no refund policy" line which, in normal circumstances, is ok. 2020 is not normal circumstances. Normally non-refundable air tickets wouldn't have been refunded but the airline changed their policy due to the pandemic. One of the air tickets in question was just an air ticket not part of a bundled package and they are even refusing to refund that. We are only seeking a refund of the 5 x airfares which we know they have received back from the airline.

Debbie B.

Debbie B.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Tripadeal need to review credits.

Due to the current covid restrictions Tripadeal should look at refunding people with outstanding credits. Borders are not going to open up any time soon. Refund would take pressure off everyone in these horrid conditions especially the victorians.

Sarah

SarahMurray Mallee, SA

Trip A Deal - No Refund

3 Trips booked, none will proceed - no refund

Andries T.
Andries T.

Thanks Trip A Deal Team, a response to the Case Numbers # 00063718 and # 00064164 will be an excellent start to showing some care....

Mike

MikeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Taking initiative

If it wasn't for me reaching out again to TripADeal I wouldn't have been able to get what I asked for. I understand that this doesn't always work in the customers favour however I think it helps to reach out rather then complain on here or on Facebook or on any public forum. Just a thought as I did this and was able to get something better then my first offer they provided me with.

Penny

PennyQueensland

Please stop whinging and portraying your negativity

Luke C.

Luke C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible and unethical company - DO NOT USE!!!

Booked a trip for just over $10,000 through Tripadeal last November.
Understandably, they cancelled my trip due to Covid-19. However, they have refused to offer any refund and have advised they won't be refunding my money because they book through different suppliers and are there for not responsible.
I have lost all the money I paid for the trip and have received nothing for it. Please do yourself a favor and steer clear of this unethical company!

Avoid at All Cost - or it will cost dearly

Karen

KarenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thanks to Billy for assisting me with all my questions about my upcoming trip. I was so concerned and she was able to assure me that we will be updated soon with information. Just being able to speak to someone is nice. Thanks Billy you were a treasure to speak with.

Natalie E.

Natalie E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They have lost many future customers

We booked a trip. Covid strikes. They mislead us saying we can accept a voucher or nothing. So we accept, only to find out we should of been entitled to a refund if we wanted one. We go back and say we would like a refund due to those factors. Nope can’t help now. Looks like slater and Gordon class action it is!

Linda B.

Linda B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Buyer Beware

Money back please

Booked a holiday due to leave in August, and would just like my money returned as now not working and need this money. Where is our airfare money because tickets weren't booked.

Michelle

Michelleasked

How did everyone get such good response from Trip A Deal? I've emailed numerous times and get no where, just the usual response we will get back to you closer to the time you're due to travel, guess what!!!, I've heard nothing and our trip was the beginning of November, no offer, no nothing and every time I email, the same response we will get back to you as soon as we can. Covid has been around since February, we are now in November, Ive been emailing on and off over that whole time so don't understand these positive reviews.

Jayne C.

Jayne C.asked

I booked a trip to China for this year and of course it was cancelled I did get a credit from tripadeal is there a chance I can get a refund and get my money back as it has been a difficult year financial and I could really do the $3600 which they said is credit to me from $4000 I paid up front

Kevin K.

Kevin K.asked

I cannot get a straight answer from TripADeal on anything. I have 2 outstanding 'coupons' one of which I must book by 31 October when NZ (where I live) will continue to have closed borders until at least Jan 2021 unless I pay NZ Gov't $3,500 quarantine fee when I return.
I asked TripAdeal for a time extension to book (until our borders reopen to at least Aust. holidays as I think that will reopen first). I got a reply that said "no extension". Seems written in legalise as confusing to me, I guess to ensure TripADeal commit to nothing which has been their approach to trying resolve both my 'deals' over last 6 months. How can any org that doesn't want to go out of business treat their former customers so poorly - I did email back for clarification on one issue - no reply; impossible to reach by phone, and prerecorded phone message re their contact hours is wrong, and one of their previous 'free' phone numbers is now assigned to a goods carrier. Maybe they couldn't pay their phone account.
What are they doing with all their tax/airline ground fees etce for untaken flights when they lawfully should be repaid to the traveller when flights don't fly?
QUESTION - How do I talk to someone without line cutting off after a limited number of rings? Hoe do I get a reply to my email - I am 70 yo and a bit thick so I want help/advice; not a fob off.
Kevin Ph 0064 274916687 or 0064 7 8465463

Ross
Ross

I would go to the ACCC& NCA depending on where you live, I have lodged a complaint with the ACCC for starters, there could be a clan action claim against them coming shortly

Lex S.
Lex S.

Hi Kevin.
Sorry to hear your plight.
I would call them to discuss your situation.
We have found them ok to deal with.
A bit slow. But they must be going through extremely busy times with the Covid situation.
We obtained our refund less a small fee for our trip due to start end August.
We asked for a BER.
We chose to not go down the NCAT route.
Wish you all the best.
Regards.
Lex.

Dorothy G.
Dorothy G.

Go back to them and request a refund. I suggest you check out the Tripacon tripadeal FB pages there are a number of NZ people who are members.

Get an answer from our members and TripADeal representatives