3.7

• Trip Completed Yes (267) · No
  • Ease of Booking

Daleellama

DaleellamaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Just the break we needed

My wife and I have just returned from Wave in Broadbeach. The stay was so good! :) The view from the rooftop is stunning, especially at sunset. We went with a couple of friends using a trip-a-deal voucher. We initially had to defer our trip due to the border closures, but the deal we bought could be changed for free. The 2 bed apartment was nice and clean and the reception staff were great. Couldn’t fault it. Thanks for being so lovely, Karen! The location is pretty much perfect, just over the goldy highway from Pac Fair and the convention centre. The new tram line is legit the best thing the Gold Coast has ever done. So easy to get around!! Would recommend.

DebbyIllawarra, NSW

Still waiting for our refund

We had our trip to Vietnam and Cambodia cut short due to Covid and received an email immediately from the airlines saying our flights were cancelled and they would refund the charges but to contact our trip provider to receive a refund as it had to come from them. That was over 6mths ago and we’re still waiting and with very little information being sent through by TripADeal. Extremely disappointed .

Debby

Yes that would be great if you responded

Briony

BrionyMid North Coast, NSW

Great value package

We recently booked an accomodation package with Trip A Deal and stayed at the Surf House Byron Bay. At first we were apprehensive as it was a hotel meets a very trendy hostel - but we were pleasantly surprised. The stylish interiors and extremely central location in town made this package worth the money we paid. Seriously, it was a bargain for Byron, considering how busy the small coastal town is from out of towners like myself coming up for a getaway. The staff were really friendly and very helpful. And booking with Trip A Deal was easy and straightforward. I'll defintely be keeping an eye out for more deals like these in future.

Shelly

ShellySouth East Queensland, QLD

Memories for life!

We had the best time on the TripaDeal to Tangalooma! So many fun activities that the kids loved, was so special. Great value for money and so easy to book. Would love to do it all again.

RossGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed with Trip A deal

We went on a 2 week Trip a Deal tour to Vietnam in early March 2020. On 3 separate occasions, we confirmed with TAD everything was ok to go prior to departure. From day one on arrival, it was clear there would be significant disruptions to our tour. Eventually, it was cut short by a week because of Covid. We have made several attempts to communicate with TAD with no meaningful response.
Very disappointed they haven't provided any refund or future credits when anecdotal evidence suggests other travel agencies have.
If using them be aware. Our experience has been what they say is not what they deliver.

Booking Type Accommodation, Cruise, Flights and Tour

Not What Was Advertised

Deb

DebHunter Region, NSW

Tangalooma deal

We just went to Tangalooma Island through Tripadeal and had such a fabulous time! Such an easy way to book online and all my questions were handled by their lovely staff on Facebook. Technology these days. Thanks again Tripadeal for all your help we had a wonderful time and would recommend Tangalooma Island highly.

Bradforth

BradforthCentral West, NSW

Excited to see what the future holds

We have had 4 previous fantastic trips with TAD so we are looking forward to many more. We were meant to go to Borneo this year but unfortunately that won’t be happening, yet something to look forward to next year! The Christmas market trip and Vietnam were our favourite places that we have been with TAD !

M Keating

M KeatingSydney, NSW

Beautiful Sri Lanka trip

I just wanted to say thank you to all of Tripadeal. I have been to Sri Lanka with one of your deals and it was so beautifully breathtaking. I really do look forward to booking more holidays through you soon

Bee

BeeRichmond-Tweed, NSW

We love to travel

Lets support local businesses. We cannot wait to to go back to Trip A Deal to book our next holiday, they have helped us so much in the past and we have confidence they will in the future. Please support local businesses like Trip A Deal they do a fantastic job and have helped us travel the world.

The Berrys

The BerrysNew South Wales

Prompt and friendly staff

We appreciate the prompt and efficient service via the friendly staff at TripADeal. We are regular TripADealers both domestically and internationally and have nothing but good things to say to them . Keep on going strong TripADeal we have your back

Chez

ChezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Past Traveller - Australia deals

I don't currently have a booking with TripADeal, but I have travelled with them once before a couple of years ago to Europe and they were great. I have been looking at their website lately and noticed that they have alot of Australian deals coming out which I am excited for. Keep them coming TripADeal. Seeing that we can't go overseas for who knows how long it's nice to know we can see parts of Australia.Please bring more deals in South Australia out

CLARA

CLARASydney, NSW

No Macchu Picchu

Family of four missed out on main event which was Macchu Picchu. You would think that Trip a Deal would at least offer us a voucher. We paid $28,000. Do the right thing.

Booking Type Tour
Yolanda

YolandaSydney, NSW

Wonderful time in Sri Lanka and The Maldives

We went on a trip to Sri Lanka & The Maldives just before all hell broke loose and had such a wonderful experience that I will forever treasure. Such a beautiful part of the world that everyone should visit. The elephants were the highlight. They’re such amazing placid creatures.

