Tripadeal (page 4 of 59)

3.3 from 1,179 reviews · View Details

3.3

1,179 reviews
  • Trip Completed Yes (266) · No (392)
  • Ease of Booking

Not What Was Advertised

Clive

CliveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thank you Tripadeal for the full credit we received for our cancelled trip to Borneo. We are so appreciative. We are still very interested in visiting Vietnam or Italy and Morocco when we can travel again . Very impressed with the professional way you and your staff have handled this difficult time. Thanks again for your hard work and time spent on assisting us.

Chris

ChrisSydney, NSW

Air fare refund

Etihad is now refunding air fares for cancelled flights due to COVID-19 even if they had offered credit earlier. TAD is not prepared to pass on the refund to customers who booked through TAD and the trip was cancelled due to COVID-19 on the mistaken belief that if you opted for a credit the airfare can be withheld.
In my view this amount to deception and fraud. Has anyone encountered this? Chris

martind57

martind57Mid North Coast, NSW

Great response at a very difficult time.

Initial booking was made after coronavirus was announced so travel insurance wouldn't cover the cancellation. Tripadeal was clear in its communication and asked for patience, which was totally understandable under the circumstances. Was given a full credit and rebooked the same Borneo trip for September with no additional cost. This tour has also been cancelled so just received another email offering a full credit of amount paid. A very difficult time for all travel companies and in my case they did as much or more than I could expect and delivered precisely what they promised with no extra charges. I'll be using my credit within Australia ASAP and am looking forward to touring overseas with Tripadeal next year.

Robjuls

RobjulsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This company is disgraceful

AnnaM

AnnaMIllawarra, NSW

Trip A Deal- Your Company is a Disgrace!

We have been dealing with Trip A Deal for many years, we WERE loyal customers....until Covid-19 hit. We had 3 overseas trips this year booked and fully paid, and I have been battling with them for over 3 months. I have not been refunded one red cent! They refuse all requests for refunds, offering only deferred travel vouchers with impossibe conditions and booking deadlines, not to mention attrocious fees! How can they place booking deadlines when there is an INDEFINITE travel ban in force. Shame on you Trip A Deal....I will most certainly NOT be using you any time in the future.

Deb

DebHunter Region, NSW

Tangalooma deal

We just went to Tangalooma Island through Tripadeal and had such a fabulous time! Such an easy way to book online and all my questions were handled by their lovely staff on Facebook. Technology these days. Thanks again Tripadeal for all your help we had a wonderful time and would recommend Tangalooma Island highly.

Bradforth

BradforthCentral West, NSW

Excited to see what the future holds

We have had 4 previous fantastic trips with TAD so we are looking forward to many more. We were meant to go to Borneo this year but unfortunately that won’t be happening, yet something to look forward to next year! The Christmas market trip and Vietnam were our favourite places that we have been with TAD !

Marg Hodgson

Marg HodgsonThe Mallee, VIC

Cancellation of European tour due to covid

Tripadeal cancelled out trip due to covid and were only offered vouchers less admin fee
We would've preferred our cash returned.
This virus is going to be here for some time.

Very bad service

Lee

LeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No scruples

Tripadeal have no scruples , poor morals and no concern at all for their victims yet they have the audacity to post fake reviews on here and other sites to improve the very poor consumer rating.

M Keating

M KeatingSydney, NSW

Beautiful Sri Lanka trip

I just wanted to say thank you to all of Tripadeal. I have been to Sri Lanka with one of your deals and it was so beautifully breathtaking. I really do look forward to booking more holidays through you soon

TripADeal

JessandJohn

JessandJohnRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Credit

Myself and my father were mean to be going to Japan in May and unfortunatley as like many had their trip cancelled. Initially we were offered a Peace of mind offer to rebook the trip by 2021. With this being unlikley we asked if we could use the credit for a NZ trip. The response from them was extremley efficient and we were able to use the credit for a NZ trip. I was so happy and thankful for their promprt replies to my email request. Thanks again

Bella

BellaHunter Region, NSW

Refund

I requested a refund from our trip that we were due to go on in June, I have been back and forth in emails to determine what is happening. I received a very prompt response back which was great saying that they were looking into this for me. They kept me updated during the process, although we are still waiting for a final amount it is nice to know that someone is working in the office to keep us updated, this keeps my mind at ease. I just wanted to say many thanks again for tripadeals time and effort to ensure that I have been updated in the process.Much appreciated.

Stace

StaceCentral Queensland, QLD

Disgraceful treatment of customers

Awful service and disgraceful treatment of customers. I would not recommend taking another holiday through this company again. Don’t waste your hard earned savings. My experience with these guys has put me off travel for awhile.

Drewmans

DrewmansSydney, NSW

Returning customer

We have a BIG credit to use up from our trip to Italy & The Med, we really love the domestic deals that are coming through. My husband and I have been looking at the Sunshine Coast trip and it has come at a great time as it will be my birthday. I just wanted to say that TAD rock and have been so helpful over the last few weeks. We have been on many TADtrips including China, and Borneo. It is a shame we can't go to Italy but maybe we can next year or the year after. We are hopeful!

