Triumph Rocket III Classic

Triumph Rocket III Classic Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

Kev V.

Kev V.asked

Can I change my R3T Speedo from mph to kph ?
Cheers.

Gary

Garyasked

I have a 2012 rocket 111 touring , the LCD display on the speedometer reads in miles, is it possible to change this on the display to kmh? Thanks.

Glenys M

Glenys Masked

Ive fitted a new battery on my rocket 3 but the mileage on odometer is reading different to before change, any ideas?

Impulsive
Impulsive

I had a similar problem where the speedo needle went around to the end after fitting a new battery and then wouldn't return. Try disconnecting the power for about 10 minutes or so, hold the lead on the battery again for a few seconds and see if anything changes. Leave the power off for another 10 minutes or so and repeat the procedure above. You may need to do this a few times until the speedo resets itself. After doing this my needle returned to the start and has been fine since. This is not quite the same problem as you experienced but it might create the same effect. Good luck. I hope you're enjoying your Rocket as much as I'm enjoying mine.

John

Johnasked

Hi can anyone help. I have just bought a 10 pate rocket 3 with 700 miles. Had it a week and when trying to start today the battery seems to be flat. Is this a common problem and how can I fix as not really mechanically minded?

bikerjones
bikerjones

Hello!

My 08 Classic did this self same thing when I first got it, turns out the previous owner kept it on a battery minder gadget because of the factory fitted alarm.
In about 2-3 weeks of non use the alarm would flatten the battery without it. Battery minders do nothing more than keep the battery topped up, any lead acid battery does not like this treatment, it will eventually reduce the battery's capacity to the point where it fails. Its ok in the short term (6 months or less) but not permanently. I removed the alarm, fitted a new battery & no problems since. The Rocket has a HUGE alternator & will cope with even short journeys.

Hope that's of some help?

Kev
Kev

Mate, I've had a 2010 rocket3 since new. Not an every day ride. Clocked up 65000 k's doesn't miss a beat. Ride it hard. Don't be afraid of it and everything should be ok.

Panda
Panda

R3 are remouned for this. Get your battery checked it could be on its way out. Oven with a new batter you should do a trickle charge every week more in colder places.s

Get an answer from our members and Triumph representatives