Triumph Rocket III Touring

Triumph Rocket III Touring

See the Best Touring Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sheepdog60Tauranga

ROCKET POWER C U LATER HARLEY SMELL MY FUMES

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Sheepdog60

When i ride my Rockett 3 the mirrors don't even tremble.
Smooth very comfortable ride.
& i pull 200k now & then.
Sensibly. Only in the right place.

Sheepdog60

I c that someone on this site obviously by his review on the rockett 3 has a nervous disorder & gets a itchy bottem when he rode his rockett 3.
Sorry m8 thats not the bike.
ITS WORMS.
JUST HAVING A LAUGH

lesSydney Surrounds, NSW

idiots who defame the R3!

there is a guy here (wistawosta) who claims there is vibrations when riding a R3?
i am not sure he's has ever had one or he's making it up?
I have 2 of these bikes, smooth as silk, handling is beautiful and turns on a dime!
Anyhow just thought people should know that this message is untrue!

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Tom

TomWarrenville

Amazing machine!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
wistawosta

wistawostaLismore, Victoria

So Happy I got Rid Of It

Bad vibrations , Clutch Problems , Not many bikes have their own problems Facebook page but the rocket has , the vibrations took the pleasure out of riding it , these bikes are really heavy unstable and difficult to do u turns and other low speed manoeuvres , would not buy again .

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Kazzar

KazzarAU

My husband loves his Rocket 111 !!

This is a big bike not for the feint hearted. Its powerful, its big and its heavy but I husband thinks its far superior than a Harley Davidson. It handles brilliantly on the road, but you got to respect the rocket (his words) He is happy that it was good value for money - we paid $18500 with only 7ks on the clock. As it is such a heavy bike you do have to be careful with itas he dropped it and was very hard to get back up. Parts are hell expensive though. Overall its a bike thats got the pull power and its one hell of a powerful machine. He is extremely happy with it. Triumph is very expensive though to service it and not a lot of mechanics for bikes do like servicing them .

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Chris Mc

Chris McMelbourne

When the whole is better than the sum of the parts.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

FAIR DINKUM BLOKMount Annan

2015 rocket roadster superb

Date PurchasedOct 2016

My unbiased view

roadrunning123Sydney, NSW

Rocket 3 touring is the winner!

What a disgrace Triumph,

If you want to feel a bike with a vibration, you should buy one of these, I bought one and it is shocking and the service from Triumph is the same

Bad vibration at mid range rev's, bad warranty service and parts supply

RickAasked

Has anyone had a very hot petrol tank on the Rocket 3 Tourer?
I picked up my new bike yesterday and have only travelled 120 km’s on it and the last 50 km’s at 27degree ambient temperature in suburban traffic.
I am worried that the fuel in the tank is getting too hot.

Hi Rick

i have a 2016 in Matt black, like most black bikes they do generate a bit of heat, but no problems at all.. over 6ks now

RickA

I checked the temp of the petrol inside the tank and the thermometer read 39.5 degrees C.
I went back to the dealer and the young mechanic said that it was totally normal as the headers were situated under the fuel tank.
1700km so far and no problems displayed so he is probably right.

Popeye

Popeyeasked

I ride a Suzuki intruder 1400 and I am spoiled with superior power and torque but when I ride for more than 4 or 5 hours I am worn out. I am looking for a touring bike that performs as great as my bike but doesn't wear me out. Is this r3 tourer my bike?

FAIR DINKUM BLOK

Brother the Rocket is great for touring. But it ian heavy. So this means if your touring will include bends and numerous turned it will be tiring. On weekend I rode 600km. By the end of it I could most certainly feel it in my legs. But in saying this the additional weight holds well on the long roads.

All in all it is a great machine. You have a lovely cycle. But honestly the torque is no comparison from the set of lights.

I have. Itching but great things to say about the rocket. Hope this assists. Kind regards.

Daveasked

My low milage (10,000) 2009 (pampered) Rocket 111 is down for clutch repairs. Almost a total redo. Is there a history of clutch problem?

roadrunning123

Not that I'm aware of. I've had mine since 2013 and it's a 2011 model I bought second hand wit 30.000 K's on it and it hasn't missed a beat and now she had 45,000K's and still going strong.
I would find out what oil you are using. I know it's tempting to put expensive oil in your bike but this bike came out with Casral 4t 10-40 or15-50 and that's what I put in.
She runs smoother and hasn't let me down.
Hope this helps.
Happy rocketing buddy!!

Thank you for the feedback! Much appreciated. Dave

Get an answer from our members and Triumph representatives