2Tripcover

92% · 1274 · 3%

Geoff
GeoffMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

highly recommend

The website is excellent. It is clear and easy to follow. This is a great way to find protection over insurance excesses. It is my first time and I would definitely use it again.
Janabelle
Janabelle59 posts

Well worth taking out this car rental excess cover

I have used this site for several years (thankfully without having to make a claim), but it is worth it for ease of mind and so much cheaper than the car rental companies offer. The website is super easy to use and all the paperwork comes through via email straight away. It is reassuring to know that should we be in the unfortunate position of having to pay the car hire excess fee, that we can then claim this back from Tripcover.me
Tim Stephenson
Tim Stephenson

I didn't know about this site before so I'm glad I found it. It was easy to use and I saved some money!

This site is worth the small amount of extra time as the final cost for insurance cover was 50% less compared to the rates offered by the Car Rental companies themselves. Even better they offered a small discount form the advertised price when using the TripCover web-site.
Barry
BarryHunter Region, NSW3 posts

Great value. Brilliant customer service

Been using Tripcover for two years. Never needed to make a claim but any queries fixed up in less than 24 hours, anytime of the day or night. Brilliant customer service. Wouldn't waste money at the car rental counter on the same insurance at 4-5 times the cost.
Daniel D.
Daniel D.

Problem solved!

I recommend TripCover. Competitively priced vs rental companies. (Haven't had to claim yet.)

I had an issue where PayPal charged me but I never received insurance certificate. Initially difficult to contact, but Tripcover sorted out. Show reply

Pen
PenNew South Wales2 posts
MOnnie J
MOnnie JSydney, NSW

Better than buying at rental desk!

I bought many times for domestic and international rentals. Website is easy to navigate and can contact company online and cancel within 14 days cooling off. Purchased for more than ten rentals over four years. Convenient, well priced and efficient service!
David
David2 posts

Good value

Good value have been with your company for apx 40 years no complaints not happy with charges by hire companies (when you have never had a claim and have a good driving record regards David Mckay
Trudy der Kinderen
Trudy der KinderenSydney, NSW10 posts

WHY A REVIEW?

Why are so any people putting on a review when they haven't made a claim??? Sure its cheaper and no problem to get cover but the REAL TEST comes when making a claim and that's where you read about people being out of pocket sometimes to the extent that it may have been better to take out the car rental insurance instead. I find these 'non event' reviews really annoying and pointless!
shannanlouise
shannanlouise2 posts

Great service and excellent communication

Max and I are now back in England following our motorhome holiday around Western Australia for the past three months.

I just wanted to thank you for providing the reassurance of your policy. We had no mis-haps but it was great to know you were there to cover us if we had!

We'll definitely be doing more motorhome holidays and will contact you again for insurance.

Kind regards,
Shannan and Max Show reply

Happy Customer
Happy Customer6 posts

That was an easy decision

Cheaper than the excess cover offered by car-hire company, and the cover offered was easy to understand. The two options available from TripCover gave reasonable choice as well. Recommended service.
Sciger
ScigerSydney12 posts

Makes hiring a car affordable

I've used this insurance several times before to hire vehicles in Australia. It costs about $8 per day and covers windscreen damage etc which gives me peace of mind. The only problem is I needed $5000 excess but the only options were $4000 or $6000.

Show details ·  2

Tsailis
Tsailis

Excellent option to insure your excess

I only discovered this option of insurance recently on the internet. Easy to use and get the cover. As far as the convenience of been insured this works well. I haven't had a claim to see how that works !!George

LynC
LynCAU5 posts

Purchase was quick and easy - great customer service

I have only just purchaed the policy, not needed to claim at all but customer service was great after an initial little bit of confusion with how long I needed cover for. I contacted the service centre via email to clarify and Des was great. Below is the text from an email that I sent him after he looked after my query.

"You are a legend Des, thank you so much. I was not expecting to get the extra day for free, but I guess this is why Choice magazine recommends your company. I will most certainly be recommending you guys to friends and family and never again will I take out the expensive insurance with the hire car company."

Fergus Y
Fergus YAuckland, New Zealand14 posts
Ian
IanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

So far so good

Easy to understand information. Better cover than that provided by the rental companies. A little pricey for 2 days cover ($57.56). Bought cover for $6000 (domestic) becuase all the rental companies excess was more than $4000. Website wouldn't accept my Frequent Flyer number.

Greg
GregColac Victoria

Excellent car rental cover

This is great cover for rental cars clearly explains what you are covered for and all ways a great rate.

Thank you.

Greg

Russell  Thomas
Russell ThomasSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Easy as you like!

Always nice to feel the security of affordable hire car insurance, makes traveling so much more fun without the stress!

Yvonne  Goedemondt
Yvonne Goedemondt

Competitive

Was very disappointed to see an overseas tax charge on top of this insurance charge. Would not use this again for this reason

Tripcover   DM

Hi Yvonne, can you explain further what this overseas tax was? DId you make a claim and then get charged or was it part of your policy charge?

Kevin
KevinToogoom2 posts

Saves a fortune on Excess Insurance

I use this product every time I rent a car. Saves about 50% off most rental car Excess Insurance Cover.

Dale
Dale

Fantastic value

I love these guys, We use them everytime we get rental a car. such great value, Thankfully we have not had to make a claim yet, but with everything they cover i have fantastic piece of mind when we use them.