LynSydney, NSW

Not looking good for my Aunt

My elderly Aunt with health issues is very worried about whether Tripadeal will refund the costs of her trip to India which was cancelled because of covid 19. If she only receives a credit, she does not know if she will ever be able to use it and will have to continue to pay travel insurance to cover the credit, should she become ill and not be able to use it.

it will be terrible if her fares are not refunded by this company.

Pete

PeteVictoria

Great and efficient customer service

My parents were booked to go to Sydney at the end of July, and although it was domestic travel they could still not travel due to corona virus as they live in Victoria. We emailed them to see if we could have a credit on file and rebooks a later date, we were able to get this through Jetstar so I could not see it being a problem doing this through Trip A deal as they could not travel. My parents also did not know when they would be able to travel again. With continuous back and forth on email with Jay I was advised that they could offer my parents a credit. I was so relieved that they did not lose their money and can visit Sydney another time, Thanks Jay for your continuos efforts is greatly appreciated.

Kris

KrisIllawarra, NSW

Kept updated on progress of my trip

We were due to travel to Samoa in August and have spoken with the team in the office to check what I would be getting, wether it be a credit or refund. I have been on their back constantly via email and with prompt and explanatory responses they have kept me informed every single time. Although I am still waiting for an email to be sent to me to see what my options are, it is nice to know that someone is working in the office and keeping me up to date with what is going on. Even if I have to be proactive about it. That I appreciate, so thank you. Hopefully if we don't get a refund we can have a credit for Australia, thier Day Dream Island deal looks great!

Kevin K.

Kevin K.asked

I cannot get a straight answer from TripADeal on anything. I have 2 outstanding 'coupons' one of which I must book by 31 October when NZ (where I live) will continue to have closed borders until at least Jan 2021 unless I pay NZ Gov't $3,500 quarantine fee when I return.
I asked TripAdeal for a time extension to book (until our borders reopen to at least Aust. holidays as I think that will reopen first). I got a reply that said "no extension". Seems written in legalise as confusing to me, I guess to ensure TripADeal commit to nothing which has been their approach to trying resolve both my 'deals' over last 6 months. How can any org that doesn't want to go out of business treat their former customers so poorly - I did email back for clarification on one issue - no reply; impossible to reach by phone, and prerecorded phone message re their contact hours is wrong, and one of their previous 'free' phone numbers is now assigned to a goods carrier. Maybe they couldn't pay their phone account.
What are they doing with all their tax/airline ground fees etce for untaken flights when they lawfully should be repaid to the traveller when flights don't fly?
QUESTION - How do I talk to someone without line cutting off after a limited number of rings? Hoe do I get a reply to my email - I am 70 yo and a bit thick so I want help/advice; not a fob off.
Kevin Ph 0064 274916687 or 0064 7 8465463

Ross
Ross

I would go to the ACCC& NCA depending on where you live, I have lodged a complaint with the ACCC for starters, there could be a clan action claim against them coming shortly

Lex S.
Lex S.

Hi Kevin.
Sorry to hear your plight.
I would call them to discuss your situation.
We have found them ok to deal with.
A bit slow. But they must be going through extremely busy times with the Covid situation.
We obtained our refund less a small fee for our trip due to start end August.
We asked for a BER.
We chose to not go down the NCAT route.
Wish you all the best.
Regards.
Lex.

Dorothy G.
Dorothy G.

Go back to them and request a refund. I suggest you check out the Tripacon tripadeal FB pages there are a number of NZ people who are members.

Deniseasked

Offer 3316-25 Best of Balkans was cancelled due to COVID19. I have been offered a credit - I would just like my money back. I currently have paid for 3 trips with your company so in effect you have over $15,000 of my money. You refuse to answer my emails. My last email was sent on 25 Aug 2020 reference no 00064996. The first credit for the Baltics you had the nerve to charge me a $499 re-scheduling fee. I didn't re-schedule - you did. This fee is paramount to theft. It will be interesting to see what you offer on my Christmas Markets Trip. Probably another credit - all to be used by 31.12.2021.
1. What happens if you are again unable to fulfil your offer - will I again be given another credit?
2 Why can't I just get a refund for these trips - you did?
3. Is your company solvent???

Charlene C.
Charlene C.

Denise, I have been trying for so long to make contact with TripADeal, and they wont answer their phone, they wont reply to emails, their livechat isnt live, you can't leave a phone number for a callback as the recorded voice tells you the number isnt valid. I think we have done our money and it is a warning to anyone else.

Marl

Go to NCAT and get a hearing over the phone to get a refund

What is NCAT

msds

msdsasked

Cant seem to join that group on fb tripacon tripadeal that is getting refunds. Anyone know how to get accepted i keep getting declined.

Linda B.
Linda B.

It's a private group you have to ask to join. Tripadeal community group. And no one is getting refunds. All members are making a voice about TAD unfair actions and poor to no communication.

Marl

Linda some are getting refunds through the NCAT

Marl

The group is TripACon Trip A Deal ask to join and hundreds of customers have put what they are doing to get refunds also on face booked join Travel Industry Issues The Need for Change for Australians

Get an answer from our members and Tripadeal representatives