Tripadeal (page 3 of 59)

3.3 from 1,179 reviews · View Details

3.3

1,179 reviews
  • Trip Completed Yes (266) · No (392)
  • Ease of Booking

Family Lyons

Family LyonsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hard to deal with

Very frustrated with this company. Our European trip was cancelled due to Covid-19. Two of my three travelling companions will more than likely not be able to travel next year and beyond due to health issues. We requested a credit to be used to travel within Australia (this was after our refund request was denied). Told we can only use the credit for travel in Europe. All our emails and requests fell on deaf ears. TripADeal has a response for everything (that’s when they actually respond). So disappointed. Have never travelled overseas and thanks to this lot probably won’t anytime soon as I’m pretty sure I’m going to lose my money. Can’t believe they are still advertising trips.

Debra W.

Debra W.

Very dishonest company

Having booked and paid for an overseas tour that has been cancelled by Tripadeal (TAD), I would expect that the majority of funds would be refunded to me, as requested by me on several occasions. Especially so as the airline has cancelled and refunded flight costs to other passengers and because of the lead time between COVID-19 hitting and the date of the tour, meaning that other costs would not have been paid by TAD. Tripadeal has chosen to keep my hard earned money. It is a scandalous situation and extremely disappointing especially for my fellow traveller who lost their employment through COVID and makes losing the money even more sad. Would give a zero star rating if I could.

Balijo

BalijoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Tripascam

Richard

RichardSouth East Queensland, QLD

We were due to visit Japan in September but unfortunately due to a serious Cancer diagnosis and resultant surgery, we had to cancel our trip mid July. Our Travel Insurers initially turned down our claim as they said the trip had been cancelled because of the Covid-19 pandemic. TripaDeal were fantastic in helping us provide evidence that at that time the trip had not yet been cancelled by them or the airline and that our cancelling was purely down to my Cancer treatment. Due to TripaDeal's intervention on our behalf we received a full refund (less excess) from the Insurers. Thank you so much TripaDeal in assisting us at this very stressful time.

Great service !

I had a long awaited holiday booked to Tangalooma Resort, unfortunately I live in NSW and am unable to get there, I was so impressed TripADeal reached out to me via email and offered the chance to change my date, no fuss, such an easy process, great work TripADeal, keep up the good work, I understand it's a difficult time at the moment.

Just so wrong

Refuses to pass on any refund when TAD have received refund from airline. They keep using the "we have a no refund policy" line which, in normal circumstances, is ok. 2020 is not normal circumstances. Normally non-refundable air tickets wouldn't have been refunded but the airline changed their policy due to the pandemic. One of the air tickets in question was just an air ticket not part of a bundled package and they are even refusing to refund that. We are only seeking a refund of the 5 x airfares which we know they have received back from the airline.

Debbie B.

Debbie B.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Tripadeal need to review credits.

Due to the current covid restrictions Tripadeal should look at refunding people with outstanding credits. Borders are not going to open up any time soon. Refund would take pressure off everyone in these horrid conditions especially the victorians.

Sarah

SarahMurray Mallee, SA

Trip A Deal - No Refund

3 Trips booked, none will proceed - no refund

Andries T.
Andries T.

Thanks Trip A Deal Team, a response to the Case Numbers # 00063718 and # 00064164 will be an excellent start to showing some care....

Mike

MikeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Taking initiative

If it wasn't for me reaching out again to TripADeal I wouldn't have been able to get what I asked for. I understand that this doesn't always work in the customers favour however I think it helps to reach out rather then complain on here or on Facebook or on any public forum. Just a thought as I did this and was able to get something better then my first offer they provided me with.

Penny

PennyQueensland

Please stop whinging and portraying your negativity

Cant believe still trading

looks like nothing has changed with this company ,my wife and i booked a trip through Canada we had a hold up with paperwork for entry to Canada due to Easter public Holidays (all approved a couple of days too late . TAD told us they dont do refunds and told me i was a criminal and thats why our paperwork was held up .Qantas Airline said they had money for us but TAD wouldnt allow them to return our money as its against company policey . travel ins no good either $10,000 gone.

Luke C.

Luke C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible and unethical company - DO NOT USE!!!

Booked a trip for just over $10,000 through Tripadeal last November.
Understandably, they cancelled my trip due to Covid-19. However, they have refused to offer any refund and have advised they won't be refunding my money because they book through different suppliers and are there for not responsible.
I have lost all the money I paid for the trip and have received nothing for it. Please do yourself a favor and steer clear of this unethical company!

Avoid at All Cost - or it will cost dearly

Karen

KarenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thanks to Billy for assisting me with all my questions about my upcoming trip. I was so concerned and she was able to assure me that we will be updated soon with information. Just being able to speak to someone is nice. Thanks Billy you were a treasure to speak with.

Natalie E.

