Tripcover (page 2 of 6)

• Incentivised Review Yes (7%) · No (93%)

Greg

GregColac Victoria

Excellent car rental cover

This is great cover for rental cars clearly explains what you are covered for and all ways a great rate.
Thank you.
Greg

Russell  Thomas

Russell ThomasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy as you like!

Always nice to feel the security of affordable hire car insurance, makes traveling so much more fun without the stress!

Competitive

Was very disappointed to see an overseas tax charge on top of this insurance charge. Would not use this again for this reason

Desmond S.Tripcover

Hi Yvonne, can you explain further what this overseas tax was? DId you make a claim and then get charged or was it part of your policy charge?

Desmond S.Tripcover

Ohhh. You mean the 10% GST....ok I will enquire with Allianz what should we do with this regards.

Kevin

KevinToogoom

Saves a fortune on Excess Insurance

I use this product every time I rent a car. Saves about 50% off most rental car Excess Insurance Cover.

Fantastic value

I love these guys, We use them everytime we get rental a car. such great value, Thankfully we have not had to make a claim yet, but with everything they cover i have fantastic piece of mind when we use them.

Abe Froman

Abe FromanNth sydney

Domestic standalone car rental excess cover

Cheapest domestic standalone car rental excess cover I could find (plus frequent flyer 5% discount ! ) Easy to use website with a breakdown of the number of hours protected (no 2nd guessing) - highly recommend

Marina

MarinaAdelaide

Far less expensive than going through the car hire company

I didn't realize you could book excess insurance other than through the car hire company until I did a little research and this is a far more economical way to do it. We haven't actually needed to use the insurance (as yet) but I will update if we do.

THL_OZ

THL_OZSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't waste money on AER

I am a long term Hertz fan and continue to support their brand whenever I rent a car. When I am not on corporate travel or otherwise covered by Travel insurance I refuse to pay for the rip-off $24/day AER charged by all Rental Car companies, instead I cover myself with this excellent product from Tripcover and Allianz.

Their service is great and the price is reasonable.

Review collected in partnership with Tripcover

Couldnt believe they would be so forthcoming!

Took out excess cover for my daughter as premium was lower than others and easy to set up. When my daughter was "forced" to take out excess cover again with rental car company to avoid $2000 bond , I contacted Tripcover with a view to cancelling. Although it was already the first day of cover, to my surprise and delight they agreed to refund her full amount. I am gobsmacked by this level of service and common sense.Will undoubtedly use again.AAA+

Geoff

GeoffWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

This is my go to rental insurance.

This company gives great price, peace of mind insurance that makes car renting sensible. I would definitely recommend this service.

Saji

Saji

Like the idea of actually getting car rental cover without the rental company taking a cut..got covered for a lot less than what the rental company wanted. But no claims made.

Russell

RussellDarwin

What it Doesn't cover!

The claim was paid less admin fees. This is stated in the What we Will Not Pay section of the PDS. But without knowing what these fees could be it's of little use in making a purchase decision. The admin costs to me were more than the amount I saved by using the TC insurance instead of buying from Enterprise. Lesson learned.

Insurance claim madeYes
Desmond S.Tripcover

Hi Russell, thanks for the feedback I am still waiting for Allianz to get back to me on this issue and how to improve our information on our site and to redress your out of pocket expense to some degree due to our lack of disclosure.

Kevin P

Kevin PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Always Good Value

Easy to set up on app and always half price of rental company.
Never Had to make claim, but dont hope to either
Always get email with cover, and details

Excellent Service

I didn't have to make a claim but had questions and needed to change the detail in my policy. This was handled in a friendly and professional way via email chats!

Insurance claim madeNo

Stops the rorting of insurance premiums by car rental companies

Absolutely a fair price for excess cover for car rental.
Simple to set up online.
I've never needed to make a claim in several dealings with tripcover so I cannot speak for customer service, but I certainly hope it would be as per other positive reviews I've read.
BZ

Desmond S.Tripcover

Thanks BZ, If you or any of our customer's claims process has not been satisfactory you can contact us directly at email @ Tripcover.com.au and we will get in touch with Allianz to see what we can do. We are on your side :)

Will_Z

Will_ZSydney

Good value, great customer service and easy claims

Great value excess insurance (or "secondary insurance" as they call it in the US) to cover rental car companys' standard excess in Australia.

Customer service is also very helpful over the phone for anything that can not be done on the website.

Tripcover policies are issued by Allianz Global Assistance and I found claiming to be generally quite easy, as long as you supply the paperwork and evidence to support it. Unlike other travel insurers they do not usually require the originals to be mailed to them.

Insurance claim madeYes
Desmond S.Tripcover

Thanks Will, some useful information for me as well as potential customers.

Martin

MartinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great service.

Simple process and very helpful staff. I had a query about renting across 2 States on consecutive days (but with different rental agreements) and received an immediate response to my email. The product offers good options for cover, great value when compared with others in the market and I will definitely be back with Tripcover next time I rent a car.

something to think about

i only found out about you through a friend who hires out cars i think your services should be more widely advertised as the service and price is right on the mark

Desmond S.Tripcover

I agree in part, but we mainly rely on word of mouth and reviews such as yours.
It is an expensive process doing pure advertising, especially for a new category of insurance. Hopefully slow and steady will win the race.

Review collected in partnership with Tripcover

Good value Australian car excess insurance

Good cover cost for car rental i Australia. No slug for older driver. Cost better than others looked at, no un-required frills, around $6 a day, whereas car hire companies 3 times this per day.

Insurance claim madeNo

2nd time i've used trip cover and will continue to use it!!!

Great value and easy to use. I saved nearly $100 by using trip cover instead of going through the rental company and only takes a couple of minutes to set up. Excellent.

Gareth Jasked

Im planning a trip to Austrailia for a wedding. I want campervan excess cover of between $5000-$7000 AUD.
My trip is from 11 Sep 20 to 6 Oct 20 (25 days) and although I will be parked at various camp-sites between Cairns and Brisbane during this period, I will be driving between camp-sites. I'm an Institute of Advanced Motorist (HGV Trained) and never had a "at fault" accident in my 33 years of driving but you cannot rule out a Kangaroo jumping out in front of you in Austrailia. Can I get cover for the whole excess?

starof67
starof67

Hi Gareth,

You’ll have to get in contact with tripcover direct, maybe via email and they will answer all your questions.

Hi Gareth yes we can cover you we policies for up to $4000, $6000 or $8000

Gareth J

Thank you both. I have looked into this and the saving I will be making over the hire companies nil excess policy will be over $1200. The extra holiday cash in my pocket will be spent on local ativities whilst touring in Austrailia and I will be giving $200 to the Fire Damage Fund as a token of my appreciation to you both. Can't wait for the start.

Vladimir

Vladimirasked

I am 76 years old. Can I still get cover ?

Chris Jones
Chris Jones

You need to check with Tripcover

No sorry Vladimir the Allianz policy only goes up to 75

Edmundasked

My car rental access is 6000. I already took up a travel insurance which cover my car rental access up to 2500. Can I just take up the 4000 access package to have full coverage?

Desmond S.Tripcover

Sure Edmund, and when claiming you just inform Allianz and they work out how to reimburse you.
They just don't want you doubling dipping.

Edmund

So, assuming if I have to claim the full AUD 6000. I will claim 2500 from my travel insurance and Tripcover will paid the remaining 3500 to me?

Desmond S.Tripcover

Yes something like that all insurance providers talk, I believe and come up with a solution, you can read more in our PDS https://tripcover.com.au/Allianz_Tripcover_Policy.pdf

Get an answer from our members and Tripcover representatives