Tripcover (page 4 of 9)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (0)
LynC
LynCAU

Purchase was quick and easy - great customer service

I have only just purchaed the policy, not needed to claim at all but customer service was great after an initial little bit of confusion with how long I needed cover for. I contacted the service centre via email to clarify and Des was great. Below is the text from an email that I sent him after he looked after my query.

"You are a legend Des, thank you so much. I was not expecting to get the extra day for free, but I guess this is why Choice magazine recommends your company. I will most certainly be recommending you guys to friends and family and never again will I take out the expensive insurance with the hire car company."

Kiwi Consumer
Kiwi ConsumerAuckland, New Zealand

Take Note of possible Out of Pocket costs if you do have to claim

Insurance claim madeYes
Ian
Ian

So far so good

Easy to understand information. Better cover than that provided by the rental companies. A little pricey for 2 days cover ($57.56). Bought cover for $6000 (domestic) becuase all the rental companies excess was more than $4000. Website wouldn't accept my Frequent Flyer number.

Greg
GregColac Victoria

Excellent car rental cover

This is great cover for rental cars clearly explains what you are covered for and all ways a great rate.
Thank you.
Greg

Russell  Thomas
Russell ThomasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy as you like!

Always nice to feel the security of affordable hire car insurance, makes traveling so much more fun without the stress!

Review collected in partnership with Tripcover

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Competitive

Was very disappointed to see an overseas tax charge on top of this insurance charge. Would not use this again for this reason

Desmond S.Tripcover

Hi Yvonne, can you explain further what this overseas tax was? DId you make a claim and then get charged or was it part of your policy charge?

Desmond S.Tripcover

Ohhh. You mean the 10% GST....ok I will enquire with Allianz what should we do with this regards.

Kevin
KevinToogoom

Saves a fortune on Excess Insurance

I use this product every time I rent a car. Saves about 50% off most rental car Excess Insurance Cover.

Fantastic value

I love these guys, We use them everytime we get rental a car. such great value, Thankfully we have not had to make a claim yet, but with everything they cover i have fantastic piece of mind when we use them.

Abe Froman
Abe FromanNth sydney

Domestic standalone car rental excess cover

Cheapest domestic standalone car rental excess cover I could find (plus frequent flyer 5% discount ! ) Easy to use website with a breakdown of the number of hours protected (no 2nd guessing) - highly recommend

Marina
MarinaAdelaide

Far less expensive than going through the car hire company

I didn't realize you could book excess insurance other than through the car hire company until I did a little research and this is a far more economical way to do it. We haven't actually needed to use the insurance (as yet) but I will update if we do.

THL_OZ
THL_OZSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't waste money on AER

I am a long term Hertz fan and continue to support their brand whenever I rent a car. When I am not on corporate travel or otherwise covered by Travel insurance I refuse to pay for the rip-off $24/day AER charged by all Rental Car companies, instead I cover myself with this excellent product from Tripcover and Allianz.

Their service is great and the price is reasonable.

Review collected in partnership with Tripcover

Couldnt believe they would be so forthcoming!

Took out excess cover for my daughter as premium was lower than others and easy to set up. When my daughter was "forced" to take out excess cover again with rental car company to avoid $2000 bond , I contacted Tripcover with a view to cancelling. Although it was already the first day of cover, to my surprise and delight they agreed to refund her full amount. I am gobsmacked by this level of service and common sense.Will undoubtedly use again.AAA+

Geoff
GeoffWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

This is my go to rental insurance.

This company gives great price, peace of mind insurance that makes car renting sensible. I would definitely recommend this service.

Saji
Saji

Like the idea of actually getting car rental cover without the rental company taking a cut..got covered for a lot less than what the rental company wanted. But no claims made.

Russell
RussellDarwin

What it Doesn't cover!

The claim was paid less admin fees. This is stated in the What we Will Not Pay section of the PDS. But without knowing what these fees could be it's of little use in making a purchase decision. The admin costs to me were more than the amount I saved by using the TC insurance instead of buying from Enterprise. Lesson learned.

Insurance claim madeYes
Desmond S.Tripcover

Hi Russell, thanks for the feedback I am still waiting for Allianz to get back to me on this issue and how to improve our information on our site and to redress your out of pocket expense to some degree due to our lack of disclosure.