Abe Froman
Abe FromanNth sydney2 posts

Domestic standalone car rental excess cover

Cheapest domestic standalone car rental excess cover I could find (plus frequent flyer 5% discount ! ) Easy to use website with a breakdown of the number of hours protected (no 2nd guessing) - highly recommend

Marina
MarinaAdelaide

Far less expensive than going through the car hire company

I didn't realize you could book excess insurance other than through the car hire company until I did a little research and this is a far more economical way to do it. We haven't actually needed to use the insurance (as yet) but I will update if we do.

THL_OZ
THL_OZSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Don't waste money on AER

I am a long term Hertz fan and continue to support their brand whenever I rent a car. When I am not on corporate travel or otherwise covered by Travel insurance I refuse to pay for the rip-off $24/day AER charged by all Rental Car companies, instead I cover myself with this excellent product from Tripcover and Allianz.

Their service is great and the price is reasonable.

Garth
Garth

Couldnt believe they would be so forthcoming!

Took out excess cover for my daughter as premium was lower than others and easy to set up. When my daughter was "forced" to take out excess cover again with rental car company to avoid $2000 bond , I contacted Tripcover with a view to cancelling. Although it was already the first day of cover, to my surprise and delight they agreed to refund her full amount. I am gobsmacked by this level of service and common sense.Will undoubtedly use again.AAA+

Geoff
GeoffWide Bay-Burnett, QLD9 posts

This is my go to rental insurance

This company gives great price, peace of mind insurance that makes car renting sensible. I would definitely recommend this service.

Saji
Saji8 posts

Like the idea of actually getting car rental cover without the rental company taking a cut..got covered for a lot less than what the rental company wanted. But no claims made.

Russell
RussellDarwin

What it Doesn't cover!

The claim was paid less admin fees. This is stated in the What we Will Not Pay section of the PDS. But without knowing what these fees could be it's of little use in making a purchase decision. The admin costs to me were more than the amount I saved by using the TC insurance instead of buying from Enterprise. Lesson learned.

Tripcover   DM

Hi Russell, thanks for the feedback I am still waiting for Allianz to get back to me on this issue and how to improve our information on our site and to redress your out of pocket expense to some degree due to our lack of disclosure.

Kevin P
Kevin PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA10 posts

Always Good Value

Easy to set up on app and always half price of rental company.

Never Had to make claim, but dont hope to either

Always get email with cover, and details

Dave
Dave

Excellent Service

I didn't have to make a claim but had questions and needed to change the detail in my policy. This was handled in a friendly and professional way via email chats!

BZ32
BZ322 posts

Stops the rorting of insurance premiums by car rental companies

Absolutely a fair price for excess cover for car rental.

Simple to set up online.

I've never needed to make a claim in several dealings with tripcover so I cannot speak for customer service, but I certainly hope it would be as per other positive reviews I've read.

BZ

Will_Z
Will_ZSydney2 posts

Good value, great customer service and easy claims

Great value excess insurance (or "secondary insurance" as they call it in the US) to cover rental car companys' standard excess in Australia.

Customer service is also very helpful over the phone for anything that can not be done on the website.

Tripcover policies are issued by Allianz Global Assistance and I found claiming to be generally quite easy, as long as you supply the paperwork and evidence to support it. Unlike other travel insurers they do not usually require the originals to be mailed to them.

Martin
MartinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Simple process and very helpful staff. I had a query about renting across 2 States on consecutive days (but with different rental agreements) and received an immediate response to my email. The product offers good options for cover, great value when compared with others in the market and I will definitely be back with Tripcover next time I rent a car.

dog
dog

something to think about

i only found out about you through a friend who hires out cars i think your services should be more widely advertised as the service and price is right on the mark

Nick
Nick

Good value Australian car excess insurance

Good cover cost for car rental i Australia. No slug for older driver. Cost better than others looked at, no un-required frills, around $6 a day, whereas car hire companies 3 times this per day.

Simon
Simon

2nd time i've used trip cover and will continue to use it!!!

Great value and easy to use. I saved nearly $100 by using trip cover instead of going through the rental company and only takes a couple of minutes to set up. Excellent.

Garry
GarryLaunceston2 posts

clicked tax invoice but not sent

Hi all

I clicked for tax invoice but not sent,two emails but no Tax Invoice and no link to resend,now have to waste time chasing it up,

But this is one of the best priced insurance

It would be nice for them to read this review and send invoice (lets see if they read them :)

Cheers Garry

Tripcover   DM

Garry can you check your spam folder, your bigpond and our emailer does not seem to work well together. I will resend the invoice now.

Dizee
Dizee

Nice and easy to navigate website and affordable

The site was very easy to navigate around website and also called the customer service line and they were very friendly and helpful. Also very good value for money. Would recommend.

sooo good

I cant believe the money ive saved by dealing with Tripcover instead of going through the rental car company.

Quick and easy, no hassle will not hesitate to use them again and again

Phydeaux
PhydeauxSydney, NSW4 posts

One of the better online experiences

I find tripcover good value, easy to use and flexible. Purchasing the initial cover was easy, straightforward and inexpensive. I couldn't figure out whether or how I could extend my cover online, so I called customer support, who answered quickly and within a minute or two my cover was extended.

Extra Information