TripAdvisor

TripAdvisor

Brand Manager for TripAdvisor? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.7
  • Trip Completed Yes · No (21)
  • Ease of Booking
AAA
AAA

pay pal good at taking money and zero morals take them to Court

happened to me to. I put money into pay and pal to pay for products. They kept it 4 years until I went to the Magistrates court..... no apology.... what do YOU think about someone who takes your money, be it $1 or $10,000? NEVER EVER use pay pal

pgonsior
pgonsiorSydney, Australia

Tripadvisor want their cut

So I booked a harbour cruise for the weekend through Tripadvisor. I should have known there would be a premium by booking through an agent like Tripadvisor. They took a 20% cut for their "service". Beware.

Booking TypeCruise
SamEyre Peninsula, SA

Birthday Dinner at Zayt & Zaatat Lebanese Restaurant, 601 Lower North East road Campbelltown, South Australia

We as a party of 7 had a birthday dinner at the above restaurant. What and evening. We all savoured different types of Lebanese food dishes and everyone of them was served professionally by great ,happy,staff. The area was greatly set up and turned up a really great evening.I would recommend this venue to anyone intending to go there.

Sam

My name is not Sam. Where did that come from?

No support for businesses

Trip advisor is not supporting the businesses that it makes its money from, its telling customers that cancellations are due to these companies rather then the company’s own policies, very disappointed

Lee C.
Lee C.Mid North Coast, NSW

Customer service is non-existent!!

I reported a false and libellous review by a person who did not even stay at my business but left a review to deliberately damage my business - Trip Adviser sent an automated email reply saying they had reviewed my complaint and would not remove.

Daphne
DaphneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unreliable

It is difficult - if not impossible - to receive a refund when having to cancel a booking made through sites such as Tripadvisor. It is better to book directly with the hotel.

Marcelle
MarcelleSydney, NSW

Tripadvisor - no contact on emails following COVID-19

Early this year I booked two apartments for two different stays in London for my planned trip this year, both of which had deposits paid immediately. Then COVID-19 happened. We are not allowed to leave our country to travel overseas due to COVID-19. I have been in communication with both contacts of the apartments, both of whom have agreed in writing to give us a refund but they indicated we had to contact Tripadvisor. I have tried on multiple occasions to email Tripadvisor and have received absolutely no response except an automated email. Not happy with Tripadvisor. I will never book accommodation through them again.

Wendy A.
Wendy A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Censored Luxury Escapes Review

I posted a review on TripAdvisor regarding Luxury Escapes, which was not approved. My review was not abusive or untrue. Is there a conflict of interest, why else would they not approve my review?

Booking TypeTour

Terrible customer service

I have reported multiple reviews as they were blatant lies and others were written by friends of an ex-disgruntled employee yet the reviews are still there and I have not received a response.

Gary
Gary

Won’t publish reviews

I wrote an honest review about an experience my partner and I had at an restaurant establishment on TripAdvisor and the company shot down my review saying it was not going to publish my review as it was not a substantial experience. It WAS our experience. So I’ve deleted the app and want nothing to do with their garbage if they can’t accept that an experience is an experience and it was no different to any of the other one-starred negative reviews other people had of the place.

Martin
MartinCanberra 2600, ACT

Collins Street Residences by Apartments Of Melbourne

Seriously advise you DO NOT do business with this miserable organisation. After requesting a refund on booking dates which unfortunately fall within the period of Victoria's second wave, they told me it was up to me to contact AGODA (who I had originally booked through) to get a refund for the reservation.

AGODA informed me that they needed approval from the hotel to do refunds and then sent me an email several days later saying "unfortunately we were unable to get approval from the hotel". Corporate misdirection at its most pathetic. This behaviour needs to be brought to the attention of potential customers.

Casey

I would never use this company.

Always call the location to book direct. These massive companies suck the profits from local businesses and have been well proven to have 30% fake reviews. I would never trust them.

BSA123
BSA123

Dodgy Practices - Don’t use this website to read reviews

Don’t believe the reviews you read on Trip Advisor. They are biased. Left a bad review for a hotel for not refunding money due to COVID19, Trip Advisor deleted that review.

Left 4 others good reviews on hotels who have refunded the money due to COVID 19 and they accepted all those 4 reviews.

It shows they are hiding all the bad reviews because hotels probably pay them money to hide the bad reviews.

Save your time and don’t use Trip advisor as you would only see good reviews about the hotels.

disappointed shopper
disappointed shopperCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Disappointed with Censorship

I am a frequent poster on Trip Advisor and had never previously had a review rejected. I posted a review about one hotel in Spain that was refusing to refund our accommodation fully pre-paid costs while all other accommodation places we had booked in Spain by contrast had refunded and were obliging. Trip Advisor rejected the post on three attempts to post about the issue. I have concluded that they are supporting hotels over customers in this day of COVID. I was an active user of Trip Advisor but have now lost faith due to their censorship policies.

Olivigina RestaurantatPietro Gallo estate Warrandyte South 3134

What a surprise a lot of people there noise level was o k order a plate of italian food to share with 7 people excellent then i had knock which was excellent the steak looked great and so did the ricotta sweets looked great