Grabby F

Grabby FGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A very big thank you to Mel and to the other staff involved in helping us with getting the necessary documentation for our insurance company. We were one of the fortunate ones who were able to claim back the costs involved to get back from Italy when Covid 19 hit. Unlike many on here, I sympathise with the efforts that Trip A Deal and many of the other travel companies have been put in under the pandemic. We can only hope travel returns to normal sooner rather than later.

Mikef50

Mikef50Sydney, NSW

It could be worse

Dave

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Morocco Help!!

I will never forget how hard your team worked to get me and my travel group out of Morocco during this mess - wow, amazing. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

TripADealTripadeal

Clean neat and tidy country inn

We booked a standard room with a kitchenette. Very nice had been renovated and was tastefully done. Great location, lovely pool and BBQ area. Partner ordered full breakfast which was great, while I cooked in our kitchen

Garry F.

Garry F.Sydney, NSW

Very disappointed - all care but NO responsibility - Do Not Use

BrianGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Shame, shame,shame Tripadeal

After 3 months of ignoring all contact through emails, phone calls and correspondence for a disaster holiday this company has now offered credits for overseas travel that they know can never be used due to the virus and closed boarders. Due to the short use by dates these credits can’t be used. Why bother you should just give us nothing, which is what you have given all along. Criminal

Booking Type Accommodation, Cruise, Flights and Tour
Brian

This is the same message you send every time and nobody ever gets back to you

Kevin K.

Kevin K.asked

I cannot get a straight answer from TripADeal on anything. I have 2 outstanding 'coupons' one of which I must book by 31 October when NZ (where I live) will continue to have closed borders until at least Jan 2021 unless I pay NZ Gov't $3,500 quarantine fee when I return.
I asked TripAdeal for a time extension to book (until our borders reopen to at least Aust. holidays as I think that will reopen first). I got a reply that said "no extension". Seems written in legalise as confusing to me, I guess to ensure TripADeal commit to nothing which has been their approach to trying resolve both my 'deals' over last 6 months. How can any org that doesn't want to go out of business treat their former customers so poorly - I did email back for clarification on one issue - no reply; impossible to reach by phone, and prerecorded phone message re their contact hours is wrong, and one of their previous 'free' phone numbers is now assigned to a goods carrier. Maybe they couldn't pay their phone account.
What are they doing with all their tax/airline ground fees etce for untaken flights when they lawfully should be repaid to the traveller when flights don't fly?
QUESTION - How do I talk to someone without line cutting off after a limited number of rings? Hoe do I get a reply to my email - I am 70 yo and a bit thick so I want help/advice; not a fob off.
Kevin Ph 0064 274916687 or 0064 7 8465463

Ross

I would go to the ACCC& NCA depending on where you live, I have lodged a complaint with the ACCC for starters, there could be a clan action claim against them coming shortly

Lex S.
Lex S.

Hi Kevin.
Sorry to hear your plight.
I would call them to discuss your situation.
We have found them ok to deal with.
A bit slow. But they must be going through extremely busy times with the Covid situation.
We obtained our refund less a small fee for our trip due to start end August.
We asked for a BER.
We chose to not go down the NCAT route.
Wish you all the best.
Regards.
Lex.

Dorothy G.
Dorothy G.

Go back to them and request a refund. I suggest you check out the Tripacon tripadeal FB pages there are a number of NZ people who are members.

Deniseasked

Offer 3316-25 Best of Balkans was cancelled due to COVID19. I have been offered a credit - I would just like my money back. I currently have paid for 3 trips with your company so in effect you have over $15,000 of my money. You refuse to answer my emails. My last email was sent on 25 Aug 2020 reference no 00064996. The first credit for the Baltics you had the nerve to charge me a $499 re-scheduling fee. I didn't re-schedule - you did. This fee is paramount to theft. It will be interesting to see what you offer on my Christmas Markets Trip. Probably another credit - all to be used by 31.12.2021.
1. What happens if you are again unable to fulfil your offer - will I again be given another credit?
2 Why can't I just get a refund for these trips - you did?
3. Is your company solvent???

Charlene C.
Charlene C.

Denise, I have been trying for so long to make contact with TripADeal, and they wont answer their phone, they wont reply to emails, their livechat isnt live, you can't leave a phone number for a callback as the recorded voice tells you the number isnt valid. I think we have done our money and it is a warning to anyone else.

Marl

Go to NCAT and get a hearing over the phone to get a refund

What is NCAT

msds

msdsasked

Cant seem to join that group on fb tripacon tripadeal that is getting refunds. Anyone know how to get accepted i keep getting declined.

Linda B.
Linda B.

It's a private group you have to ask to join. Tripadeal community group. And no one is getting refunds. All members are making a voice about TAD unfair actions and poor to no communication.

Marl

Linda some are getting refunds through the NCAT

Marl

The group is TripACon Trip A Deal ask to join and hundreds of customers have put what they are doing to get refunds also on face booked join Travel Industry Issues The Need for Change for Australians

Get an answer from our members and Tripadeal representatives