Triumph Scrambler

Triumph Scrambler

3.0

Good

A great old style all rounder that attracts attention wherever you go. A bike that needs no adjustment to ride with confidence. Non intimidating with adequate performance to please most. Would be perfect if it had 80 horses and a louder bark (this can be achieved with some simple after market parts though) A great bike that can be used all day & everyday.
    Comfortable, neutral riding position, easy to live with, full of character and well put together, unique trail bike look, very versatile
    Wind blast and tire noise at highway speeds, pipes can get very warm in stop/start traffic crawling. Would be "really exciting" if it had another 30 horses, I would also like another gear (but I say that about all bikes)

Thruxton8Sydney, NSW

Good

Joe25
    Joe25
    Baz57
    Baz57

thanks for the vid Joe. im ordering my Scrambler this tuesday:)

Ian asked

I have a 2007 scrambler. I love it but the twin upswept pipes got too hot in Summer in the Sydney traffic.
    What can I do? Do the Arrow two into one, reduce the heat?

Thruxton8

I'm afraid Ian that's just the trade-off you'll have to make if you want to retain the upswept pipes. Running a free flowing Arrow will generally run cooler but be prepared to not do it with half measures. You'll need a free flow air-box modification (pods work well) and you MUST have the ECU re-mapped to ensure your bike is running correctly "tuned". John at Motocciclo in Saint Peters can do that for you... Also, ride with kevlar motorcycle jeans, it helps the most and makes it manageable in summer. I assume you are on an unrestricted license so lane filter as much as possible to keep the bike moving/cooling. The Triumphs twins do tend to get very hot in our Australian climate and Sydney's congested traffic certainly makes things worse... I'd personally fit an unrestricted "tracker" styled under-slung 2 into 1 if I still had mine, open the air box and have it properly dyno tuned. Then address the front brake feel with braided line and pads, sort the ordinary suspension out (which lets the whole bike down, both front and rear) and fit a decent set of tires. It will totally transform your bike for there better and keep you satisfied long term. Try Tec Bike Parts in the U.K, They are excellent to deal with and affordable. George has a wealth of personal experience with air-cooled Triumphs going way back. Good Luck :)

Ian

Thanks mate. Great advice.

Get an answer from our members and Triumph representatives

CategorySport Touring Bikes