Natalie E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They have lost many future customers

We booked a trip. Covid strikes. They mislead us saying we can accept a voucher or nothing. So we accept, only to find out we should of been entitled to a refund if we wanted one. We go back and say we would like a refund due to those factors. Nope can’t help now. Looks like slater and Gordon class action it is!

Linda B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Buyer Beware

Money back please

Booked a holiday due to leave in August, and would just like my money returned as now not working and need this money. Where is our airfare money because tickets weren't booked.

Tom

TomGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Vague and Evasive

I have been contacting TAD for 5 months now attempting to obtain reasonable responses to my questions regarding a refund for a trip that was cancelled due to Covid 19. I accept this is a difficult and complex time for the entire tourist industry and the world in general. I have received very little contact and information in response from TAD. The vagueness and evasiveness is consistent with poor business and social ethics. I also encourage others to join the class action against TAD.

TripADealTripadeal

TripADeal? More like Tripascam!

I am so disappointed in TripADeal. My partner and I bought a once in a life time holiday to the Maldives where I planned to propose and they offered no refund! Only credit notes and now have not replied to our emails for a few weeks. Other companies are offering full refunds and they are just disappearing without money!

Kevin K.

Kevin K.asked

I cannot get a straight answer from TripADeal on anything. I have 2 outstanding 'coupons' one of which I must book by 31 October when NZ (where I live) will continue to have closed borders until at least Jan 2021 unless I pay NZ Gov't $3,500 quarantine fee when I return.
I asked TripAdeal for a time extension to book (until our borders reopen to at least Aust. holidays as I think that will reopen first). I got a reply that said "no extension". Seems written in legalise as confusing to me, I guess to ensure TripADeal commit to nothing which has been their approach to trying resolve both my 'deals' over last 6 months. How can any org that doesn't want to go out of business treat their former customers so poorly - I did email back for clarification on one issue - no reply; impossible to reach by phone, and prerecorded phone message re their contact hours is wrong, and one of their previous 'free' phone numbers is now assigned to a goods carrier. Maybe they couldn't pay their phone account.
What are they doing with all their tax/airline ground fees etce for untaken flights when they lawfully should be repaid to the traveller when flights don't fly?
QUESTION - How do I talk to someone without line cutting off after a limited number of rings? Hoe do I get a reply to my email - I am 70 yo and a bit thick so I want help/advice; not a fob off.
Kevin Ph 0064 274916687 or 0064 7 8465463

Ross
Ross

I would go to the ACCC& NCA depending on where you live, I have lodged a complaint with the ACCC for starters, there could be a clan action claim against them coming shortly

Lex S.
Lex S.

Hi Kevin.
Sorry to hear your plight.
I would call them to discuss your situation.
We have found them ok to deal with.
A bit slow. But they must be going through extremely busy times with the Covid situation.
We obtained our refund less a small fee for our trip due to start end August.
We asked for a BER.
We chose to not go down the NCAT route.
Wish you all the best.
Regards.
Lex.

Dorothy G.
Dorothy G.

Go back to them and request a refund. I suggest you check out the Tripacon tripadeal FB pages there are a number of NZ people who are members.

Deniseasked

Offer 3316-25 Best of Balkans was cancelled due to COVID19. I have been offered a credit - I would just like my money back. I currently have paid for 3 trips with your company so in effect you have over $15,000 of my money. You refuse to answer my emails. My last email was sent on 25 Aug 2020 reference no 00064996. The first credit for the Baltics you had the nerve to charge me a $499 re-scheduling fee. I didn't re-schedule - you did. This fee is paramount to theft. It will be interesting to see what you offer on my Christmas Markets Trip. Probably another credit - all to be used by 31.12.2021.
1. What happens if you are again unable to fulfil your offer - will I again be given another credit?
2 Why can't I just get a refund for these trips - you did?
3. Is your company solvent???

Charlene C.
Charlene C.

Denise, I have been trying for so long to make contact with TripADeal, and they wont answer their phone, they wont reply to emails, their livechat isnt live, you can't leave a phone number for a callback as the recorded voice tells you the number isnt valid. I think we have done our money and it is a warning to anyone else.

Marl

Go to NCAT and get a hearing over the phone to get a refund

What is NCAT

msds

msdsasked

Cant seem to join that group on fb tripacon tripadeal that is getting refunds. Anyone know how to get accepted i keep getting declined.

Linda B.

It's a private group you have to ask to join. Tripadeal community group. And no one is getting refunds. All members are making a voice about TAD unfair actions and poor to no communication.

Marl

Linda some are getting refunds through the NCAT

Marl

The group is TripACon Trip A Deal ask to join and hundreds of customers have put what they are doing to get refunds also on face booked join Travel Industry Issues The Need for Change for Australians

Get an answer from our members and Tripadeal representatives