Tripadeal

Tripadeal (page 4 of 12)

• Trip Completed Yes · No (237)
  • Ease of Booking

Report TripaDeal to ACCC

The company will not conform with consumer laws and action needs to be taken again them. A report to ACCC can be made online in the first instance. TripaDeal should not ask for rebooking fees but simply refund money as the trip originally paid for us cancelled

Jenny

JennyHunter Region, NSW

This is a Company to avoid at all costs

With Trip A Deal no one is considered with your individual issues - all responses are generic and ‘cut and paste’ in emails. Annoying to see that they can still pay their sponsorship money to Rugby League teams but can’t even consider refunding genuine needs of customers. The Terms and Conditions appear to have changed numerous times since we booked - we should be negotiating under the T & C at time of booking. Don’t use them! I don’t know how some people can rate them so highly!

TripADealTripADeal

Do not trust them and never pay in advance

Once you've paid they seem to lose interest.
Communication is terrible, I was never advised if flights or cruise or tour was actually paid for until after I tried a credit card chargeback.
Wasn't told what airline until they challenged the chargeback.
Other travel agents are at least offering multi year credit notes.
I don't trust them. I just wanted a refund of my own money.

Mary BeeSydney, NSW

Didnt refund our trip due to COVID-19 travel restrictions

Tripadeal have kept all the money from our trip regardless of a global pandemic and being unable to travel - this is a money grab company taking advantage of the circumstances and stealing peoples money.
We never went onthe trip but all the money was taken and is being held hostage.
They are not calling me back now.
Greedy company

markaustin9Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Flights cancelled, Cruise cancelled, and a company that does not comply with their own T's & C's

markaustin9

This is their standard reply I am already in negotiations with Tripadeal and their concern and support is zero they don’t care!

Ripped off tripadeal

Their way or the highway, extreme lack of communication, genetic responses that don’t answer individual questions being asked, once they get their hands on your money they don’t care, when questioned about the whereabouts of our money they can’t provide proof of how it was spent. Never again $36,000 down the drain!

Bernie H.

Bernie H.

Trip to Italy - November 2020

We all need to contact ACCC!
REFUND not credits... someone sitting pretty.
We too have been ripped off by this company. $200 service fee for nothing and very poor service.

Pam

PamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not use trip a deal

Customer101

Customer101Melbourne

Seeking Class Action with Slater and Gordon Solicitors

Find out how Tripadeal compares to other Booking Services

TAD states our trip is going ahead in September

Rang TAD this week and the young girl stated that our Europe trip is still on this September and will be going ahead as scheduled. Paid 12k for them to be funny!

Lorraine

LorraineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still waiting for refund or alternate offer - not a responsive company.

T WilsonSydney, NSW

Service fee

My friend and I are really upset that Tripadeal is charging us a service fee for cancelling our tour due to covid19. We feel this is unfair since we did not get any service and we can't get our money back. Other companies like WEbjet are offering full 3-year vouchers. What does this tell us about the operation of Tripadeal?

T Wilson

I have sent 11 emails to Tad so far but my request has not been resolved.

Trip a deal stay away

Trip a Deal doesn't give refunds only a voucher to use for whatever time they choose even after they
couldn't supply the service . they leave you waiting for weeks they do not answer emails and if you are not happy bad luck. on top of that they charged me a cancellation fee of $ 200 + other charges .
What a Terrible company to deal with , they are going to loose a lot more then $ 200 as my followers
take notice of what i say . Stay Away Use Booking.com or Hotels.com They refunded me in full without
any problems .

Charlie

CharlieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Shonky Company

Craig C.

Craig C.South East Queensland, QLD

Pandemic Profiteers

The title states it all basically. Took payment and then refused to provide service of ANY level once international travel bans were put into effect. Thousands gone in a puff-of-smoke.

Paula

PaulaHunter Region, NSW

Poor communications

Happy for a credit but can't believe I have to pay to rebook. I don't believe they have even paid providers as they won't provide a letter confirming they (or an affiliated company) no longer have my funds. Off to ACCC!

Gayle

Gayle

Buyer Beware

Just got confirmation that I would lose $2320 off my $6999 holiday , so everyone complaining about a few hundred dollars be grateful. I am absolutely astounded that they can take so much money from you when you haven’t been anywhere. I knew I would be paying something but not over 30% for a trip that was cancelled not by me that they had payment of for 12 months. Buyer beware there are other companies that are honouring refunds with very small fees.

ruthPerth, WA

Pathetic service!

I voiced my request for a refund on tripadeal face book page,they have stooped so low to block me from commenting now,how immature!!!! Your reputation is in ruins and I know there are many people that will never book through you again! You offer a credit minus $600.00, are you for real?????? Why should you steal from the people that are paying you for a service?????? That you can not provide. Frustrated contract!
Would never book through you again! Many feel the same way.I have read the reveiws on the face book groups that have been set up for people to express their frustration with tripadeal. You are not doing yourselves any good by refusing to refund!!!!!

ruth

no point in giving me the email address to speak to a rep from tripadeal when you have blocked me from emailing!!!!!!!!

Very unhappy customer

Very unhappy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

TAD l would not offer refund even though hotel agreed to cancellation without penalty. So who is keeping the money?

Dissapointed

DissapointedSydney, NSW

Class Action Slater & Gordon

This company was by far the easiest to fall victim too as far as pay for no service. Our group was asked to pay an additional $300 each peace of mind deal credit voucher. Then TAD said they would deduct it off the value of the credit. at no time did TAD advise a change of itinerary even after requests were made. I am after a refund for a service that has not been honoured or provided, let alone will ever be provided.
requests were made to TAD for all third parties details and receipts, still not provided. Food For Thought https://www.slatergordon.com.au/class-actions/current-class-actions/travel-vouchers.

wen

wenasked

Want to know if anyone on Tripadeal 50day world trip (Was to depart Sept 2020) have had a favourable return of funds?

Michelle

Michelleasked

How did everyone get such good response from Trip A Deal? I've emailed numerous times and get no where, just the usual response we will get back to you closer to the time you're due to travel, guess what!!!, I've heard nothing and our trip was the beginning of November, no offer, no nothing and every time I email, the same response we will get back to you as soon as we can. Covid has been around since February, we are now in November, Ive been emailing on and off over that whole time so don't understand these positive reviews.

Deb
Deb

Hi, l am still trying to get our refund for a world trip worth $19,000!!!!!!!we paid for it Aug2019 and was to leave October 2020 ! Why they are delaying when we will be their future clients IF they do the right thing by us !

Kirsty
Kirsty

Having the same experience

Jayne C.

Jayne C.asked

I booked a trip to China for this year and of course it was cancelled I did get a credit from tripadeal is there a chance I can get a refund and get my money back as it has been a difficult year financial and I could really do the $3600 which they said is credit to me from $4000 I paid up front

Get an answer from our members and TripADeal representatives