2Tripcover

92% · 1274 · 3%

Bernie Cee
Bernie CeeSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Too Easy !

Having been offered 'Total Protection' by the hire company I decided to look around for a company that wouldn't double my hire costs. I found Tripcover via my own car insurer and was very pleasantly surprised at the reasonable cost and options and the simplicity of creating the cover I wanted. Hopefully I won't actually NEED it but I'll be back on site after my hire period to complete my review.

Show details ·  2

Amol
Amol6 posts

This is awesome...Economical solution for rental Excess

I have been using this since I have been in Australia since 2014 and trust me but this is an amazing service. This not only helps to reduce the Excess but the policy provides more coverage than the one usually provided by the rental companies.....

Also, this is an great economical option considering the cost at which the service is provided with an additional personal theft cover & relocation cover.

By gods grace I have not yet required to log a claim however, I am pretty confident that this would be hassle free considering this is being managed by a reputed company like "Allianz"

Great policy, great features and amazing economical cost....

Wisey
WiseyToowoomba177 posts

Peter M
Peter M

Wonderful Concept Highly Recommended

Wonderful concept. As a regular interstate traveller over a number of years, I have been overcharged by the Rental Car organisations for insurance. I have used Tripcover for a while now and as well as being very simple to establish a policy, I feel very comfortable knowing I have economical insurance with a reputable organisation. Thank you

Show details ·  1

dennis m
dennis m

satisfied customer read on

thanks to the reviewers....... I have taken Tripcover every time i hire a car .

However I have never had to make a claim. but wondered if I had the right company if something went wrong and I had an acident

After reading the reviews I have total piece of mind and will continue to take Tripcover insurance .thanks to all

dennis markson new zealand

TinaT
TinaTNortheast, VIC6 posts
Alf
Alf

Very reasonably priced and hassle free claim procedures

I rented a car in late June to drive to southern Victoria with my family. On our way to Melbourne, we hit a kangaroo at a very slow speed.It damaged a fog light and broke the bumper. The result was a big repair bill. Thankfully, I bought Tripcover insurance for the trip. After I got the invoice from the car rental company, I filled in the claim form and attached the invoice, rental contract and damage report to the insurance company. They asked for the detailed invoice and within about 10 days, i got my reimbursement less a small amount. I would use Tripcover again.

Show details ·  2

gymguy
gymguymelbourne39 posts

I claimed and it is so easy!

I rented a car through Thrifty to the snow for the weekend and on the way back to the rental office, the tyre went flat. Thrifty called RACV to help me and I got charged later for the roadside fee + a new tyre! ($300+)

I contacted tripcover and they sent me the claim form to fill in. I emailed back the same day and got a response on the 10th business day from them saying they are paying me back full.

It is a very easy process and the premium from them is 1/3 of the car rental company. I highly recommend tripcover!!!!!

Will definitely buy from tripcover again for all my rentals! Now, I feel 100% covered.

Show details ·  1

Clive P-T
Clive P-TAuckland9 posts

Cheap, simple but!

We use Tripcover regularly for our Australian holidays and it is excellent value and simple to set up.

My main concern is that it doesn't seem to cover hail damage...surely the cover is designed to allow a client to recover what the rental car companies don't cover in their basic included cover. Tripcover were looking into this last year but I have heard nothing back.

Another minor surprise is that the frequent flyer discount is only for short hires...I would have thought the longer the policy duration the better??

Other than these comments, full praise to Tripcover for providing an alternative to rental car excess cover "gouging"

Show details ·  10

anne
anneFar North Queensland, QLD8 posts

website needs improvement

When paying you cant check your dates before pressing the payment button as there is no summary of what you have booked. After paying it says to use your Australian frequent flyer number to received a discount. Why wasn't this shown prior to completing the booking??? Have yet to pick up the hire car so cant say anything about claims process (hopefully wont need it)

Tripcover   DM
A. Or
A. Or

This is perfect when you pay. This is terrible when you claim

It's easy and simple when you pay for the insurance. But when you want to make a claim, the admin work is complicated and time consuming.

They required lots of documents for just a small amount of claim like AUD200 and even asked for a phone interview. However, I have already been back to my hometown when they process my claim.

Tripcover   DM

I am sorry to hear of your dismay when making a claim. If you give me your details of your policy number I will attempt to follow up with Allianz and sort this issue out.

Kevin T
Kevin TPapamoa, New Zealand

Simple to Use

The website is clear and concise. Taking up the policy was fast and stress-free. Hopefully I will not need to test how well it works in practice!

Paul Gallant
Paul Gallant

Fantastic coverage

I was concerned about the coverage when I first took it out but can't fault the the claim process or the final payout. I can only wish other insurance claims could be dealt with so easily.

Thanks again.

WJH
WJH

Economical Rental Car Excess Cover

I have used Tripcover regularly for about two years.

It easily beats the rates 'gouged' but rental car companies who have developed 'excess' and 'fee ' charges to an art form.

Tripcover is easy to transact online.

My only beef is that it doesn't retain my details for subsequent transactions meaning that I must re-enter them each time.
Simple, reliable, cheap
I would like Tripcover to retain my details for subsequent transactions. Show 2 replies

Roz
RozPerth

Perfect choice

This a great choice for car rental excess insurance. Much cheaper than through the rental company.We hired a camper van for a week and Tripcover saved us money on insurance. They also covered so much more than other insurance companies that I had been looking at. Didn't have to make a claim thank goodness but from what I've read on the reviews about their customer service I'm sure it wouldn't have been a problem. Will definately recommend and use Tripcover again.
The price and what they covered in their policy.
Sonia
SoniaAU3 posts

Good Savings With These Guys

These guy's are like other excess reduction companies, i.e RentalCover or 1Cover and save you money from purchasing additional rental insurance at the depot.

For $10 a day I was covered for $4,000 of excess which isn't expensive at all when you think about it. Better then paying twice the price at the Car Rental company!
Inexpensive and Good Savings
Website looks outdated and is cluttered Show reply

Insurance

Find out how Tripcover compares to other Insurance

Janne
JanneBrisbane

Lisa, Brisbane
Lisa, BrisbaneBrisbane2 posts

Brilliant I use this on every car rental

I am so pleased to have found Tripcover. The web site is quick and easy to use. I always have great savings compared to the rental companies. The confirmation email is prompt and queries answered quickly. The discount for club memberships is also a bonus. Thanks for making the excess on car rentals issue a non event.
Quick and Inexpensive